Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2024 Paris & New York

A remarkably drab collection with only 1 or 2 DIOR silhouettes (you know the reason why we are here). Otherwise looks like Dolce and Gabbana rejects because they were too boring. One of her worst at Dior. Christian Dior par Carolina Herrera

Looks like MGC is on her way out. The way she gets no budget to show just like John did before he got Terminated. FW 23 Campaign cost 20 euro. This also cost nothing and barely looks like Dior.

Last edited:
I don't even waste time seeing that MGC creates for Dior, but talking about the set, it's better than several recent campaigns!

I don’t think styling or sets can elevate this dead on arrival collection. Yes some might say these clothes are desirable and at least don’t make the women look like clowns. But there needs to be way more range than this. I also find this not very French. It’s Italian sports wear (old school).

I find her work really really annoying.

I have to say to her credit that MGC’s for Dior will stand the test of time for the women who bought them. They are safe, a bit boring but they will age well in a way because there’s some sort of sophistication that I don’t find with Virginie for example.

It’s interesting because while looking at this collection, I felt like there was an effort of seduction, an effort to get closer to the spirit of the feminity portrayed by Mr Dior and something in this collection reminded me of one of Galliano’s last great RTW for Dior: Spring 2008.

And it’s funny to see the comment by @The Ghost of the Castle and that article because that particular Galliano collection was inspired by Marlene Dietrich and films noirs.

There are some very beautiful pieces but I wish she had older models.

I wonder if they will organize a show for this before the resort season. It can a be HIT.

oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

she needs to get more into her galliano bag. her clothes are only interesting when she does. otherwise it's just chic and boring.

Last edited:
Heels are nice, some of the pants are great too, but overall as in all her collections, this boredome and malaise pervades everything. Its giving 1930s Depression Era socialite Lesbian

Her designs could benefit from more tactile or textured fabrics, all these flat solid colors yield such a one-dimensional result in my eye - Just one look at Dries or Erdem and you see how that little bit of extra character in the textiles can make such a big difference in the end result.

Real talk are we gonna discuss MGC's obvious struggle with Lesbianism. I was stunned when I heard she had a daughter, she seems like the type to hate men. Well she hates CD. Like some punk in dull clothing, extremely critical but cannot do any better herself, no improvements, just a desire to wreck sh*t. it makes sense though that she would want to wreck the lilly of the valley dior woman. MGC is not a kept woman, shes a worker. Thats why she dresses these women in aprons like last season.

MGC hates that some femininity wants to be cared for like an english rose, shes the type of woman to hate women who don't 'work' for their money...maybe she wishes a man would care for her and because its' never happened she - like some sort of disney villain - is committed to dressing women in combat boots and whatever nonsense this was.

She's one of those Boomer women with outdated ideals of Femininity. Its not 1972 anymore, Mary Tyler Moore already made it on her own....We already did the golden girls and it was a hit. can we get some newness. Karl would hate MGC with a passion bc of how old her clothes are.

Last edited:
I have to say to her credit that MGC’s for Dior will stand the test of time for the women who bought them. They are safe, a bit boring but they will age well in a way because there’s some sort of sophistication that I don’t find with Virginie for example.

It’s interesting because while looking at this collection, I felt like there was an effort of seduction, an effort to get closer to the spirit of the feminity portrayed by Mr Dior and something in this collection reminded me of one of Galliano’s last great RTW for Dior: Spring 2008.

And it’s funny to see the comment by @The Ghost of the Castle and that article because that particular Galliano collection was inspired by Marlene Dietrich and films noirs.

There are some very beautiful pieces but I wish she had older models.

I wonder if they will organize a show for this before the resort season. It can a be HIT.
I'm with you.
This collection seems to target slightly older women (like myself lol). It is sensual.

They really wanted to make sure they spent the money wisely on the set because, god forbid, that was endless. But, I will have to give a credit to her that the Marlene Dietrich reference came through. I mean, it's not outstanding but at least there is some effort and elements that I can appreciate. @Lola701 was on to something that compared to Virginie's work, MGC clothes do lean on sophisticated sides.

But good for her making the atelier work. 115 looks, everyone has got to be so busy. These collection make me that it would benefit well with a show. Heck, a Métiers d'Art show would be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->