Comptoir des Cotonniers

Yanka

Reaction score
I know people rave about Comptoir des Cotonniers in French style thread but there isn't a shop around me. I find loads of it on ebay but majority of people refuse to ship outside France.
The stuff looks cute on the website, but I don't know, is it expensive? And how is the quality? Anyone familiar at all?

Comptoir des cotonniers is definitely one of the most popular brands in France. I think you can also find some stores in big european cities.
The quality is usually good and it's not too expensive (although it used to be cheaper when they were not as successful). Their jackets and sweaters are great!
The only problem here is that everyone owns at least one item from Comptoir so when you buy something it's very likely that you're gonna see it on someone else.
Hope that helps! :flower:

Comptoir des cotonniers is definitely one of the most popular brands in France. I think you can also find some stores in big european cities.
The quality is usually good and it's not too expensive (although it used to be cheaper when they were not as successful). Their jackets and sweaters are great!
The only problem here is that everyone owns at least one item from Comptoir so when you buy something it's very likely that you're gonna see it on someone else.
Hope that helps! :flower:

thanks for the info! I don't care, cause I don't live in France and no one I know has ever heard about comtoir. So is it more like Zara price-wise or Agnes B or more expensive?

thanks for the info! I don't care, cause I don't live in France and no one I know has ever heard about comtoir. So is it more like Zara price-wise or Agnes B or more expensive?

more like agnes B ! I think it's kind of expensive but it's really good quality !

I don't think it's like Zara, as far as prices. I just bought a coat from there...the CUTEST mod inspired canvas coat, and it was 195 euros...which is about 260 USD.

I saw a pair of cute leather sneakers there that I'd like to get and those were 100 euros (which is about 130 USD). And a funky pair of stovepipe jeans there in the deepest indigo were 110 euros, which is about 130).

:innocent:

they have some great looks on their website..
these are my favourites..

2002336365990699000_rs.jpg
2002309572531550390_rs.jpg

2002374075231152324_rs.jpg
2002359562502552686_rs.jpg

You can get a lot of stuff on La Redoute, probably their diffusion line, but still worth a look...

There're some beautiful looks in their new collection, my favourites :

pics from comptoirdescotonniers.com

Unfortunately, for me it's very expensive.

For example the grey sweater in the first pic cost 125 euros, the black boots, 235 euros...
The tops cost around 80/90 euros, so it's definitely not zara prices.

i visited the store in london and tried on some things which simply didn't fit well...
a friend tried on some other things which didn't fit her well either...

so i don't think this is all it's cracked up to be...
it looks better on the hangers than it does on a body...
unfortunately...

:ermm:

^hmm thats a shame softie...good thing to know though..
thanks for the review..

i visited the store in london and tried on some things which simply didn't fit well...
a friend tried on some other things which didn't fit her well either...

so i don't think this is all it's cracked up to be...
it looks better on the hangers than it does on a body...
unfortunately...

:ermm:

Actually, `i found it to be the same - it just doesn't feel right, the sleeves are too short, the back is too narrow, etc... `I think maybe it's made more for the lithe french frames.

been walking into the shop since my teenage years and always disappointed.. just walked past it yesterday and thought to myself: what is so great about this brand? nothing really. i tried to get tempted to walk in but even the windows bored me :unsure:

I bought this coat a few weeks ago from CDC and I'm lovin it because it's classic yet with that little trendy, "now" twist and I guess that's why it's such a success in France.

I mean most French women don't like "show off" so it's a good place for trendy basics.

It was actually my first buy in a long time in this brand because it's so expensive and yet so popular that you often find yourself surrounded by your fashion clones especially in some of Paris areas!

Attachments

• Nouvelle image2.jpg
    Nouvelle image2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannah Ursula
Back