• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Blake Lively Rumored fling with Ryan Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a fair question, and I considered it. The thing is, though, the first time I looked at her thread was when she was doing the press junket for "The Town". At that time I knew nothing about her, honestly. I was interested in "The Town" because I liked "Gone Baby Gone" and I love Rebecca Hall. That is how I inadvertently saw Blake, because she was posing a lot with Rebecca. I hadn't yet seen the "The Town" but was reading reviews, etc. I had never followed Blake's career (don't watch much t.v.); I don't read gossip sites or magazines (I think I have seen this Lainey site once). I get a lot of gossip via the old fashioned grapevine, or here (sometimes), or standing in line at the grocery store. So I didn't know anything about Blake. Don't even know this Penn person you all are referring to. Thus, I don't think the rumours are what gave me the impression. I think it has more to do with persona, comportment and style. That's just my twocents, though. Interested to see where her career heads.

You probably got the impression that she was skanky from the way she dresses. I honestly don't care if she's playing the field as long as the guys are single (which accor. to rumours aren't always the case but to believe or not to believe). I just don't like the way her PR people works. She's beyond overhyped and the backlash is her own fault.

Anyones really believes that Blake dates someone for real?

She was on the set of his movie peeking out from his trailer, she´s clearly smiling at paps here imo...

people.com

^If you look at other pics she was smiling at Ryan then looked up and the camera caught her eye... why would she peek her head out just to smile at the paps? lol

What it boils down to is the fact that she could just keep her head down, get on with work and not have attention brought to her private life. It's do-able, but she's chosen not to and the general public are wise to that these days and it won't do her any favours in the long run because eventually it does effect public perception, even if her relationship with Ryan is genuine. She's not exactly the next Meryl Streep waiting to happen, we're not looking at someone who's going to be burdening Oscar voters for the next 20 years, it's clearly been decided that her talent needs to be bolstered by other means.
I might be wrong, but I get the feeling here that people aren't objecting to her her having a relationship, surely nobody would deny the girl that, but it's the way in which it's conducted yes?

littlepaperstars fantastic summary of the general consensus. I totally agree.

Since when did Lainey become god? How would she know that Blake has decided that she must date an A-lister and an A-lister only? She's just crapshooting like every one of us is and given how many times Blake has proven her so wrong over the past few months, why should we still put credence in what she says?

I agree with what fantastical, saann, jomarlushka and dajrekshn have said on her hook-ups and why everyone feels the need to crucify her for it. Ryan himself has been linked to a German model, Olivia, Charlize, Scarlett and Sandra in just over the past few months. The list of Olivia's rumored hook-ups is even longer than Blake's and in a shorter time period too (not a condemnation), Scarlett was barely in a 6-month relationship with Sean Penn and was rumored to have to want to get back with Ryan even though she initiated the divorce proceedings.

And while we're on the subject of A-listers, Ryan (side note: even Gosling since he hasn't and can't delivered a box-office hit on his own) is hardly an A-lister, and I simply fail to see what Ryan Reynold's can do for Blake's career. Magazines? She's gotten the holy grail (Vogue) multiple times, Campaigns? holy grail (Chanel) there too, Roles? She's been in an acclaimed indie (Private lives), a nearly Best Pic nommed movie (The Town), and she just wrapped filming with Oliver freaking Stone when even RR hasn't worked with a director on that level, plus the project seems super-duper promising. And she's bound to get even better projects based on the readings she's been doing with even higher-profile directors and the general trajectory of her career. It also helps that she's the only cast member who hasn't spoken out in any way against GG/her contract despite her having the best career out of any of them right now.

Like someone said earlier, she's the 'leggy, new blonde' so she's bound to have intense media scrutiny especially from bloggers that think they know her and her 'type' when they don't. By all indications, she's a very very pleasant girl maybe slightly spoiled but very nice from all those (civilians and industry-ites) who've met her.

Some of the rumors/blind items about her reek of a smear campaign tbh since her name seems to fit almost every BI that comes out. I mean she's not exactly Alexis Carrington, she can't be that diabolical :lol:

Ummm.When Did I say Lainey is GOD, I don't even like Lainey that much, but if you read Lainey's site Everyday..she is a Blake Lively fanatic..always saying Blake is sooo sexy and all the guys want her..all the girls want to have breast like hers..Etc...she is always tooting Blake's horn, but if Her Cheerleader Lainey can admit that she is making herself available to A-List guys..then it must be some truth to the statement..also after Lainey said what she said...Blake was rumored to be or spotted with many A-List men..like Leo, Ryan Gosling and now Reynolds..sorry I don't think all those rumors about her are false...(Ben Affleck)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by littlepaperstars

What it boils down to is the fact that she could just keep her head down, get on with work and not have attention brought to her private life. It's do-able, but she's chosen not to and the general public are wise to that these days and it won't do her any favours in the long run because eventually it does effect public perception, even if her relationship with Ryan is genuine. She's not exactly the next Meryl Streep waiting to happen, we're not looking at someone who's going to be burdening Oscar voters for the next 20 years, it's clearly been decided that her talent needs to be bolstered by other means.
I might be wrong, but I get the feeling here that people aren't objecting to her her having a relationship, surely nobody would deny the girl that, but it's the way in which it's conducted yes?

I completely agree. Hearted. :heart:

they are house hunting together according to the nypost:

Things are going so well with Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, they’re already looking at apartments together. The lovebirds were spotted checking out a three-bedroom, $4.35 million penthouse at 225 Fifth Ave. on Madison Square Park the other day.

A spy told us, “When they were done, she left the building first, wearing tall boots, jeans, coat and fedora, and got straight into a Town Car, and then Ryan exited into the same car. Her little dog was waiting with the driver in the front seat.” Things seem to be happening fast for Lively, who lives in Chelsea, and Reynolds, who have been officially dating for about a month.(nypost.com)

Good lord! One month and they are house hunting? How weird. And fast.

i never got why people assumed instantly that if a pair is seen house hunting they're moving in together? i mean, who says Ryan wasn't looking for an apartment for himself and Blake came out to help him? i don't think it's that hard to imagine you'd like your gf's opinion on this kind of stuff, or?

^After seeing those pictures of Blake and Ryan, I can't imagine anyone still believing her "relationship" with Leo was anything but a PR scam.

Blake with Ryan Reynolds spending Thanksgiving weekend in Utah - November 25 2011
2.jpg

19.jpg

18.jpg

7.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

blakelively-fan.com

Wha?!? What have I missed? Are those two together now?! Since when? Was she not secretly seeing him like a year ago? Are these new pics?

She looks good all wrapped up in winter clothes. Are those the same boots she was wearing with the black skinny jeans the other day? I like them. I much prefer these type of clothes on her rather than her red carpet style. She looks great and not so try hard.

Jeezus she's a lucky, lucky girl. Leo in the Summer, Ryan in Winter. If she didn't seem so adorable and down to earth, I would totally have no problem hating on her. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->