Chic on the cheap

I wish here in Russia we have all these stores you've mentioned! Mango opened here two monthes ago and I don't like their quality at all... Also it's expensive! Everithing is expensive... I can not even dream about buying anything for 12$!!! And I'm a fashion editor of a smaaaaaal local magazine :D :D That' so funny...

I think American Apparel basics, Levi's jeans and thrift store finds are great ways to buy classic, mixable pieces that will save you money for fun designer pieces. I am rather sick of the designer denim mentality, Levi's really does wonders and mixes well with most designer.

Besides that, I try to buy designer at sample sales or heavily discounted (which can be difficult, but if you have an eye you can find some great things out there).

How much does Levi's jeans cost? In my city we have one original Levi's stores and mostly they cost more than 100$ for a pair...

Here in Britain we have Primark,which is super cheap. The quality isn't always great,but if you want to play around with a look it's a good bet cos you won't waste too much money. I bought a real nice shirt there last week for £2.50 which is $1.25 I think :smile:

^ £2.50 would be about $4.70. :flower:

I mostly shop at places like H&M, Zara, Vero Moda etc. and try to get designer things on sale so I never really pay a lot for my clothes (not in comparison to what some other people spend on clothes anyway). Here and there I might add some vintage pieces or things my mum handed me down. I like to mix and match things so it's never a complete "cheap" look.
Also, at H&M, they have a line of more high-quality clothes with really nice materials (silk, viscose etc. blends) that is quite reasonably priced and great for long-lasting basics.

Consignment shops are also a good option, there is one close to me and I always find the best stuff. My sister found a 500 dollar Marc Jacobs dress for 50 dollars..really it's all about looking in the right places and sometimes just getting lucky:smile: You have to be willing to have days where you find absolutely nothing!

off saks fifth, century 21, loehmanns, nordstroms rack are good for brand names for less.
otherwise i like to shop at forever 21, h&m, and zara for cheap designer-inspired thrills :]

Consignment shops are also a good option, there is one close to me and I always find the best stuff. My sister found a 500 dollar Marc Jacobs dress for 50 dollars..really it's all about looking in the right places and sometimes just getting lucky:smile: You have to be willing to have days where you find absolutely nothing!

What you said about consignment stores being hit-or-miss is, unfortunately, very true--yesterday I visited a shop and only found one dress that caught my eye. On a side note, they did have a blatantly fake Louis Vuitton bag for sale. :lol:

How much does Levi's jeans cost? In my city we have one original Levi's stores and mostly they cost more than 100$ for a pair...

I suppose the higher-end end line can reach those prices, but I am a fan of the classic skinny/straight legs available at Urban for around $60-$70. I think that's a pretty good bargain for something un-trendy.

I love wearing cheap with premium designers. I love wearing Chloe skirt with super cheap top (10$), for example.
But I don't like cheap shoes. I prefer buy one pair from my fav italian designers, than 10 cheap pairs.

^ Agreed, and I've been buying mostly Italian shoes myself lately ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->