Balmain S/S 2014 : Rihanna by Inez & Vinoodh

I like this new ads with Rihanna except the black one ...
Someone knows when we'll can find this ads on the magazines ?
;-)

HQ
121713_Balmain_Rihanna.jpg

style.com

1511954_10152045546591676_1678603001_o.jpg

tumblr_mxzx0sRoq11qbccs4o2_1280.jpg

BALMAIN: SPRING/SUMMER 2014 CAMPAIGN FEAT. RIHANNA

My name is Vincent, and I am a Rihanna addict. We’re sharing these new Inez and Vinoodh shots with you only after I have spent the past 24 hours browsing them on the Instagram accounts of Olivier Rousteing, Mel Ottenberg, Riri’s bezzie Mel, and even Riri’s personal hairstylist who I know only as @yusefhairnyc. Yes- I follow all of these in order to see Ms. Fenty from several angles on the daily, and have neglected to post, having caught that strange Insta disease where you pretty much think anyone on your feed is conversing with you directly. Well I didn’t want to leak it any further did I?! Anyway- this is as Yusef put it (hair tongs in hand, chubby fur cast carelessly over one shoulder to reveal his wife beater) a #gamechanger. Forever sealing Rihanna’s fate not only as an ikawn (that’s icon in New Jersey drag ghetto FYI) of music, but an ikawn of fashion too. What a smart youth-centric move from Olivier, who in dressing the star in his cinch waisted power denims has further highlighted the handing down of that legacy of pop stars that make you gurn with excitement when a new videos released, and die inside just a little bit at their concerts to Ms. Thang. I’m thinking the Jackson’s essentially. A little bit of Janet, and a little of Mike. Those heavy duty chains are quite Rhythmn nation, and isn’t that do a little bit Bad? Almost a Jerry Curl? And yes- that white tiled backdrop does look a little like a W/C doesn’t it? Let’s us imagine we’re having a little goss in the loos of da club. You can confide in us Riri.

Photographers: Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin

Creative Director: Franck Durand

Fashion Editor/Stylist: Mel Ottenberg

Hair Stylist: Yusef

Make up Artist: Yadim

www.balmain.com

by Vincent Levy

10magazine

Last edited by a moderator:
I find her tattoos to be very distracting. That's all I see. :ermm:

^^That shot in the blue denim dress is the only one I like. Good casting choice for the campaign, but Rihanna usually photographs so much better than this. Also, that whole collection was just hideous and I don't think that tile background was a good idea.

Why is anyone taking all this so seriously...?

It's Balmain. It's Rihanna. They're pure flashy, trashy tacky, but outrageously expensive camp. It's pure 80s decadence shamelessly copied-- not revised, revamped or revisioned. Copied. Only girls that were born in the late-80s who have never experienced such gaudiness, and the new Chinese and Russian nouveau riche adult women would adore all this OTT camp.

The styling, including the much dreaded tiles is pure 80s. Go check out any 80s pop video: from Rod Stewart, Olivia Newton-John to Elvis Costello, that tacky white tile design was everywhere.

The tackiness is deliberate, down to the cheap-looking Balmain logo on a slant thrown across the page. And Rihanna is the perfect embodiment of all that Balmain/ 80s tackiness.

she's just so trashy, rosie huntington whiteley would have been so much better choice..

she's just so trashy, rosie huntington whiteley would have been so much better choice..

Agreed, luxury advertising needs to either appeal to current clients or people who aspire to be clients of the brand... the only people I can think of who aspire to be like Rihanna certainly can't nor ever will afford Balmain.

Rosie's bone structure can look quite masculine and angular which, as well as her sophisticated looking face, would have complemented the clothes, the background and the brand well.
Then again she is overused.

I really hate the logo, it make every image look worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->