Bob Dylan

Isn't that weird Emil? To love someone for their music which is essentially their words and their thoughts and who they are and then be repulsed by their personality and their words outside of music. I don't know. I suppose that is what puts him at a cut above everyone else. He is magnetic in other ways and he knows how to play us... not that I like being played much! Oh and the analysis of Love And Theft is a piss take of people who read too much into his lyrics politically.

And yes, I agree with you that Joan Baez is awesome awesome. A real inspiration. I think he treated her so badly because she is such a good person. Good people often bring out the sadist in people who have a mean edge.

Anyway I posted this in another thread but I am obsessed with it so will post it here too. It's from Renaldo and Clara.

We need more in this thread people!

^^It totally is and i am sure a lot of people would think we are just two crazy b*tches,because lets be honest he is a musician and his music is all we can demand.But i am intrigued in mind behind the voice and lyrics.When someone is that good you always want,seek more!
And OMG you are so right,he definetly masters at playing us and like you said specially since we dont want to be played.
Oh and yes the way he treated Joan Baez was just shameful,i think he was a bit of a sadist towards all his women!:innocent:
Thanks for posting that performance:woot: ,its just brilliant.
I have goose bumps after i saw it and very little musicians have that affect on me.:D
I love that whole song but this verse really touches me,dont know why?!

"Your daddy he’s an outlaw
And a wanderer by trade
He’ll teach you how to pick and choose
And how to throw the blade.
He oversees his kingdom
So no stranger does intrude
His voice it trembles as he calls out
For another plate of food."

Last edited by a moderator:
ZXX649182.jpg

Credit:Corbis.com!

May 26, 1971-Jerusalem, Israel: American folk singer Bob Dylan (Right) adjusts yarmulke while visiting the Western Wall here, May 24th. Dylan is in Israel on a private visit with his wife.
U1705639.jpg

Credit:Corbis!

Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen perform together during a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame show.
PN016745.jpg

Bob Dylan and Robbie Robertson, guitarist for The Band, perform at Howard Stein's production of The Band at the Academy of Music. Dylan played four songs with The Band, including "Life is a Carnival" and "Just Like A Rolling Stone." He started playing at 12:15 A.M. and finished after about a 25 minute set.
U1726266.jpg

David Crosby and Bob Dylan perform together during the Roy Orbison Tribute Concert.February 26, 1990!
PN016105.jpg

Bob Dylan performs outside the U.S. Capitol building for the inauguration of President Clinton.January 17, 1993!
ZXX103890.jpg

Bob Dylan (b. 1941) the cult American singer and songwriter, best known for his folk protest songs during the 1960's.June 1978!
HU046580.jpg

Corbis.

Bob Dylan at a press conference after his arrival in Stockholm where he is to perform.April 29, 1966!
BE064245.jpg

Bob Dylan sits atop a red ladder while Bobby Neuwirth photographs him from below at photographer Jerry Schatzberg's New York City studio in August 18,1965.
DWF15-919261.jpg
DWF15-919259.jpg

Credit;Corbis!

Portrait of Bob Dylan and Bob Dylan leans against paper backdrop in photographer Jerry Schatzberg's New York studio in 1966.
DWF15-919266.jpg
DWF15-919280.jpg

Corbis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->