• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds Married!

Apparently, Ryan likes his women less ambitious and clearly Blake wants to shift to being more Goopy/Martha Stewarty, so I can see it working...for at least five years.

I don't know why people think that it's somehow wrong for women to be less career orientated when they get married. I can't wait to get married and have children and just focus on my family and home. I think if you have very strong maternal instincts it's a very natural thing to lessen your career ambitions.

I love how this is being reported, and commented by people as if they have been dating for 2 months and got hitched! I mean 1 year long relationship is NOT a short courtship in any way possible imo, so this certainly doesnt seem rushed to me, they know each other well by now. Good luck to them, and congrats, i think they make a nice match.

:unsure: I think 1 year is short.

More wedding "details" -

8 New Details From the Top-Secret Wedding

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds exchanged vows in front of about 70 guests Sunday night at the Boone Hall Plantation in Mt. Pleasant, S.C., according to PEOPLE.

Following the ceremony, the one-year-old couple held their wedding reception in a white tent on the antebellum plantation just outside of Charleston.

As all the details surface, what’s now known about the top-secret surprise ceremony?

Reynolds, 35, and Lively, 25 — who costarred together in 2011′s Green Lantern — have been nesting in their Bedford, N.Y., home since they purchased the estate earlier this year. The couple has mostly laid low since they first started dating, and have spent a lot of time with their families, locally, and in Reynolds’ native Canada.

This marks Reynolds’ second marriage. He was previously wed to actress Scarlett Johansson, whom he officially divorced from in 2011. Lively, meanwhile, has hooked up with everyone from Leonardo DiCaprio to her Gossip Girl co-star Penn Badgley.

So what is known about the couple’s surprise under-the-stars wedding?

1. The pair managed to get their picture-perfect day in order in just one month’s time. Lively reportedly asked for days off from the Gossip Girl set just three weeks ago.

2. The couple took precautions to keep the hush-hush nuptials under wraps; guest were required to check their cell phones.

3. The guests were treated to a $3,000 wedding cake, baked by Maggie Austin Cakes, that was transported from Maryland, according to the NY Daily News. The minister also crossed state lines for Lively and Reynolds’s big day, too — he was flown in from Connecticut.

4. Lively walked down the aisle in Chanel (wrong it's was Marchesa), and Reynolds was suited up in a Hugo Boss tuxedo (wrong again it was Burberry). The bride and groom vowed for forever with wedding bands designed by Manhattan jewelry designer Lorraine Schwartz.

5. Following the ceremony in the plantation’s Cotton Docks, Florence Welch (of Florence + the Machine) belted out a three-song set and Bette Midler serenaded the crowd before a deejay took over tunes for the evening, according to E! News.

6. The food may have been catered locally in the Charleston-adjacent town. “I am being told … that a local restaurant may have catered it,” Kelly Gukanovich of local radio station 95.1 FM told E! News.

7. Christian Louboutin was also in the Southern town over the weekend. A local tweeted, “Spotted: @LouboutinWorld in Charleston! Welcome to the city! #designers”

8. The Boone Hall Plantation released a statement on Facebook Monday morning denying requests for comment on the wedding. “We are receiving a number of inquiries this morning. From time to time Boone Hall Plantation hosts celebrity events. We respect the privacy of the individuals involved at these events. We thank you for your inquiries,” it wrote.

celebuzz.com - haha

70 guests only? Sounds like it was family and very close friends only. I'm rather curious if any of the GG cast or crew were there.

Oh gossssh I cant wait to see photos of the dress, I bet she looked beautiful!

I figured the rumor about a Chanel dress was false because it would take far longer to make. I remember from Kim Kardashian's wedding that Marchesa was one of the brands that can whip up a dress quick. This will either be good or bad...I wasn't a fan of their creation for Nicole Richie.

Blake seems to love fairytales, so I think it's a good match because if there's anything Marchesa can do it's whip up a sugary sweet ball gown. Now whether or not it will be any good is a different question.

This is quite possibly one of the randomest things I have read this month.
'Buff beige' is getting married to 'desert sand beige'. I wonder what new shade of beige they'll produce.
Congratz but I give them two years.

Dang, there goes another stud-muffin' I won't get to hook up with. O_well, lol, good for them, can't wait to see the pictures.

I'm actually so excited to see them on the cover of Martha Stewart Living... I love that magazine and buy it each month :ninja:

This is quite possibly one of the randomest things I have read this month.
'Buff beige' is getting married to 'desert sand beige'. I wonder what new shade of beige they'll produce.
Congratz but I give them two years.

:rofl:

Well then we certainly have different outlook on what is "short". I know people who got married after 2 months together, at least its not that short for them.

I don't think the suitability of a marriage is measured by any amount of time. Some people are engaged for years, some are engaged for a fraction of that time. Sometimes when two people meet and fall in love, they'll know very quickly if they're right for each other. 3 months can be enough time for some people. For other people, even 3 years isn't enough. I think what "short" is really depends on the people.

I don't think the suitability of a marriage is measured by any amount of time. Some people are engaged for years, some are engaged for a fraction of that time. Sometimes when two people meet and fall in love, they'll know very quickly if they're right for each other. 3 months can be enough time for some people. For other people, even 3 years isn't enough. I think what "short" is really depends on the people.

:judge: Amen!

I figured the rumor about a Chanel dress was false because it would take far longer to make. I remember from Kim Kardashian's wedding that Marchesa was one of the brands that can whip up a dress quick. This will either be good or bad...I wasn't a fan of their creation for Nicole Richie.

Yes Nicole's was awful. I have some faith since nearly every time Blake has worn Marchesa she's looked gorgeous.

:clap:

I agree that you can't really judge whether or not a marriage will last by how quickly a couple get engaged, but for me if a man has proposed to most of his girlfriends and he only just got divorced last year then it's an automatic red flag. Maybe I'm just more conservative when it comes to marriage, but I do think there is such a thing as rushing into it and Ryan Reynolds seems like someone who is no stranger to that. Blake is a natural-born homemaker. She's always going on and on about her cupcakes and her nieces and nephews. But Ryan seems desperate to be married. You can't go around thinking everyone you ever love is 'the one' otherwise you're just a fool in love. He better pray that this one lasts because if not he'll be divorced and married to someone else by the time he turns 38.

^yes, but they met a few years ago when they worked together on the green lantern while he was still married to someone else.

i think the green lantern was in production after filming for almost a year until it was released.

so it may be ample time to get to know someone.

the feature on the wedding will not be on the cover of martha stewart living. it will be on the cover of martha stewart living.

I agree that you can't really judge whether or not a marriage will last by how quickly a couple get engaged, but for me if a man has proposed to most of his girlfriends and he only just got divorced last year then it's an automatic red flag. Maybe I'm just more conservative when it comes to marriage, but I do think there is such a thing as rushing into it and Ryan Reynolds seems like someone who is no stranger to that. Blake is a natural-born homemaker. She's always going on and on about her cupcakes and her nieces and nephews. But Ryan seems desperate to be married. You can't go around thinking everyone you ever love is 'the one' otherwise you're just a fool in love. He better pray that this one lasts because if not he'll be divorced and married to someone else by the time he turns 38.

I completely agree. He does seem a little desperate to be married, but then she seems desperate for a family so maybe they'll work. Who knows. But I definitely think there's something a little shaky about all of this. Looking from the outside in anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->