Christian Dior Shoes - General

JR1 said:
usually the shows are pretty monogram free, but for the items which will be for sale in the shops - get a slap of monogram on them :doh:
Oh I meant shoe instead of show...:doh:

Dior did show some monogrammed clogs for the S/S 01 (I think) HC, I know it was for an Haute Couture show.

Dior Art Deco Pumps

sorry if theres a thread.... but I love these Dior shoes from the Fall 05 Collection, at first I didnt really like them but they have grown so much on me...what do you all think?

p10864697_ph_hero.jpg
p10864793_ph_hero.jpg

I like 'em ... love the tortoise heel, love the oxford effect ... only issue I have is, hate the C/D charms, and for the money ($785ish as I recall), that fake embossed croc looks pretty bad. Btw, there's an "oxford pumps" thread you might be interested in ... believe these are also pictured there. (Don't see anything Deco about 'em though ...)

Actually, look at the curved lines of the brown one in the front layered section, that's a very deco detail. It took me a while to see why they'd call them deco pumps because at first glance, they really aren't.

^ do you think he would have thought before - im going to design a shoe in the style of deco, or after he just saw there was a reference to deco?

JR1 said:
^ do you think he would have thought before - im going to design a shoe in the style of deco, or after he just saw there was a reference to deco?
Galliano probably meant them to be Deco themed. Because that part of the show was inspired by The Aviator which took place during the Art Deco era. Galliano does everything very subtley, Im sure he researched what was defined as Deco and integrated those qualities.

I like the first shoe more, the heel looks better higher than the lower one. I dont like the small C and D they had to put on the end of the laces though.

The first one is VERY Deco, at least the late 1920's part of Deco. A lot of times people (me included) think of the Norman bel Geddes/Raymond Loewy streamline style as Deco, but it really started in 1925.

Spike413 said:
Actually, look at the curved lines of the brown one in the front layered section, that's a very deco detail. It took me a while to see why they'd call them deco pumps because at first glance, they really aren't.

yeah, you're right about those curves ...

Dior sizing

Does anybody know how Dior shoes run? Especially any flats? Thanks

I had the black pointy toe flat with the Dior silver plate across the top in a size 41 and to me it fit like a size 10 to 10.5. I am a size 11 which I would say is a size 42 in Dior. But it could have been the pointy toe.

A new Dior Century like Vivier´s past...

:cry:I miss Vivier a lot, I miss his cham, his style, his fashion...:king:

I want a new Dior century...:heart::heart::heart:

Are these Dior shoes still available?

Does anyone know where I could get these?
And, the price?
Thanks.

5yi33t.jpg

gosh i'm fly, please credit your image or it will be deleted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->