Customisations

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the picture from an etsy member's account?
their name would have to be added too.

thank you^ post fixed.

do you still have a link to the page that has the picture?
maybe we can track down who posted it and then ask them how they did it :shifty:

haha no, it's okay. i actually found a really good one! i'll post it on here.

2959636377_76ce2c0661.jpg

2960481310_28e52d0c67.jpg

2960485454_c75e4c788e.jpg

2960489702_ea123716e0.jpg

2960493678_eb268474da.jpg

2961437635_c79b9260c6.jpg

childhoodflames.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
& the last photo...sorry about that.
2961437635_c79b9260c6-1.jpg

childhoodflames.blogspot.com

thanks eveyone!

i used silk screening fabric paint. silk screening paints are thicker so i thought it would stick to the wool better.

the process took a long time since i used clear tape as a guide line and had to wait for the paint to dry each time i want to paint on a different plain, the sleeves took the longest.
like gius said, it was like a coat-dress, quite flared. it has a fantastic fit though.

Wow! I'm so inspired to raid my closet and customize some of my old stuff.

Should I change this dress??

I bought this vintage dress despite having one very similar..

It has a sheer section at the front with a few gems, most of which are falling off. As this is framed by heavy silver beading I thought perhaps I could cut this section out - to set it apart from the other dress which is also black beaded and high necked... and make it a little sexier :blush:

I mocked it up a little on photoshop to show what I mean but my phone camera is useless so perhaps imaginations are better! :doh:

Am I having a mad moment? Maybe I have been thinking about it too long but I'd like to get some opinions before I just go ahead...

Thanks for posting STYLEOClDE :flower: I'll have to pop into primark and find a cheap t shirt to practise this on ^_^

First time customizer here!

I have these pair of jeans, well I say jeans they are not deniem more of an elastic material, which I ripped quite a while ago. They're quite faded and a bit worn out. I was just wondering what I could do with them, I have nothing to lose because they were going in the bin so any suggestions?

6yku9j.jpg

b8qyiv.jpg

90zgxc.jpg

(Excuse that they are not ironed :lol:)

I was thinking of maybe the shredding look that I have seen in here, so I'm just after a bit of advice for what you guys think is best :flower:

so she must be cutting each thread and then pulling it out?
she has to finish the edges so that they don't unravel i think..
there are no instructions?

i think educo made a sweater like this.

here is her DIY shredding tshirts instructions. i just posted the pics.
childhoodflames.blogspot.com/2008/10/do-it-yourself-shredded-tee.html

^ wow gives it a whole new fresh look! Great job loonaka!

Australienne, I say go for it.. I had no idea it was only photoshop til you mentioned, too! haha

Thanks I'm not finishes yet tho..Had to order more studs..haha, and my finger hurts :rofl:

Hmmm... I decided against. As there are 2 layers it'd be too tricky and I think I'd mess it up... plus, maybe a bit better to keep it closed since it is quite a short dress. Loonaka, how did you stud that - with a gun? I'd love to do that to some of my clothes!

I just went back through a ton of pages in this thread and I am so inspired!!! I can't wait to try all the cool customisations :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->