Gianfranco Ferré S/S 2008 : Freja Beha Erichsen by David Sims

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
Source | WWD | December 13, 2007

2107932576_be0d051eec.jpg

Lars Nilsson may be settling into the pilot's seat at Gianfranco Ferré, but he still wanted to show his vision for the fashion house so he planned a transitional ad campaign. Though the ensemble — a sharply tailored blazer cut close to the body over a silk blouse and high-waisted, wide-legged pants — was part of the spring collection, designed by the late designer and his assistant, Liborio Capizzi — the mood was imparted by Nilsson. David Sims shot the black-and-white image, featuring model Freja Beha Erichsen, in New York's Milk Studios. The campaign breaks worldwide in February.

"It was important for me to show something that reflected my own aesthetic and my vision," said Nilsson. "It helps distill the strong essence of the brand while offering a clean and modern platform upon which to move forward."

I'm happy that finally Freja got the campaign!
It looks OK, wait to see more.

^Sadly, I'm not sure if there is more -_- ("David Sims shot the black-and-white image") But I'm sure it'll look splendid in HQ ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous, but very, VERY similar looking to Freja's f/w 05 Balenciaga campaign (which I believe was also shot by Sims)

Even the flared white trousers are similar, all she needs is her bags.

^Indeed, her expression seems to be the only distinct difference :lol: Even the arms...

balenciagabydavidsims0jl.jpg

MDC

^I actually read it as "bangs!" Didn't even notice until you mentioned it :lol: It's probably because I'm in 100% agreement ^_^

I read bangs too :lol:

I really like the ad, especially cos it's similar to Balenciaga which I loooved!
I only hope there'll be more pics!

I like it. Simple but nice.

Oh wow LOVE IT!! :woot: Great shoot,minimal but effective and beautiful i miss simple ads like this,thanks alot for posting.

OMG Freja yay! :buzz: It looks ok, but at least it's a campaign!

so boring ,look sam,e to Balenciaga campaign with Freja very bad this seasson , the past SS07,FW07 are much betters.

I love this campaign. :buzz: Freja looks amazing and I love the simplicity of the ad. I can't wait to see it in HQ. :woot:

Freja looks amazing, I like this campaign - it's very simple, and that's great. Can't wait for more ^_^

I'm not sure about this.Her face looks too fierce

I like the Fall 2005 one better. If Nilsson wants to make a mark, this is definitely not the way to go.

I just love the picture:DNot quite sure if it looks like an actual ad but I'm happy to wait and see the rest.^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gxsd
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->