Costume Institute Benefit 'Dangerous Liaisons' NYC

:huh: im really not feeling ANY of these outfits.......
i mean come on......they could have done better.

no powdered wig for pharrel? :cry: :sick:

scarlett , i do like her i suppose but why on earth does she look exactly the same to every event......same type dress same hair :wacko:

ALT :rofl:

marc is getting fat.

not impressed- sorry.

its a premiere for me.. but
:ninja: i liked jlo she looks like a woman, a bit Frida Khalo styled.

i think Mrs Wintour looks horribly wrong in the Dior thing

some more photos that i almost like

042804_10.jpg

Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture (at least she kept the volume)
i like the fabric in this dress

042804_15.jpg

Linda in Gaultier

042804_17.jpg

Naomi Watts in Marc Jacobs

it's funny how this event has resulted in so many differing opinions...i mean, i don't think we could as a group decide a standout because we've all chosen different people.

Originally posted by softgrey+Apr 27th, 2004 - 4:39 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Apr 27th, 2004 - 4:39 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-scandinavianchic@Apr 27th, 2004 - 4:32 am
oh, I like claire danes outfit!
zac posen ...methinks...if so...it's my fave piece of his so far... :flower:[/b][/quote]
Yay!
It IS McQueen Fall '04
00140f.jpg

Sophie Dahl looked amazing...and i dont even like her normally :wink:
Love the dress Vera Wang wore.
Jennifer lopez looks awful. Her mouth looks so huge ! And
i hate the " im jenny frm the bronx" hair :wacko:
Charlize is one of the few tht can get away with a dress like tht :flower:
Natalia Vodianova..well..i'll jus continue to drewl ( despite me being girl!!)
Pharell frm N.E.R.D, i :heart: U
Isabeli Fontanahas the most amazing smile to go with her dress.
André Leon Talley aka Tent man,well all i gotta say,u seem to
have a lot to hide!
I want Melania Knauss dress,love it.I'm not a fan of " im so sexy"
kinda beauty,but there's something i like abt her...

Thanks for the pics :flower:

I love sophie dahl's alberta ferretti dress :blush:
I also really like mandy moore's choice (proenza schouler) & naomi watts (marc jacobs)
my favourite is claire danes mcqueen dress :woot: brilliant choice :flower:

sophie dahl's dress on the runway :heart:

Attachments

• AlbertaFerretti04fw00460g.jpg
    AlbertaFerretti04fw00460g.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 8
wintour looks so winterly!!She looks odd. Jlo is back to her forced look yet she had realy had a good turn of recent
Anne Heche grows on you though she almost looked like Gwyneth the rest made good choices though Angie seems to enjoy repeating her outfits!

guys, a topic about the Costume Gala already exists in
Star Style forum

Originally posted by blumarine@Apr 27th, 2004 - 11:53 pm
ALT reminds me of the Cardinal from the movie "The Affair of the necklace"
05.jpg
thats my joke for the week!!I alwways found ALT pretentiously stylish!Ie he pretends to be very fashionably advanced! :unsure:

Originally posted by Acid@Apr 28th, 2004 - 2:47 pm
guys, a topic about the Costume Gala already exists in
Star Style forum

topics merged

next time please do post link acid :P

to whoever say there's too much random people in there, i agree, what does ashanti has to do there?! :angry:
she's so vulgar and it pisses me off that her agent or whoever is behind her is trying to make her look fashionable taking her to galas, fashion shows, etc......it wouldnt surprise me to see her in the cover of Vogue any of these days :yuk: .

Originally posted by MulletProof@Apr 28th, 2004 - 12:45 pm
to whoever say there's too much random people in there, i agree, what does ashanti has to do there?! :angry:
she's so vulgar and it pisses me off that her agent or whoever is behind her is trying to make her look fashionable taking her to galas, fashion shows, etc......it wouldnt surprise me to see her in the cover of Vogue any of these days :yuk: .
you must remember that invitations to these events are not only based on celebrity...if you (or your record company, etc.) donate a lot of money to the museum you are almost guaranteed access to these events...it's one of the main ways they raise funds...anna wintour is smart to have popular celebrities like ashanti there because it means that the event gets publicity in more than JUST fashion magazines.

celebrity has long since replaced society in this country....

Originally posted by mikeijames@Apr 28th, 2004 - 12:52 pm

in most countries :cry:

Originally posted by mikeijames@Apr 28th, 2004 - 1:52 pm
you must remember that invitations to these events are not only based on celebrity...if you (or your record company, etc.) donate a lot of money to the museum you are almost guaranteed access to these events...it's one of the main ways they raise funds...anna wintour is smart to have popular celebrities like ashanti there because it means that the event gets publicity in more than JUST fashion magazines.

well...you might be right, but to me, the event (apart from donations) is about people with style... :unsure: , i want to think it's that way otherwise, i'd close my eyes next year Anna Nicole Smith steps into that place cause she's a celebrity and has enough money to donate.

I liked Carien roterfield :heart: , Ahn Doung, Lady Amanda Harlech and Scarllet Johansen

Overall, I didn't really like what people wore. I did think that Gemma Ward and Ahn Duong were both elegant. Here are my views on some of the other attendees:

Anna Wintour-I would have loved it if the jacket didn't have that silly pouf at the bottom

JLO-her lipstick was two bright and that fur stole with the tails was horrid :sick: :yuk:

Anne Heche was scary :blink:

Scarlett Johanssen-this is the third absolutely horrid dress I have seen her in recently. She needs a better stylist. The color did not flatter her and it fit wrong. In one photo she looks pregnant.

Charlize's dress was beautiful-I hated the fur stole. It was too much.

I honestly don't think pale blondes should wear gold dresses. It usually doesn't work. (note to Renee :innocent: )

Eva Mendes' dress was pretty but I hated the fur wrap. It didn't go with the dress at all.

Natalie Portman-her dress looked cheap compared to most of the others.

Carine Roitfeld-why does she always look like either an alcoholic or heroin addict?? :yuk:

Stella McCartney- dress was OK. Her hair looked like she had slept on it though.

N.E.R.D.-those guys should have stayed home. They didn't even make an effort. :blink:

ALT- what can I say.. he's ALT :lol:

Originally posted by blumarine+Apr 28th, 2004 - 4:34 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blumarine @ Apr 28th, 2004 - 4:34 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by softgrey@Apr 27th, 2004 - 4:39 am
<!--QuoteBegin-scandinavianchic
@Apr 27th, 2004 - 4:32 am
oh, I like claire danes outfit!

zac posen ...methinks...if so...it's my fave piece of his so far... :flower:
Yay!
It IS McQueen Fall '04
00140f.jpg
[/b][/quote]
:lol: ...knew it was too good to be zac posen... :P

Originally posted by maarit@Apr 27th, 2004 - 5:21 am
Daria Werbowy and Erin Wasson, both in Valentino couture.

25f.jpg

Carolyn Murphy, in Gucci, with Harry Winston jewelry; Karen Elson, in Alexander McQueen; and Gemma Ward, in Rochas.

15f.jpg

Olivier Theykens and Bea Shaffer, in Rochas.

20f.jpg

Paris Vogue's Carine Roitfeld, in Helmut Lang.

41f.jpg
These were some of my favorite looks of the evening. Karen Elson and Carolyn Murphy :heart: :heart: :heart: They both look amazing. Carine always looks cool, IMO. Daria and Erin both look great. Don't know who's with Olivier....never noticed it before, but he's kinda cute!

People who looked good:

1. Natalie Portman in Stella McCartney - Gorgeous and unexpected.

2. Karolina Kurkova - Her black gown outshines Charlize Theron's.

3. Plum Sykes in Alexander McQueen - Regal and unexpected.

4. Stella McCartney - She needs to put more beautiful & practical stuff like this on the runway.

Honorable mention: Mandy Moore.

The Costume Institute Gala has become a contest for celebs/socialites/models to wear the most elaborate/couture gowns they can find. It's painful to see how nearly all of them fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evelynnnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->