Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2024 Paris & New York

She needs to change the shoes designers. Those shoes are nos and nos.

It’s interesting because while looking at this collection, I felt like there was an effort of seduction, an effort to get closer to the spirit of the feminity portrayed by Mr Dior
This is fun to think about. Because when you think about who Christian Dior was and the parameters she's given to work within, you can start to see what she does make sense. In the end for me the subject matter of what is being presented is kinda boring but I know I could mental gymnastics my way into appreciating it a bit more maybe if I took a rip off the bong lol

One of the most bland and boring collection I've seen in a long time. And basically it doesn't even look French so it doesn't look Dior.
Really appaling and quite depressing too.

I have to say to her credit that MGC’s for Dior will stand the test of time for the women who bought them. They are safe, a bit boring but they will age well in a way because there’s some sort of sophistication that I don’t find with Virginie for example.

It’s interesting because while looking at this collection, I felt like there was an effort of seduction, an effort to get closer to the spirit of the feminity portrayed by Mr Dior and something in this collection reminded me of one of Galliano’s last great RTW for Dior: Spring 2008.

And it’s funny to see the comment by @The Ghost of the Castle and that article because that particular Galliano collection was inspired by Marlene Dietrich and films noirs.

There are some very beautiful pieces but I wish she had older models.

I wonder if they will organize a show for this before the resort season. It can a be HIT.
Hope that Maria Gracia would not be the longest Dior designer.

finally the silhouettes are sharper and elegant.
had it been trimmed down and less all in one colour, and this would’ve been her best offering.
I’m probably biased by saying so: I love the whole aesthetic inspiration and that made me already like the overall of the collection.
there is, unfortunately, a solid boring side too.

The show will be presented in New York at the Brooklyn Museum on 15/04/2024 at 09:00pm EDT:

I came here to ask the same thing.
I don't like to be too hard on her because she makes a shitload of money but is this necessary to put on a fashion show fly all these people out to show these particular clothing and items. there was nothing there but black clothes in a little silver and those big ugly luminous hands on the wall.

I will say this. the show felt like the state of the world today no glamor no happiness black funeral drab death. Sell sell sell I don't think people are interested and purchasing creative type of designers any longer

The show will be presented in New York at the Brooklyn Museum on 15/04/2024 at 09:00pm EDT:

pretty bad, but still not as bad as this:

00040m.jpg
00300m.jpg

00310m.jpg
00550m.jpg

True!

Everyone here likes to accuse the Galliano fanboys and girls of being absolutely blinded by our passion for his work…but no one is more critical of his last few years of Dior than us!
Ture but they were pushing him to make more money and this is what they gathered(suits) would make more money. while this over the top passa viewpoint of the past is not a bad collection it's just too literal. What I'm sure that the Dior women over 50 love it.

This was a collection also shown in New York by John and it was hot! and amazing and sleek and nasty. Even this type of woman is long gone.

old tfs was split on this collection. some said it looked like prada (LOL) but i really liked it. it's a shame pretty much most of his resort and pre-fall collections after this were really bad...

old tfs was split on this collection. some said it looked like prada (LOL) but i really liked it. it's a shame pretty much most of his resort and pre-fall collections after this were really bad...
Prada! she wished, but I really hate when the big brands put on pre fall shows I mean unless you have a really good idea there's no reason for it.

^^I love the 2006 and 2007 commercial era for John. Especially in retrospect.

Spring/Summer 2006 RTW will always be one of my absolute favorite collections that he ever designed. I’ve grown to love Spring/Summer 2007 a lot and I also have grown to love Resort 2007 a lot, as well. The clothes were genuinely pretty and desirable while still having a just enough fashion element to be compelling.

It was ALL black. I think she was trying to evoque a certain NY aesthetic that she has in her head….. you know what I don’t know what she was trying to do.

I mean look the suits at LVMH care more about selling than actually creativity. We all know this and it’s true not just at Dior. It’s why they partner with Koons, Murakami, etc because they are the “artists” that people with too much money but no taste will pay money for. Unfortunately for those of us who fell in love with fashion because it made you dream, it is working for them and they will keep this playbook.

^^I love the 2006 and 2007 commercial era for John. Especially in retrospect.

Spring/Summer 2006 RTW will always be one of my absolute favorite collections that he ever designed. I’ve grown to love Spring/Summer 2007 a lot and I also have grown to love Resort 2007 a lot, as well. The clothes were genuinely pretty and desirable while still having a just enough fashion element to be compelling.
2006 was a great year for his ready-to-wear in particular. rtw fall 2006 was brilliant (minus those giant belt buckles); i know it was a bit divisive but it's the perfect example of how to derive ready-to-wear from the couture. those blood-red leather coats were so desirable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjidiakez
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->