Mine

Leather jacket (a must!)
Tall leather boots
Fur stole
cashmere sweater
leather kid gloves
decent black skirt
jeans

One of my favorite items is a plain ribbed tank top. I like the "Classic Tank" by Jockey- they make the best ones- they come in a few different colors and are made of very soft, combed cotton...plus, they're nice and long!

your best and most vital wardrobe staples?

What is everyone's (male and female) ONE (or two... or three) most important staple(s) in their wardrobe that is so integral that you just can't go without it and will always have in some form or another?

mine... a white button down shirt. goes with everything, wear them all the time, great alone, or under a jacket... my favorites... a Marc Jacobs shirt done in Sea Island cotton (really smooth and luxurious)... a Margiela one I just got with black buttons (from the 14 line, not 10... what is 14???)

also... the great black jacket. I have a few of these... a great Comme des Garcons single-button closure blazer, Yamamoto 3-button blazer with a hood, a Comme long coat with the most amazing fabric, thick fuzzy pile that you can see the white weave underneath.

Blazers...In several different colors
T-Shirts...
Dark Rinse Jeans...Lightly stonewashed
Classic all black Adidas...:P

Jeans - I'm addicted to denim. Darker washes are my favorite.
Boots - I must always have some variation of them. I just love boots!
A knee-lenght dress. My favorite right now is a black wraparound.
Tee shirts and tanks, just regular, simple ones.
And a jacket. Right now, it's a black 2-button blazer.

I'm into black right now : )

sorry, I'm new here and not completely sure where to post things, this one was moved from where I origanally posted it :(

the perfect jeans (currently wearing my Dior orange overdyes near-nonstop)
slim 2 button blazer
white sneakers (usually are my german military sneakers, otherwise Stan Smiths)

everything else can be switched up... belts and tees/dress shirts.

But I'm almost always wearing jeans. Mmmm, shorts are for suckers!

I gotta echo Chinorlz' sentiment about the perfect jeans being a wardrobe staples, at the rate im wearing my Dior overdyes they're gonna be buried in a few months! haha...also a white t-shirt, I wear one pretty much 300+ days out of the year, whether its by itself in the summer or under a shirt/sweater in cooler weather.

I also like some tailored outerwear for fall weather...my one button Yamamoto overcoat works well with pretty much all of my wardrobe, as does my Y's charcoal blazer, which i wear a lot in the spring.

depending on the season
good quality, fitted jeans, jeans... jeans
tshirts, not too big, or too small. Perfect fit
a nice knitted cardigan

A pair of well-fitted skinny jeans are essential, I often wear black canvas since they are a bit stiffer and have a nice drape... they can also look like a less-formal suit when worn with an equally slim blazer. I have got two pairs that I wear all the time, one from Dior Homme (black toile jeans from S/S 2005) and one from ACNE (Hex Cash, women´s skinny fit)...

Since I often work in layers, tank tops are essential, too - mostly in neutral shades like black, grey, beige or khaki with white trim.

Last but not least, a pair of good old, minimalist sneakers, such as Converse or German army.

the one thing that remains a constant staple in my wardrobe, regardless of season:

the tight little black cardigan. i really don't know what i'd do without it!

I'll echo most of you;

Black shirt.
White shirt.
Black/grey blazer.
Perfect fit jeans.
Converse

shorts, many different lengths that can be dressed up. wife beaters

-denim jacket all different styles
-jeans
-denim mini
-black and white wife beaters

a lot of denim..and i picked 4 tehe