Birthday bag help

Dylan

Reaction score
Hi there

I have bought my girlfriend a Chloe Silverado bag for her birthday.

I opted for the Silverado (in tan leather) because its the right size, and she's looking for something slouchy.

Having bought it, I am now thinking of all the other bags I could have got instead (e.g. Chloe Paddington). What do you think of the Silverado - is it a classic, or are there much more desirable bags out there? I still have a few days, and would change it for a different bag if I get the inspiration!

Thanks

the silverado in the color you got is nice. i personally prefer the paddington, but the weight of the lock bugs some people...what kinds of bags does she like? what does she already have? from there i could give you my personal opinion :wink:

Dylan said:
Hi there

I have bought my girlfriend a Chloe Silverado bag for her birthday.

I opted for the Silverado (in tan leather) because its the right size, and she's looking for something slouchy.

Having bought it, I am now thinking of all the other bags I could have got instead (e.g. Chloe Paddington). What do you think of the Silverado - is it a classic, or are there much more desirable bags out there? I still have a few days, and would change it for a different bag if I get the inspiration!

Thanks

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the paddy and i got it in tan...its my best friend...it goes with everything i dont have to think twice about what i am wearing...but its quite hard to find it...but contact chloe london i heard they are getting a couple of tan the start of the this week...so i am guessing they got them already...or try chloe france...but call ASAP...i personally prefer the paddington...and i love the tan colour...the red looks great too...

Thanks.

It seems as though people are generlly big fans of the Paddington.

What about other non-Chloe bags. Another which I liked was the Burberry Prorsum. Friends have also raved about various other designers - Marc Jacobs, Mulberry etc.

The most important thing is that the bag is classic, and can be used for several years. My girlfriend has never treated herself to an expenive bag before, so this will probably be the start of many!

i dont own a paddy but i do like them..have been thinking of getting one in ivory. i dont like the plain silverados...they just dont have enough going on for me. i like the look of the python ones but dont want nto buy something made of real python skin (tho i'm not judging anyone who does). my personal recommendation would be a Balenciaga in caramel, but theyre hard to find and if you only have a few days its probably impossible. you know your girl's style better than us tho..if you think she'll like the silverado, stick with that :smile:

I baught both the paddington in tan and the silverado in 2 tone python, the paddington is selling on eBay right now. It's very nice but I could only keep one and the silverado definaltey wins.

The only Marc Jacobs bag I would consider is the scarlet, but becuase it's blue, it's not a wear with everything bag like the silverado. I'm personally not crazy about the burberry one.

The Mulberry Roxanne is nice in the chocolate brown (on NAP), so is the bottega veneta hobo in olive green with the gromets. I also like the small Gucci boston bag in white (gucci.com), but thats not really slouchy. The balenciaga is another idea, they have some on eBay that you could get quickly, but you've gotta be careful there. If your thinking about a balenciaga bag you can PM me and I could send you item numbers of all the authentic ones.

Those are just a few I can think of, but I think the silverado beats all of them, it's such a great bag :smile:

BTW, I think it's so sweet your buying your gf a nice bag :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the Paddington in cream and tan are great and she will luv it!! :heart:

balenciaga, Fendi spy, Bottega Veneta woven bag and Mulberry's Bayswater/Roxanne are so great and last for many years.

If you want to get a safe yet unique bag, a black Balenciaga is a very good choice. It's available in lots of department stores as black is a more classic color. Call Neiman Marcus and Barney's NY to see what they have. Aloharag.com also has balenciaga bags in stock and all the three sources will guarantee you get a black B-bag and it is definitely authentic.

Dylan - If you want something classic and slouchy that will last for years I would recommend Mulberry. If you buy in a classic colour like the tan or chocolate they will be made from Darwin leather that is just so beautiful and hardwearing , the coloured bags ( blue, pink , red etc) are made from glove leather that I think isnt as good. The Darwin wears so well - the colour on mine just gets better the more I wear it and the texture of it isnt harmed by constant use. They are also very well made and put together. There are many different ones but the Roxy is really useful if she carries a lot around - roomy and with a shoulder strap. If she travels light the Blenheim is a smaller version of the Roxy and well worth it. They are priced at £595 and £395 - dont know the dollar conversion-sorry!

p.s. Can i just say she is very lucky to have a boyfriend who buys her any of these bags!I am impressed!

jaymee said:
balenciaga, Fendi spy, Bottega Veneta woven bag and Mulberry's Bayswater/Roxanne are so great and last for many years.
yeah! I'd be absolutely THRILLED if I get either a Balenciaga, Fendi Spy (though I already got one :blush: ) or a Bottega for birthday!! :heart:

Thanks for all of the responses and advice.

Katy - the reason why I decided against the Roxy was that it felt a little big and heavy for her (she's quite petit!).

I have seen so many other bags which I also like and am sure she'd love. I am still somewhat unsure in my choice based on the fact that all of the fashion pages in England are talking about the end of 'boho' and the start of black and white chic (at one stage I was tempted to buy a vintage Gucci bag).

Anyway, despite all of this I have decided to stick with what I've bought. I instinctively liked it when I saw it (I bought it in Liberty in London), and if she has any doubts I won't mind at all if she wants to change it (whether it be for a Paddington, Balenciaga or Mulberry).

Thanks again.

You are right all those big mulberry bags are a little heavy and bulky incl. the Roxy. If you are gonna exchange at Liberty bear in mind that you only have 28 days from the date of purchase so if her birthday isnt soon you might get past day 28!

She loved it.

We went back to Liberty (and trawled Bond Street), and she preferred the Silverado over all others. I actually saw a Miu Miu bag that I really liked for her, but she wants to stick with what she's got.

Thanks for all the input. :wink:

I am glad that she liked it...its so thoughtful of you to get her a bag:smile:

Dylan said:
She loved it.

We went back to Liberty (and trawled Bond Street), and she preferred the Silverado over all others. I actually saw a Miu Miu bag that I really liked for her, but she wants to stick with what she's got.

Thanks for all the input. :wink:
You obviously know your girl well :wink: Congrats :flower:

I wish I knew of a bag I wanted right now since my birthday is the 19th. :(

Happy Birthday Luna!! :-D Did you want to get yourself a b-day gift, or from your bf?

Not sure if any of appeal to you, but some that are on my wishlist...

Creme bowling paddington
red balenciaga classique
red leather silverado
gucci small boston in white or brown
Marc Jacobs scarlet

Mostly the first 4, but I wouldn't mind the last either

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove