Black Models and their campaigns

Sorry to keep bothering you :lol: but citing a thread in tFS does not count as an image credit, you need to cite the original source :flower: our policy is explained here

Thanks. I looked on her thread and it didn't list the original source. I imagine it is ExpressFashion.com.

Lovely idea for a thread...thank you janznote :flower:

Naomi for Louis Vuitton F/W 06.07
Vogue Russia

scanned by deeth

Liya Kebede for Dolce & Gabbana, F/W 03 (I believe?)
adv5837xx1.th.jpg

hfgl.com​

Yes :flower:

Liya has also done Escada three times:

Louis Vuitton:

Yves Saint Laurent:

Emanuel Ungaro:

Balenciaga:

all from hfgl

Wow.

Yes :flower:

Liya has also done Escada three times:
Louis Vuitton:
Yves Saint Laurent:
Emanuel Ungaro:
Balenciaga:
all from hfgl

Please Do Not Quote Images. See tFS Community Rules. Thank You.

Liya, is like the reigning queen of campaigns. I guess it is true that there is still a tendency in the industry to just pick one black girl. When one major force in the industry picks one girl, they all jump on the same band wagon. I love Liya and more power to her. She's absolutely elegant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chanel Iman is in the lastest 'Express' ads & Sessilee models for The Gap.

Arlenis Sosa's Campaigns so far:

Lancome S/S 2010 and the 75 year anniversary Ads on the way...
David Yurman F/W 09.10
Gap F/W 09.10
Gap S/S 09
Gap CDFA S/S 09
Gap Japan S/S 09
TopShop S/S 09

Is it me or have any of you noticed that recently Black models have only been scoring ads for brands like; Express, Gap, American Eagle, etc...

Its baffles me that black models arent considered for brands like Gucci, Dior, Louis Vuitton, in other words Blue Chip Campaigns.. I so hope Joan is shooting for the Givenchy Campaign that way we can have a Black model representing a True High Fashion Brand!

Well Liya scored Kenzo & Jeneil for Loewe. Those are pretty high profile names. Just as long as there are black models in campaigns so I can feel like I can relate.

Well, FW 2010 is business as usual for the industry. Almost all of the ads are shaping up to be as white as the clouds in the sky. I'm ashamed of my love for fashion when it seems to disapprove of me and people who share my heritage! Barely good enough for the shows but UNTHINKABLE for the campaigns.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashion killa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->