• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Balmain S/S 2007 : Freja Beha Erichsen by Andreas Sjödin

I think it perfectly captured the show in the ad. It's dark and moody, yet soft and delicate. I love it! :heart:

Stunning yet somehow reminiscent of her Balenciaga campaign. Not that I'm complaining. More Freja is always a good thing :D

i think freja is totally wrong for the dress. she is too... "kick ***" looking when that outfit is supposed to look angelic. freja is gorgeous, but in a very androgynous way. i would much rather see someone cuter, less masculine, and more doll like. i think Vlada Roslyakova or Caroline Trentini would of been better for that winged outfit.

That dress was so beautiful that I couldn't forget it. The new ad is fantastic.

lordevan said:
i think freja is totally wrong for the dress. she is too... "kick ***" looking when that outfit is supposed to look angelic. freja is gorgeous, but in a very androgynous way. i would much rather see someone cuter, less masculine, and more doll like. i think Vlada Roslyakova or Caroline Trentini would of been better for that winged outfit.
Thats what I like about this ad; the contrast between the angelic dress and the edgy model, playing with hard/soft and masculine/feminine. A sweeter looking girl would have made it a lot less interesting, in my opinion.

This was such a nice surprise. My favorite SS07 ad so far. :heart:

lordevan said:
I think the ad is perfect the way it is! The setup and lighting probably wouldn't have had as much impact if it had been either one of the models you mentioned; I think it would've been a very dismissable ad had they used a more doll-faced model. That's just my opinion though :wink::wink:

Anyway, I love the ad and I absolutely LOVE Freja :heart::D

Last edited by a moderator:
lordevan said:
exactly :doh: , though i dont agree w/ your choices for replacement. the entire show was delicate and soft and freja just does not represent that. the outfit would have looked better on someone with finer features and maybe a blonde.

not to mention the style of the ad and the pose do nothing for the dress. its a shame cuz the collection was beautiful :innocent:

I LOVE this ad. It's not very original, really, but it's so beautiful. :o

I can't see the image, it's just me or anyone else have this problem??

here....still the same source..but i edited it a littlt bit(added the balmain logo:ninja:)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->