Cat Power

Here is the new Paper magazine.. Chan Marshall, in Rodarte.

source: papermag.com

Attachments

• Paper May.jpeg
    Paper May.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Cat Power inside cover.jpeg
    Cat Power inside cover.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Paper-Cat Power.jpg
    Paper-Cat Power.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 49
chrisandchanzk0.jpg

dirtydeltagg4.jpg

Cat Power and The Dirty Delta Blues Band

Source- Matadorrecords.com

Wow! She's all over the place lately. The last I'd heard she had met Karl Lagerfeld and was going to be singing for the Chanel show. I don't think I would've guessed she would be on the covers of all these magazines (which I'm quite fond of).

Chan won the Shortlist Music Prize! she's been nominated before but never won.... i'm so excited for her!

CAT POWER WINS SHORTLIST MUSIC PRIZE FOR HER ALBUM "THE GREATEST"

June 12, 2007, Los Angeles: The Shortlist Organization today announced Cat Power as the winner of the Sixth Annual Shortlist Music Prize for her album “The Greatest.” Cat Power is the first woman to win the Shortlist Music Prize, and was also a Shortlist finalist in 2003 for her album “You Are Free.” Cat Power was selected as this year’s winner by a panel of nine Listmakers including Franz Ferdinand, Panic at the Disco, Sufjan Stevens and members of Snow Patrol, the Killer and Flaming Lips.

In a statement, Listmaker KT Tunstall said “Cat Power's album quickly got under my skin. She has one of the most beguiling voices around. 'The Greatest' is an immediate classic that will never age.”

“The Greatest” will be featured on the iTunes Store during a weeklong promotion that includes the availablity of a digital exclusive - a track entitled “Up and Gone." Additionally, the Shortlist Organization has made iTunes the official music store of the Shortlist website at www.shortlistofmusic.com .

The Shortlist Music Prize was founded in 2001 to honor the most creative and adventurous albums of the year and shine a spotlight on emerging artists. The five previous winners are Sigur Ros, N*E*R*D, Damien Rice, TV on the Radio and Sufjan Stevens. Previous Listmakers include Beck, Perry Farrell, Trent Reznor, Aimee Mann, Mos Def, Dave Matthews, Pharrell Williams, Tom Waits, Tori Amos, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott and members of U2, the Roots, Linkin Park, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Massive Attack, Dashboard Confessional, Metallica, System of a Down, the Cure, Black Eyed Peas, Chemical Brothers, and Coldplay.

This year’s remaining nine finalists were Band of Horses, Beirut, Bonnie Prince Billy, Cat Power, Girl Talk, Hot Chip, Joanna Newsom, Regina Spektor, Spank Rock and Tom Waits.

Chan won the Shortlist Music Prize! she's been nominated before but never won.... i'm so excited for her!

CAT POWER WINS SHORTLIST MUSIC PRIZE FOR HER ALBUM "THE GREATEST".........was selected as this year’s winner by a panel of nine Listmakers including Franz Ferdinand, Panic at the Disco, Sufjan Stevens and members of Snow Patrol, the Killer and Flaming Lips..............

I didn't know that... :shock::yuk:

but... besides that, it sounds like a great honor :blush:

Chan Marshall for Vanessa Bruno FW03-04 catalogue
photo : Mark Borthwrick
styling : Joanna Thaw
artwork : paf! le chien

{scanned by berlinrocks}

there're 35p., I didn't scan every pages... sorry...

im so over her. my friend is now in the bad and i've met her several times.

^^ wow, the face/makeup is very edie sedgwick.
a 2nd version of Metal Heart?! :woot: oh man i cannot wait.

Alejandro, what's she like? i can't imagine how she would be to interact with.

She looks good on the cover. Can't wait for this to drop.

^^ wow, the face/makeup is very edie sedgwick.
a 2nd version of Metal Heart?! :woot: oh man i cannot wait.

Alejandro, what's she like? i can't imagine how she would be to interact with.

i mean she was quite bland and self centered, if i didnt pay a compliment on her free chanel she'd talk about something else that will take her back to her.

obviously out if it. I remember her breakdown a while ago last time she played in miami. hysterical.

i'm so excited! i didn't even know she had a new album coming out. all her stuff is great but i'm ready for some new material....

the cover is cool, different for her though.

i mean she was quite bland and self centered, if i didnt pay a compliment on her free chanel she'd talk about something else that will take her back to her.

obviously out if it. I remember her breakdown a while ago last time she played in miami. hysterical.

so why did you meet her more than once?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->