Costume Design

ParadEyes

Spring of Córdoba
Reaction score
i am a senior fashion student who is very interested in illustrating customs and historical fashions.
i was wondering if i can get a feedback from someone who has a background or an experience in the field of Custom design ? :flower: i'll be very thankful

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not knowlegeable about this stuff so I can't be of any help, here. But, I'm interested in what you mean by "custom" design. The only thing that comes to mind is couture .... but I suspect that you mean something else ....

maybe designing for individual clients?
persons, a smaller group of people, etc.

bridal shops and tailors work this same way
and you may get some ideas from reading about how Illustrators/graphic designers work
because they also change from client to client

Where I work we do custom designs
and customers will say for example, they will want to use a font we have in our logo to be used in their shirts or to move textile print designs around on clothing, to change colours or add new images to the design, etc.
I don't do all of the work, but from what I see it's all up to our designers
but I know this isn't the case for illustrators --Some of them will be in constant contact with the client, say after a certain amount of time they will have another conversation

You might get some ideas in this other thread:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f90/freelance-fashion-designers-there-such-thing-73873.html

OH ... I bet you are right, Ms. Jackson ... that makes perfect sense, now.

And thanks, gius .... you might be right, too ... thanks for your insight and the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigsadrn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->