Can a reality show make a supermodel??

I watched Make Me a Supermodel when I was in Australia and ANTM is the US, I hate how there's a focus on their drama. There was a 'discussion' when two of the contestants kissed when one had a girlfriend or something. I don't think fashion models really deal with this...

I watched Make Me a Supermodel when I was in Australia and ANTM is the US, I hate how there's a focus on their drama. There was a 'discussion' when two of the contestants kissed when one had a girlfriend or something. I don't think fashion models really deal with this...

Are you talking about the Aussie version of MMAS? If so then yes I thought it was stupid and it pretty much nerfed any chances for both of them to win. Tom (the guy w/ the gf) got screwed over which sucked because he had the most potential. It was worse when Shanina lost to that other guy (forgot his name, go figure). Nothing more than a popularity contest.

Yes I'm bitter over it. :lol:

But it's okay because Shanina is being mentored by Tyson ( :wink: ) and will be off to great things.

Even though we get juiced over high fashion, it is difficult to break into and the pay is low until you break through. I suspect that a lot of these girls are happy being NY and LA commercial and catalog models - you get paid well, you don't have to starve yourself, you are in your home country, you get invited to hot parties and events and in some cases paid to appear, et. al.

You made a great point. I believe the antm contestants are content with their catalog and commercial modeling status. Some are too old or don't have the height or body type for high fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
konster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->