Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2016 Paris

Scotty

Reaction score
bQyh01d.png

nowfashion.com

Collection HERE

I wish I hadn't seen this collection. It was awful, tacky, poorly constructed... There was one dress, it was navy blue and it was badly sewn. You can spot a lot of errors like that in this collection. And it's 'haute couture'. Proportions of the silhouettes are completely off in a bad way, clothes doesn't fit those models.

Some looks were really vulgar, like the lace slip dresses. The rest was like a bad copy of Céline/Proenza Schouler/Gucci/Prada. I didn't know that Dior's design team is so untalented.

They need a new creative director NOW, because this collection is one of the biggest fails I've ever seen. Even Gaytten's first couture collection was better than this haute mess. Even the worst Raf's collections were better than this.

Last edited by a moderator:
WHAT A JOKE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was like a prefall collection but with TERRIBLE fitting. Really ugly clothes! Really, really terrible collection. My gawwwd, who said yes to this??? No coherence at all and there were many cheap ideas.

Could not agree more, I am without words,...... And I was thinking that you could not
go lower than Schiaparelli......

This is bad. No, tragic. Not only this collection but the first day of the Couture Week is the worst nightmare.

However i don't see any Raf's influence here.

I have two issues with this.

Firstly, the collection looked like every other New York fashion week collection from a mid-level designer. I wouldn't like to name names, but the influences and the trends incorporated are apparent.

Secondly, part of this returns to the direction Bill Gaytten took after Galliano was sacked which left me thinking that Raf's tenure wasn't all that successful for the house. A lot of the dresses are fluid in a pre-Simons era and I see a longing for riskier clothes (blatantly exposed nipples, anyone?) that completely disappeared these last three years at Dior.

On a side note, the fit of the clothes was awful. And so were the shoes.

R.I.P. Dior :lol:

Looks like a lot of unused patterns from Raf's time.

I usually sneer at people when they say that a couture collection "doesn't look like Couture", but this... this doesn't look like Couture. It's poorly made, poorly constructed, poorly planned. It was an amalgamation of all the misses Raf made at Dior with a little LV by Ghesquière thrown into the mix. I mean, what was even the point? This collection should've never seen the light of a runway. :ninja:

It seems they tried to pick up where Raf left off. It's a mix of predominantly Raf and a bit of the hot mess of John Galliano. And then at the end, 2 designers (I presume) smiling like they just hit the jackpot. :wacko: So not true. :lol:

I think they should hurry it up with the designer choosing. If not, basically this is going to be Dior for a long amount of time. A year perhaps?

It is a bad collection (for Dior) but i found it more visually appealing than most of Raf's Couture.
It is kind of upsetting to see Dior in another identity crisis in 5 years. It looked like a "pot-pourri" of RTW collections from NYFW. It looked even more cheap than the Raf's spring 2013 Couture which was a nightmare for my eyes.

It's obvious that they want to continue with that "modern" aesthetic but instead of doing a lot of cheap looks, why not just do like 20 looks of beautiful, modern (even basic) re-visit of Dior archives?

THIS IS DIOR! The second biggest Couture house in the world! They could have called someone from Fendi to help them with this.
Couture is about precision and even when the fit is "wrong", it needs to be intentional....

Alber ELBAZ, DIOR NEEDS YOU!!

Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2016

photo credit : nowfashion.com

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 4
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 5

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 2
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 18
See, Bill Gaytten's take on couture wasn't so bad after all.

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 5
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 6
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 10
Don't you think it looks a little bit Proenzaschoulerish too? There are some outfits that could've been done by them two or three years ago.

It is very sad to see the most important fashion house like this. Identity crisis at its worst.

Don't get why CEO's let them show this awful bunch of clothes on a catwalk. It's beyond my understanding. Something more discreet, like 15-20 traditional dresses shown in a presentation à la Givenchy would've been more respectable. This is so wannabe... So sad.

And yes, Alber Elbaz or Olivier ar the only designers that can make Dior happen again. And LVMH should give them total control of the brand! Let's trust designers again!!!!!!! CEO's are ruining fashion and Dior is the best example!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going out on a limb here and say that this could be by Raf- I honestly don't see such a huge difference betwen this and past seasons

Let's trust designers again!!!!!!! CEO's are ruining fashion and Dior is the best example!!

TRUE TRUE TRUE!!...they should learn from Loewe, though honestly, i doubt if there is any designer out there who has the capacity to fill Dior with new codes and a new strong identity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->