• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Balmain F/W 14.15 by Mario Sorrenti

I swear to you, my first impression upon looking at this was that the rich, privileged white girl invited all her ethnic friends to her house & let them try on all her clothes. That was my initial reaction & my opinion hasn't changed after seeing more images. Luckily for Balmain I don't see this being a big controversy, considering that any diversity is better than no diversity & they just had Rihanna fronting last season's campaign. Feelings aside, I do think this campaign looks nice.

^but then it would have been better if all the models were white? we could argue whether is appropriate to have an african trend at all but in this case Cara is the only white girl and the other girls are in no way dressed or posing in a demeaning way. You have a diverse cast in not only race but nationalities: british, american, mexican... white, black, asian/latin...

I think it wouldn't be an issue if the cast consisted of more than one white model, not an ALL white cast. It wouldn't look so elitist if some of the girls surrounding Cara were white. It would make everyone in the campaign look equal imo.

cara does NOT fit this brand one bit. wish it was rosie HW

anyway its still great, jourdan steals it for me :D

I too agree this campaign could have done without Cara, she looks somewhat out of place

Balmain Fall/Winter 2014/2015 advertising campaign photographed by Mario Sorrenti and art directed and styled by Katie Grand.
It is the first time the house presents a group of models starring Ysaunny Brito, Cara Delevingne, Jourdan Dunn, Issa Lish, Kayla Scott, Binx Walton.

"I could not be more happy with this campaign. It illustrates my vision of the house. These six different women, from such an incredible mix of backgrounds, are all united to present what a modern French house can be. This campaign both reflects today’s realities and the possibilities of the fashion world."

Olivier Rousteing, Balmain’s Creative Director.

facebook.com/balmainparis

I just don't get Issa Lush, like at all.

I actually like that Cara is in this, otherwise I would have felt like it would have been prone to all of those talks about how it was minority stunt casting.

CARA DELEVINGNE, JOURDAN DUNN & JACKSON HALE, BALMAIN EYEWEAR.
qt84OFP.jpg
hsX7jgO.jpg
TMzUfEW.jpg

thefashionisto.com

Issa Lish looks like a dead troll scooped from a swamp.

i love the old balmain. everything is just overdone with then new balmain. yuck!

How amazing would this look without Cara! It kind of ruins the whole boldness of the campaign but it´s still a good one.

New shot (with no Cara in it lol)

142vlgn.jpg

Balmainparis Instagram

^^ That new shot is probably my favorite so far. But I actually like every shot that has been released so far. I'm not even bothered by Cara, I think all girls look awesome. This is a surprisingly good campaign considering the collection itself was just vile. I love the diversity, the styling and the somber mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelseaboys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->