Handbag Design

I scanned some faux croc leather and some of that fabric.. and added the texture-y look thorugh photoshop

So you are able to scan the fabric itself? Thats really cool. I can't wait to learn how to scan fabric to the computer and use texture. I can't wait to see how this all works with the computer programs. It looks so computerize. Did you draw the bag or did you do it from photoshop and illustrator?

What kinds of things can be drawn using photoshop and illustrator?

Last edited by a moderator:
you dont necessarily need a scanner, but it gives you more freedom to scan fabric you may have and experiment before cutting into it. muslin is a good starter fabric. it will show you fabric grain, bias stretch, and all that good stuff that most fabric has. i personally have a great affinity to it because it has that vintage quality to it to and it can be dyed. a good, really cheap scanner, that i bought for my boyfriend, is a canon. i dont remember exactly what style, i got it off compusa.com and it was less than $50 bucks. i know what its like to be on a budget!!! believe me, im a student too and cant afford to hold a fulltime job and go to school fulltime...so right now im barely making it with a part time one. all the luck in the world to you with all of this. let me know if you have any more questions and keep us updated! :woot:

Well an update is that I got my sewing machine today!! YAYYY And I got one of my books for crocheting.
Me and my grandmother is going to try to put it together tomorrow.
I will be calling this fabric store and I will be pricing yarn and, fabric and the crochet hook. I guess everything is working itself out slowly but for surely. This is really cool. I am starting to feel like a beginner almost designer LOL.

Can I draw things like fashion figures, clothing, and handbags on illustrator and photoshop? If so, how?

thanks for the support everyone

I saw a scanner on compusa.com and its under 50 dollars, is the dpi and high resolution the same thing, because as far as high resolution it says its 1200x4800 is that good?

About the scanners, that scanner is not in any of the stores in the city. Also, all the other scanners that can be delivered and are cheap are sold out. What should I do? Should I just wait until they restock, if they restock?

jun3machina said:
.........looks better when its on, i'll try to take one of those too.:innocent:
The YSL type jacket is just amazing. It must have taken you a while to sew and make the pattern...but you are very talented...You definately have a gift for designing clothes.:flower:

I dont mean to be asking so many questions, but can people create logos using illustrator or/and photoshop? I am more sure the answer is yes, I just want to be sure, so I wont have to get another program for logos?

thanks

I'm going to move this thread to the Careers and Education section.

Since it has to do with the learning and how to end of handbags...

:wink:

Help!! I got my sewing machine a few days ago, and my mothers boyfriend helped me hook it up, so now I know what to do. The only problem is when I try to sew the first time it was working, okay it worked a few times, then after that the thread from the top popped so I had to rethread it. It did that a few times. Now all of a sudden when I sew it starts to get caught, and its like something is stuck there and it stops sewing. This isn't a cheap sewing machine, so I don't know what its acting like that. Can someone give me any possible problems. Other people who we asked they that maybe there is something wrong with the bobbin when it gets stuck like that, but I am not too sure.
Please someone help

Ok everything is fixed. No need to respond lol.

thanks anyway :D

i am very happy after read this thread, knowing someone is just like me.
i am 18, from Hong Kong, and go to NYC for studying this year. My goal go to FIT for fashion design, coz i cant afford Praff or Parson. I always love fashion.
I applied to Fit but I failed. Because i think i dont hv my TOEFL result and my sewing skill is weak. I am going to community college right now. After I took some art courses in there, I find my interest and talent in art. I really want to hv a Fine Art degree but i think after i graduate I dont have much job that i choose which relative to my studying, and I have to earn my money for living. So I want to be a designer and part-time artist. I planned to be hv a graphic design degree but i do hv much interest in graphic design. I think it is not creative as painting or drawing.
Now, I am planing to get a Fine Art associate degree first and then applied FIT for accessories design. I think apply for accessories design in FIT is less competitive than apply fashion design. Also, i really like handbags and i always spend my money on handbags that clothes (althought i am a boy:blink:). If I failled again, I will go to get a Fine Art or graphic design degree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->