Ballet flats

Status
Not open for further replies.
simple question: for the money, what is the best basic black patent leather ballet flat? I've tried steve madden's (very uncomfortable), but i don't really have funds for a $500 pair of lanvins (are they worth it anyways?). who votes for repettos bb? any opinions?

lanvins at http://www.barneys.com/Patent%20Ballet%20Flat/151105381,default,pd.html

**please don't quote images**

repetto at kirna zabete.com

Black

Repettos are great and pretty comfortable. They some times lose their shape, but that's to be expected with basically any flat.

Topshop also has really great flats! Def go there for the trendier ones(i.e. studs and patterns)

I want to get a pair of flats that aren't plain but will last a while...
these are my favorites:

2zi3lzt.png

input would be appreciated!! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
timemachinedream, the black flats you posted are beautiful! I really like the little buckles on them. Not too sure about the heel, but overall I like them. :smile:

Repettos are great and pretty comfortable. They some times lose their shape, but that's to be expected with basically any flat.

Topshop also has really great flats! Def go there for the trendier ones(i.e. studs and patterns)

I want to get a pair of flats that aren't plain but will last a while...
these are my favorites:

input would be appreciated!! :flower:

I really like those flats! Could you please credit the image? Thank you :flower:

A girl I used to work with loved wearing her ballet flats but said "they make your feet stink", another girl there agreed.Is this true or do they just have stinky feet???:blink:

I think that is true if the shoes aren't leather, or if they are lined with something synthetic. Only leather shoes allow your feet to "breathe" properly, anything synthetic will make your feet sweat and ultimately, "stink". Hope that helps!

A girl I used to work with loved wearing her ballet flats but said "they make your feet stink", another girl there agreed.Is this true or do they just have stinky feet???:blink:

mine don't stink, but the inner part can get pretty dirty sometimes. i generally try (though rarely get around to it) to clean them out with a wet paper towel.

seems like ballet flats aren't really a trend anymore, but a classic.

i ordered a pair of London Sole flats in grey leather. Found them on sale online for half off. will be getting them in the mail soon! ^_^

^ will do. I'm crossing my fingers that it will fit. From the online reviews, London Sole is supposed to fit a little small, but leather is supposed to stretch a lot. So I ended up ordering my usual size.

Here they are! They fit perfectly and feel so comfy. I love them and am just waiting for the rain to stop so that I can wear them out.

[my pic]

Attachments

• DSC_0162.jpg
    DSC_0162.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 8
thanks for posting :smile:
i have never seen this style either. look comfy!

I posted this in the Lanvin thread, but thought I'd try here as well. I bought these Lanvin patent bow flats from NAP (who stated the shoes ran TTS, so I bought my usual size), they have a little 20mm hidden wedge. I have only tried them on, but not walked in them (don't want to scuff the soles in case I need to exchange them in a bigger size), and was wondering if they will stretch...as they are, my toes are around 50mm or so from the end, but I can feel the shoe around my heel & near my big toe (hope that makes sense). I've read that patent shoes don't stretch much, do you all agree? I don't know whether to size half a size up (but then they might stretch & slip off my heel?) or to keep these...Thanks in advance! :flower:

48730_in_dl.jpg

pic: netaporter

brigadeiro,
i am usually a 38.5 but go for 38 in my lanvin elastic ones as i need them to stay on.
my first were 38.5 and they kept coming off my feet. i have them in fabric leather and patent and find the snug one better fit.
lovely btw :smile:

brigadeiro,
i am usually a 38.5 but go for 38 in my lanvin elastic ones as i need them to stay on.
my first were 38.5 and they kept coming off my feet. i have them in fabric leather and patent and find the snug one better fit.
lovely btw :smile:

Thanks leyla m! :flower:

Wow! So you sized down! Did you find these flats snug at first, and then they stretched later?

^Ferragamo. I know the ferragamo varinas in particular come in narrow sizes like 7AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->