Blake Lively & Leonardo DiCaprio Dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already released a statement that she intends to poke fun at the nude photo scandal. That's a really good way to suppress it and let it die down....
bring it up at an awards show. Wonder if she'll be wearing an "I <3 Leo" shirt?

i CERTAINLY do not wish to say that leonardo dicarprio has the same star power of brad pitt nor give the impression that they're at the same point in their careers. my point remains that if two people on the top of their game like brad pitt (during his i-don't-get-out-of-bed-for-less-than-$20M phase) and jennifer aniston (during her $1M/episode phase) could manage to make it work for as long as they did, this little relationship won't crumble due to "conflicting schedule."

but in this case it is one person on the top of his game... I think everyone agrees that Blake starring on Gossip Girl, a CW show w/ bad ratings, is nothing close to Aniston on Friends in the 90s/early 2000s. There is no way anyone can say that Blake Lively is at the top of her game.

If Leo does fly with Blake to LA, then that could be a big sign that this relationship isn't disappearing anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^I think it's a good attempt to suppress it.
I wonder whose going to accept the award when Inception wins Best Fight (it's bound to win)?
I noticed on an MTV commercial about the show that they said someone "Top Secret" is presenting the award for Best Male Performance. So...I wonder if it's Leo?

To me Halle Berry is an example of someone of limited acting ability who used her looks and PR tactics to attain A-list status and ultimately win an Oscar. I like Halle, she looks great on the red carpet and can hold my interest in a six minute interview, and qualities like that are currency in Hollywood.

But the producers and film companies putting up the money will.

Only if the media exposure = boxoffice bankability which in Blake's case it does not.

I´m sure she is already in L.A. as she will attend the show in a couple of hours... as to his whereabouts? who knows...

I hope she can cope with the pressure over her exposure pics and all the gossip that is flying around and will do fine tonight - no matter what her advisors do I still believe that being young and being in the spotlight is difficult and honestly she did not do anything ´bad´as far as we know...not everyone is gifted with exceptional talent and I believe that she along with the people advising her are trying to open doors for her and getting a foot into showbusiness as it is clear that GG will see its end soon...I am sure that many other actors and actresses who started out on TV shows would take on similar decisions if offered (brand endorsements, magazines, interviews, red carpet appearances, small roles in movies...), though of course it is nothing that has a long time guarantee...dating Leo one of the things . it´s not something that secures feature jobs or whatever, but I believe she likes him and it seems he is into her so we´ll see what will happen ...

looking forward to tonight...maybe she will be walking the Red Carpet along with Leighton? Now that would be something :wink:

leighton! Now she's an actress: lucrative contract, wonderful actress, starring is movies good, low key. I'm sure that we're gonna be hearing her name and seeing her in many movies in years to come. I don't know if i can say the same for blake. I hope she goes with leo to the red carpet though. And that joke better be funny even though it's not gonna make us change our minds
Posted via Mobile Device

^^I think it's a good attempt to suppress it.
I wonder whose going to accept the award when Inception wins Best Fight (it's bound to win)?
I noticed on an MTV commercial about the show that they said someone "Top Secret" is presenting the award for Best Male Performance. So...I wonder if it's Leo?

hahah i hate how they do that!!! ooo "top secret"....of course i'm totally falling for it...crossing my fingers something really dramatic happens. like Leo is seen in the audience...next to blake lively!! ahh!!! but the fact that everyone is talking about it is definitely the biggest deterrent in their decision to go public, attend events together, etc, etc. so much hyyype.

She doesn't get cast in serious arty Oscar bait films like Gatsby because she isn't a good actress.

Except most of the movies she's in are serious movies where she's acting alongside very good actors. The Town, Private Lives of Pippa Lee, Savages, Hick... She's doing very well for herself despite everyone thinking she has zero talent. She's coming from a CW shows, how many actors can you think of from a CW/WB show that became wildly successful and/or admired for their talent? Most of them go on to do horror remakes and supporting roles in silly romcoms so I think Blake's doing just fine.

^lol if you say so. I don't know why you're even bringing her name into this thread.

Probably as a rebuttal to your statement here:
She's coming from a CW shows, how many actors can you think of from a CW/WB show that became wildly successful and/or admired for their talent? Most of them go on to do horror remakes and supporting roles in silly romcoms so I think Blake's doing just fine.

If Leo comes to the MTV movie awards I will 1) die of shock and 2) give him hella side eye. :lol:

I hope Blake doesn't embarrass herself while trying to make a joke out of her situation. While on her promotion tour for The Green whatever she won't even get the chance to talk about her movie. She'll just be asked about Leo and the nudes. Also her co-stars will probably be asked about Leo and her nudes. Ugh. I wish her luck, I guess. Even if she created a lot of her on her own - PR wise.

Probably as a rebuttal to your statement here:

Obviously but I was referring to the comment on the previous page.

Blake's reps said the joke at the MTV awards was not happening but who knows?

I'm bringing leighton in because i think if blake's gonna be compared to anyone, it should be her. After all, they are both in the same show and their careers started taking off right about the same time. But comparing blake with jen is just boring, there's nothing to talk about. They are like morning and night. Even blake won't let you compare her to jen. It'd make her look like she hasn't even started her career yet
Posted via Mobile Device

No pics have shown up of her at LAX yet. I'm surprised wouldn've thought Leslie would have them waiting at baggage claim.

No pics have shown up of her at LAX yet. I'm surprised wouldn've thought Leslie would have them waiting at baggage claim.

Surest way to scare Leo off... I bet she flew in early yesterday a.m. on a private plane from Venice to avoid the photogs.

I doubt he'll make an appearance at the MTV Awards, but Inception is nominated for several [including 'Best Kiss,' for which Blake and Ryan will reportedly be presenting] and there is the question of the "mystery presenter" for Best Actor. I see Zac Efron among the nominees... I have no idea if he has a chance of winning, but Leo is his idol.

If Leo comes to the MTV movie awards I will 1) die of shock and 2) give him hella side eye. :lol:

I hope Blake doesn't embarrass herself while trying to make a joke out of her situation. While on her promotion tour for The Green whatever she won't even get the chance to talk about her movie. She'll just be asked about Leo and the nudes. Also her co-stars will probably be asked about Leo and her nudes. Ugh. I wish her luck, I guess. Even if she created a lot of her on her own - PR wise.

Well technically you'd have to do #2 before #1. :lol: Her publicist will probably bar media from asking Blake certain questions.

As far as Blake making fun of the controversy, it really wouldn't make any sense to make fun that poor girl who's photos have been exploited simply because she looks exactly like Blake :P

but in this case it is one person on the top of his game... I think everyone agrees that Blake starring on Gossip Girl, a CW show w/ bad ratings, is nothing close to Aniston on Friends in the 90s/early 2000s. There is no way anyone can say that Blake Lively is at the top of her game.

If Leo does fly with Blake to LA, then that could be a big sign that this relationship isn't disappearing anytime soon.

did you read my entire post? no one is saying they're THE SAME. i'm saying that if brad pitt and jennifer aniston could make it work given their FAR MORE HECTIC schedules, then the conflicting schedules of these two does not necessarily spell doom for their budding dalliance. celebrities date all the time and deal with these problems all the time. if you like someone, you make it work. and stars with enough pull to get on covers of magazines have a say in making their schedules. that's all i'm saying.

Well leighton is successfull.
Posted via Mobile Device

comparing blake lively to leighton meester is like comparing mischa barton to rachel bilson. or jennifer aniston to courtney cox. they may exist as peers, but they're clearly on different tracks. it's like comparing chanel to missoni: they're both good in their own right, but clearly on different levels.

so she just "made fun of herself" at the awards... she looked so awkward/nervous. (can't blame her) but in all honesty, I don't think the bit was very funny, I don't know, anyone else agree?

In reading this thread about Leo and Blake dating, and, in turn, learning about Leo's taste for youngish, somewhat simple, long legged blondes, none of which he commits to, I have lost a certain amount of respect for him, not as an actor, but from what I can glean from these patterns, about his personality. Of course, I could be wrong, but he is coming off to me as immature and insecure, hence the desire for young arm candy, around whom he can feel superior, due to his greater age and intelligence. Why Leo? Why??!! You aren't Donald Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->