Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2016 Paris

I like, in my simple opinion refers to Dior - HC F / W 13.14, more feminine. But those transparent dresses, have seen many times (John Galliano).... :angel:

Christian Dior | HC S/S 2016 | Full Show in HD (Exclusive)

Last edited by a moderator:
Da fuq is with these lenghts and silhouettes? :blink:

It looks like someone did a collection, then took some scissors and cut it all up. It looks very undone and everything seems unfinished.

This clearly is a collection about ideas, not execution.

Whats devastating to me is that they wanted to pay respects to Raf's influence but they ended up with a hodge-podge or poorly constructed clothes!

It hurts! It physically HURTS to see this!!!

Do you even know what Jennifer lawrence has been wearing in the last couple of years???
Wasn't she contractually obligated to wear Dior? Like Natalie Portman, cause they both fronted the campaign or something.

I can't see anybody wearing these, not even the regular customers. On top of the poor craftsmanship, the design is just so amateurish.

A mess. Ugly mess. Some looks made me think of Proenza but, Proenza actually looks more couture than this. Seriously, though the atelier creates a lot of poor construction that worth to question about the quality of the house.

Alos if there are two designers behind this collection, they need to pack their kits and leave. This house, the entire Dior universe, needs to close for like a 6 months and do a grand revamp. Everything is all over the place. Dior Homme is one direction. Beauty and perfume goes the other way. Not to talk about ready to wear and couture and IT bags that even a help of Rihanna couldn't really establish itself as an IT bag. At least all the celebrities Chanel endorse actually makes sense as a whole.

It was silly that the two designers (?) stepped out at the end. What were they thinking - that someone would care? We don't even know who they are.

Wasn't she contractually obligated to wear Dior? Like Natalie Portman, cause they both fronted the campaign or something.

I can't see anybody wearing these, not even the regular customers. On top of the poor craftsmanship, the design is just so amateurish.

Yes. Dior's spokespersons (Jen Lawrence, Marion Cotillard, Portman..), they all have to wear the brand for the big events (awards, film premieres/festivals...) It's definitely part of the contract.

They should have just taken a season out, showing this at rtw would be bad enough but at Couture level...:doh:

i think there are some nice dresses :ninja: obviously its not a good collection but..some pretty things

Just read Suzy's review. Did she forget how to write an article? What a bunch of disjointed and meaningless sentences!

SO IS IT "Good girls go to heaven, and bad girls go to Dior"? Or, as the famous Parisian couture house put it on its latest fragrance, handed out to guests who walked through the gardens of the Musée Rodin and its magnificent sculptures: "Poison, Girl".

Those words appeared on the pewter packaging laced with blood red. It apparently set the tone of the collection; not in colour, but in a rebellious, youthful treatment of the clothes.

Jackets, including the iconic Dior 'Bar', were pulled off the shoulders; while other pieces were (presumably deliberately) ill-fitting. A big satin bow tied sloppily around the ankle above high-heeled shoes, summed up the awkward feeling of this "poison girl" out to destroy.

But what was the real story behind this collection, which was youthful in its mildly aggressive way? (There were plenty of see-through tops revealing pubescent breasts, although they may no longer frighten today's parents.)

In the absence of a creative director, since the abrupt departure of the Belgian Raf Simons, Swiss-born Serge Ruffieux and Lucie Meier led a group of studio hands, who took a quick march through the audience, departing via the fire-exit door.

I kept seeing flashes of Raf in tailored pieces, even when they were set askew. A deep blue dress cut to slurp over one shoulder made a stylish ankle-length dress. But there was not much sense of the romanticism of Monsieur Dior himself - nor of the same spirit in the Galliano years.

The team called its work "couture by nature", a phrase which may have encompassed the embroidered sprigs of Alpine flowers on a mustard coat or as a panel in a white skirt, while Mr Dior's attraction to talismans appeared as tiny creatures on bare skin.

Was it all about "couture's new realism", as the show notes suggested? I saw a vague influence of Vetements, the ready-to-wear collective that has captured a style of easy, gender-loose freedom. Or maybe the clothes were designed to approach that illusion of the "new normal", which would indeed be new for rarefied haute couture.

Suzy Menkes

vogue.co.uk

This is shockingly below par. I've always been taught that couture is essentially fashion engineering without flaw if nothing else. Even deconstruction, when used in couture, is without flaw. Hell, even ugly couture is still flawlessly rendered. But this? This is a lineup of clothing that I would question were it coming from a reasonably established ready to wear brand, let alone a revered couture house.

How sad.

MlleLeK-Prada-2.jpg

mademoisellelek

This collection is Prada 2014. But with Miuccia, it feels natural, cool here it is so try-hard. All those copy and paste necklines...

Poor construction, boring textiles, unapealing color palette, sloppy styling...this collection is a living nightmare. I don't see any Vêtements vibe in it though.... Vêtements is much more exciting :mrgreen:

The shoes are absolutely horrendous, but I don't think the clothes are all that bad. Certainly not worthy of being called "couture" though. This looks like a weak attempt at copying Marni or Prada but without any polish or any of the necessary attitude.

It's a disaster. This is the worst collection I've ever seen. Even Lindsay Lohan's Ungaro is better than this. The fit is unacceptable, the construction is shoddy, the ideas (or lack of) are all rehashed versions of other designers. It's like a graveyard of ideas that were thrown out by Celine, Prada, Gucci, and many many others. Who is this woman? She's frumpy and cheap. Christian Dior? I think not.

Ok, I see a LOT of Prada silhouettes.
The collection was..... Raf Simons 2.0... which should stop.
Why didn't they reference Galliano's work, that would have made the show a billion times better, but I also applaud those two designers for not following the Gucci trend (because if you've followed me throughout the threads, y'all know I despise it).
The crafting just doesn't do it for me, this looks exhausted, I don't understand it and I won't want to.

It isn't so bad, but this is a mix of every designer, I see Prada, Lanvin, Balenciaga, Louis Vuitton.
Now that Raf has gone, can we bring Galliano back?

I also didnt think the clothes are all that bad, it is just a mish mash of ideas, plus some ill constructed clothes, like that white jacket seemed 2 sizes too big but thats about all.
agree that the shoes were ugly though.
But then again, this collection is somewhat in the design spirit of Raf Simons, then say Galliano for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->