Beautiful Houses

Lexington, Kentucky. $395,000 A four-bedroom Georgian, was built in the late 18th century as an estate and is on the market for $395,000. The home has 11-foot ceilings and original black walnut floors. Members of the prominent Hart and Featherston families owned the house for nearly 200 years. There is a covered porch on the side of the house; a garden planted with herbs, vegetables, perennials and boxwoods; and over an acre of fenced yard.

Carla Winn for The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Compared to some of the other homes in this thread the exterior of this house isn't very impressive, but I love the kitchen and soft, muted colors of the interior.

A two-bedroom bungalow in Camas, Washington, an 18,000-person town on the banks of the Columbia River, is on the market for $190,000. The bungalow was built in 1925 and the interior -- save for some knotty pine floors and ceilings in the downstairs library -- is completely original.

Susan Seubert for The New York Times (nytimes.com)

i love the past few houses...but the most recent one is my favorite, so quaint and adorable!

ya :o a beautiful shape^

some info about the home ...

-located Portland, Oregon
-designed by Robert Harvey Oshatz

-Located on a flag lot, a steep sloping grade provided the opportunity to bring the main level of the house into the tree canopy to evoke the feeling of being in a tree house.
-A lover of music, the client wanted a house that not only became part of the natural landscape but also addressed the flow of music.
-This house evades the mechanics of the camera; it is difficult to capture the way the interior space flows seamlessly through to the exterior.
-One must actually stroll through the house to grasp its complexities and its connection to the exterior. One example is a natural wood ceiling, floating on curved laminated wood beams, passing through a generous glass wall which wraps around the main living room.

same source

wow that is insane!!!! i mean it is very very beautiful but I dont think I could actually live in a place like that... but crazy! beautiful to look at!

Here's a 1906 home in the historic neighborhood of Everett, Washington, that has been completely restored by the owners. The house is 7,800 square feet, three stories, and was purchased in 1998 for $405,000. The article that goes with the slideshow can be found here.

Walt Gillette and Saundra Cope's lovingly restored historic home, across from Grand Avenue Park in Everett, mixes craftsman and Victorian architectural styles. Their basement media room's projection TV screen is retracted into built-in cabinets for a clean, more historically appropriate look. Saundra Cope turned a small area in the basement into a wine tasting room, complete with pictures of Italy framed in the home's original divided windows. Old-growth fir trim, once covered in layers of paint, is now stained a deep coffee hue that adds sparkle and richness throughout the house. Cope and Gillette also revamped their home's grounds, which cover six city lots. One area features a Mediterranean courtyard with a reflecting pool and a wooden bench modeled after one of Monet's garden paintings.

Michael O'Leary for The Herald (heraldnet.com)

Great Houses!

ImageProxy.jpg

West Village Townhouse West Village, New York, NY 10014
$11,995,000
6 Bedrooms
3 Full Bathrooms
3 Partial Bathrooms
Single Family Townhouse
ImageProxy1.jpg

ImageProxy44.jpg

ImageProxyCA50FR9H.jpg

ImageProxyCA9QWJ6R.jpg

ImageProxyCAGOSV4E.jpg

ImageProxy55.jpg

I love the bathroom in this house..
credit: NYTimes

Last edited by a moderator:
Compared to some of the other homes in this thread the exterior of this house isn't very impressive, but I love the kitchen and soft, muted colors of the interior.

Susan Seubert for The New York Times (nytimes.com)

What a darling bungalow ... I love the chimney, shutters, and roofline ...

A house in Brazil by Marcio Kogan
Magazine: Wallpaper* October 2009

scans by rox_yr_sox

^^ That is the gorgeous Paraty House. More pics here:

contemporist.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back