Christian Dior S/S 09 Paris

These colours made the look so tacky and cheap-- and it's the same pallete he went beside for his 60's look he was just doing a few season ago that no one liked then and still doesn't like.

The dresses just look cheap to me, I'm really sad to say that about a Dior show-- I just miss how it used to be, can't we go back? :( Dior has always been a fantasy and imagination show to me, somewhere where all of the little thoughts I get in my head and lovely images of women are manifested in a way-- but really, I'm turned off 100% by this direction John is heading.

I don't want to bring god or any religion into this, but let's all pray.

This is very hit and miss.

And completly irrelevent...John looks awful

I'm not very surprised by this collection, the love and beauty and essence of Dior is missing. *tear* :(

I'm not very surprised by this collection, the love and beauty and essence of Dior is missing. *tear* :(
frankly speaking....Identity and Definition of Dior is not fixed
galliano has been portraying it as a sophiscation with a touch of humour before 2000 and becoming modern chic in the early 2000 and became the underground parisian whores (which i love) then turned into downtown chics around 2005 and finally 50s and 60s with a little bit tipping into the "frenchkissing-with-dead-grandma"moods

That's the beauty of it, that there isn't fixation, and thus the essence. The problem I'm seeing with this collection is just the refinement idea anymore-- the shows seem toned down and lack a vivacity I miss very dearly. I miss the days of S/S 2004 and F/W 2004 Couture-- I miss the whole feeling of the shows because certain elements are just missing that makes it seem less like a fantasy for me. Maybe I'm a person who has too much fantasticism in mind, but I miss the guady frills a lot anymore. Karl Lagerfeld kind of quenched me this year along with Fendi and a few other designers who I enjoyed the collection of, but it just seems like Dior is shooting more towards just being more toned down and I can't understand it too well. When he did the 60's for three shows in a row, I was just afraid and sad at the same time because much of the looks were hideous to me and never caught on, I don't know where Dior is going but I hope it makes a turn towards looking at inspirations from the past.

I'm not complaining and I don't hate Dior, but I just have certain cravings that aren't being satisfied. :P

frankly speaking....Identity and Definition of Dior is not fixed
galliano has been portraying it as a sophiscation with a touch of humour before 2000 and becoming modern chic in the early 2000 and became the underground parisian whores (which i love) then turned into downtown chics around 2005 and finally 50s and 60s with a little bit tipping into the "frenchkissing-with-dead-grandma"moods

i really hope we move on to someting else before he decides that this is "The Dior" forever!
dior used to be like the daily coffee... it's what one needed to give some energy to the rest of an otherwise bland season!
i used to have a skimmed underground latte, no foam, with a double shot of humorous pre-2000... searing hot! and i mean hot! :brows: :bounce:
i miss it now

:neutral: -_-

I don't LOVE the collection but I do LOVE that it was much better than last season!

i don't really mind how he portrays dior ( in fact i'm not into parisian houses who stick too much to their "legendary" image. like chanel ysl)
but every season after 2006 , galliano seems like getting bored (maybe he is too controlled by the company for wearablity )
and definitely not into the idea of couture-turn-RTW way of selling.....it makes the couture collections look cheap
and it will be great to see him doing a little bit futuristic. In fact Joan D'arc inspired RTW collection was really amazing though very underrated........very simple and minimalist without looking too historical ......that collection well be well graded if it is with the name "Prada" but when dior suddenly jumped into that kind of quirkiness, everyone felt kind of repeled

Last edited by a moderator:
its not that i dont like it .. i do .. its just its nothing new for me .. feel like ive seen it before .. for me a good collection should inspire and wow you this for me jsut doenst do it .. it will be easily forgoten ..

gallianos loosing his touch :( the last few seasons hes gone from being my fav designer to such a disapointments :(

This collection felt lacking. It was all the elements of a great dior collection but without the romance and subversive sex appeal that John Galliano does so well. I know this collection will sell well but h could do so much better. There is something missing.

*Sigh* Remember when Dior used to excite you? :(

Ive thought about that, maybe it's just that we have seen so much in the last few seasons from other designers that in turn make our expectations higher for dior.I really just think it's the show, some of the stuff is nice but as a whole like others have said it's just stale, they used old ( Iin music years) music and paired it with a collection of dresses that all looked the same. I'm really thinking that from here on out Dior is simply going to be a HC label for me because the RTW is way to dissapointing to be bothered with.... and I used to LOVE dior.

I feel like his collections recently, are just not headed in the same direction that fashion is currently heading towards. John is getting a bit outdated. The simplistic beading is great though. very tribal.

Fashion Channel HQ version
please don't re-upload this video or something like this
i will delete this video and upload it again after youtube re-open my first channel (danil19901)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->