Australia's Next Top Model

According to wiki, Dannii Minogue will be the host for cycle 5. However, there is no citation and reference whatsoever for that statement.
The Dannii Minogue as new host information has been removed from AusNTM wiki page. And now it said Jodhi will return to season 5, but again, there is no citation/reference... Whoever edited the AusNTM wiki page, please include citation so we can know the sources and determine the credibility of all those informations written there. :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can totally do without Jodi, she is dreadful as a host, her taste is poor and I totally lost all respect for her when she refused to do the right thing and kick Demelza and her fellow vultures off the show, which imho was a decision made based on person bias.

Girl better get her "ethics in" and do the right thing by getting out.

I will assume that Jodhi is the host for the next season (and all other successive seasons) until I see a new face in the promos and/or during the premiere. It's just too good to be true that they'd get rid of her so I'd have to see it to believe it.

She looks pretty in the ed, but just that. I will never get over her bullying on the show though. That was just so vicious.

Demelza gets a Ferrero Rocher campaign. I hope she gets geared to commercial modeling, her body proportions are a bit off for high fashion runway. About her bullying, I hate it but I hope she can fix her attitude, regret it and be a better person. :flower:

I can totally do without Jodi, she is dreadful as a host, her taste is poor and I totally lost all respect for her when she refused to do the right thing and kick Demelza and her fellow vultures off the show, which imho was a decision made based on person bias.

Girl better get her "ethics in" and do the right thing by getting out.
I think that the decision to kick off Demelza is not with Jodhi's, rather with the show. We have to remember that while Jodhi is the host and judge of AusNTM, she is not Tyra that has more power when it comes to ANTM.
As a person, I think she is very nice, she showed real caring and feelings for the contestants of AusNTM. But as a host, she's a robot and boring cue card reader. As a judge, she doesn't have the needed modeling credibility because she was never more than a swimwear model; which is why she keeps rooting for girls that she thinks resemble her more as a model, and she is a swimsuit designer so she want swimsuit models! Thus she has bad taste as a judge. :doh:

Whether or not she gets replaced as a host for season 5, my reactions to it will depend on WHO will actually replace her. If the show got someone like Jennifer Hawkins or Dannii Minogue to replace her, it'll be like... UGH NO. C'mon MMAS Aus, beauty pageant for modeling host? :rolleyes: if the new host is Megan Gale, it'll be "OH well, pretty good" because while Megan Gale IMHO is not really a top model of the world, she's considered pretty successful and famous in Australia, so she at least has (while not he best) a not bad credibility for an Australian modeling competition. :ninja:

Though if I'm Jodhi, I'll be really embarrassed returning again after all that and rather choose to quit so I don't have to afford getting fired later on. :unsure:

Well now that it is confirmed, I really do feel for her and hope she has some real friends that can offer her support rather than being used for her celebrity and money.

I don't know much but according to Wiki she's done some HF ad campaigns as well as SI. And she's had previous tv experience so she seems pretty qualified.

Sarah a former fashion model, appeared in campaigns for Revlon, Ralph Lauren, Yves Saint Laurent and Estee Lauder, as well as the 1999 and 2003 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issues.

^ She's pretty big in Australia :smile: She's married to Laughlan Murdoch too.. Rich, rich, rich!
She'll be fantastic!

New shots of Demelza!
[priscillas]

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 4
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 6
SARAH O'HARE IS HOSTING?!?

Total must watch. She's definitely got more cred as a model to me than Johdi ever would.

Sarah O'Hare should be good - I remember when she used to be on TV ads regularly speaking on things like breat cancer awareness (I think) and I don't remember her in any negative light. Plus, she was pretty big over here in the late nineties. DEFINITELY more modelling cred than Jodhi had. Guess we'll have to wait and see though...

she's quite articulate and interesting to watch, but anything will be an improvement on robot jodhi. her performance was stagnant, she was like a deer in headlights! they need someone like tyra who is, albeit a bit melodramatic, but is fun to watch, injects the whole thing with a bit of personality and sass and also has modelling know how. Despite Jodhi's claims to modelling greatness all she really did was a few swimwear covers, and swimwear is her forte, as Fuune noted. They need someone who has done a bit more, like Sarah Murdoch.

Next season should be good, hopefully they get some good, fresh girls with interesting faces and who can do high fashion like alice. All bitchiness aside Demelza had a great face, but her body was just not right for HF. I'm glad she got this campaign, more props to her, and hopefully she will become successful as a commercial model. I can't see her doing HF in the near future.

Edit; also, the thing that annoys me about Jodhi is that she made it all about a popularity contest and her favourites. Modelling is not a popularity contest, sure you have to be nice to get booked, but you're not supposed to win friends, ultimately you're all competing for the same/similar jobs, and there are only so many of them. Jodhi would frequently use the phrase 'but she's so nice' when judging, as if that is a criteria more important than photo/appearance/style/intelligence. And she would call people 'oh but little steph', 'little alyce', blah blah blah...

the models she didn't like were not favoured in this way, and Jodhi had the power the sway the vote towards those that she did like. How else can you explain why Caris was voted off when she had a) done what the judges had asked of her and lost weight, b) taken a beautiful photo and c) done a better photo than others that week (cough demelza). The judges also picked a bad photo of caris in the week they did the shoot for oyster when there were much prettier photos to pick. Oyster even proved this by choosing a different photo for Caris when they ran with the shoot a couple of months later.

Grrrrr. it just annoys me that models were allowed to stay or made to go when they did not deserve to do so. /rant. :smile:

The new host is looking for a plus-size model.

Um, I hope this doesn't become ANTM cycle 10 Australian ver.
Please just don't lose sight that they can actually scout girls who can work internationally (like Myf and Alice). I hope they won't forget that they are looking for top models, instead of just promoting healthier body image blablabla.

i second that fuune...

i actually thought that demelza had alot of potential..but her body is just ruining it for her!!

i'm sure the casting directors for the show must be eating there faces..when they read abt myf's success!

i second that fuune...

i actually thought that demelza had alot of potential..but her body is just ruining it for her!!

i'm sure the casting directors for the show must be eating there faces..when they read abt myf's success!

:lol: Nice visual.

But I mostly agree with what's been said on that.

On another note, Sarah looks great in that accompanying picture.

she's an australian model, 17 years old, from Queensland who auditioned for the latest season of autralia's next top model but was rejected by casting directors for not having what they thought was top model potential.

Myf Shepherd then went on to walk the Spring/Summer 09 shows, walking for all the big shows including Chanel, Fendi, Dior, Prada, Gucci, Balenciaga, Hermes, Galliano, Jil Sander, Marc Jacobs... She had a great season for a newcomer, and a much better first season than anyone that has come out of Australia's next top model, including Alice Burdeu the winner of the 3rd season who has become mildly famous, but not as quickly as Myf did.

here is her thread; click

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->