Christian Louboutin to start Beauty Collection for Spring 2013

Chanelcouture09

Some Like It Hot
Reaction score
Christian Louboutin branches out into beauty

Fans of Louboutin's iconic red soled shoes will soon be able to pair their heels with red lips, as Christian Louboutin Beauté is underway.

Shoe designer Christian Louboutin, who is celebrating 20 years in the business, has today announced that he will be launching a cosmetics range next year. The Frenchman is collaborating with Batallure Beauty to create the luxury make-up range.

"20 years ago I started what I thought would be a small adventure, which ended up becoming a company" said Louboutin, whose work is the subject of a retrospective currently on display at the Design Museum in London.

"The beauty adventure is a natural extension for someone like me, who likes to empower women and to be a part of creating beauty seems like the right next step" he added.
Monsieur Louboutin had been approached by several parties interested in launching lipsticks and the like in the past, making him hot property in the cosmetic stakes.

His collaborators are equally as excited about the venture, as the company's chairman and co-founder Robin Burns said: "Wearing a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes completely transforms a woman and Christian will bring that same transformative quality to women through his beauty products."
Identifying the influences behind his artistry as the worlds of culture, showgirls, exotic travels and nature, the cosmetic market is set to see some electrifying additions in 2013. And of course, that signature scarlet colour will lend itself ever so nicely to a nail polish shade or two.
*Telegraph.co.uk

Christian Louboutin Is Launching A Collection Of Beauty Products: Ladies Rejoice!

News has reached Grazia Towers that Christian Louboutin is venturing into the world of beauty! The man behind the red sole is collaborating with Batallure Beauty to launch a line of luxury beauty products, which is set to land globally. Pinch. Us. Now.

This is Monsieur Louboutin’s first foray into the make-up industry so our minds are racing at the thought what the 'Christian Louboutin Beauté' range will offer. Naturallement, it will be outrageously fabulous and we're placing our bets on lashings of Louby-red lippy to be worn by shoe-a-holics like Blake Lively. And might that iconic red sole — the signature of all Louboutin shoes — make an appearance on the packaging? Here's hoping.

'The beauty adventure is a natural extension for someone like me, who likes to empower women and to be a part of creating beauty seems like the right next step,' the King of shoes said of his next *ahem* step. That's right ladies, as well as feeling super-glam in the designer's sexy heels, we can now have a glossy face to match.

'Wearing a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes completely transforms a woman and Christian will bring that same transformative quality to women through his beauty products,' says Robin Burns, Chairman & Co-Founder of Batallure Beauty. Amen to that.

Considering Christian Louboutin set up his brand back in 1991, with his first shop on Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau in Paris, this is one man who knows how to keep us lady folk happy. His shoes have been declared the 'Most Prestigious Women’s Shoes' (WOW) and he was recently named as one of the 'All Time 100 Fashion Icons' by Time Magazine (WOOT). What's more, he's quite the showman — his first job was as an intern at famous music hall Folies Bergere — so we can guarantee that his latest venture will be as jaw-dropping and dramatic as we've come to expect.

In fact, it was only last week that Grazia Daily was surrounded by carousels of red-shoes at the launch of the Christian Louboutin Exhibition. He was cosied up to one of his dearest friends, Dita Von Teese, making us wonder whether the burlesque showgirl might be signed up as the face of the forth-coming beauty range? Consider us on the edge of our seats...
*Graziadaily.co.uk

i feel like i'm more curious about what the packaging will look like than the actual makeup :P

I'm not immediately sold on the idea of this, because a shoe designer making products for my face just makes me imagine soles with all the dirt of the street on them, coming into contact with my lips or eyes. Not a logical connection, but that's what it conjures up for me.

I think this will be over the top and flamboyant, Inspired by show girls and burlesque, I'd imagine there to be a campaign fronted by Dita Von Teese... like Chrissy mentioned, I'm only curious about the packaging, I think it'll be very cliché (an array of rouge red lip sticks)... I doubt this will be on par with the likes of Nars.

I would of much preferred him to have released a fragrance first and went from there.

^I agree, a fragrance and maybe some 'special edition' set with a red nail polish and lipstick with a gorgeous packaging would have been nice. Not sure the thought of a whole beauty collection excites me because I can't image what could possibly be different about this. And I'm sure it will be overpriced, too.

^Yes, I totally forgot about that, The pricing, I think it'll be rather exaggerated and I think the only brands who get away with that are the likes of Tom Ford and Chanel for their impeccable packaging and the quality of the products, I'm just really having my doubts over this, I love a Louboutin shoe but the cosmetics really do not excite me, I guess we'll have to see.

Wouldn't it have made much more sense for him to do a collaboration with an established brand? And just come out with his own shade of Christian Louboutin red lipstick, nail polish, maybe some blush and an eyeshadow palette?

I just don't make the connection either between a shoe brand and cosmetics otherwise

Wouldn't it have made much more sense for him to do a collaboration with an established brand? And just come out with his own shade of Christian Louboutin red lipstick, nail polish, maybe some blush and an eyeshadow palette?

I just don't make the connection either between a shoe brand and cosmetics otherwise

I completely agree. It feels like such a big jump..

It's probably going to go big on the color red.. but so many other brands like Chanel are doing red so good, how will this measure up next to them? And quality wise..

Like Tom Ford with Estee Lauder, who has continued his collaboration with Estee Lauder who produce his beauty collection, but I entirely agree with you, it seems such a huge leap, but he has grown from Womens shoes to Womens Bags to Mens Shoes and Accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
violette28
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->