Customisations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to spray a second layer of gold and finally I've got roughly 400 swarowski crytals (in gold, icecrystal and pink) to glue to the bike (If only I can find where I put them!!!)

i wouldve died of excitement if i had a bike like that when i was a kid...i can totally picture myself riding that bike haha pics please!!

hi i dont know if this is the right place to post this, but i recently bought a pair of orange flats from zara, similar to these.
AAAAAgyNj10AAAAAAMtpQA.jpg
kaboodle.com
i really have found nothing to wear with them - color wise - but they're actually nice looking and comfortable. they're 50% of textile it says on the tag. is there a way to dye those shoes black?
(move if the wrong section)

I would just dye them with RIT dye it always works great on anything that I have done. If anyone has better suggestions you should listen to them I have never dyed shoes.

I'm starting college this summer and I want an awesome bag to take around campus. I found this old backpack of my brothers, and I decided I'm going to stud it! Right now it's just like this:
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/fashionfille/4E51EA3A.jpg

I'm going to go to the craft store this week...any suggestions on what type of studs? Should I do gold or silver? or both?! Pyramid or round or flat or what?! And, should I glue them on or should I actually use all the prongs and kill my fingers? I'd love some advice from a studding expert, as I see many of you are! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi i dont know if this is the right place to post this, but i recently bought a pair of orange flats from zara, similar to these.
kaboodle.com
i really have found nothing to wear with them - color wise - but they're actually nice looking and comfortable. they're 50% of textile it says on the tag. is there a way to dye those shoes black?

i once dyed a pair of denim flip flops and i totally ruined them. i thought since they were denim i could use regular clothing dye but the result was awful. i mena the color was great but they were ruined because they werent sewn together but glued and the glue didnt hold the hot water so....dont do it that way :innocent:

I agree don't dye them. Just cover them over with another fabric.
Hunt out the fabric stores in your area and go nuts!!! If you don't have any good quality places near, try Tessuti fabrics online. They have some really beautiful pieces :heart:

the only solution i can think of is that maybe you can use a bleach solution to strip out the bright orange from your shoes.

Try 5 parts of water for every one of bleach and put it in a spray bottle, carefully spray waiting a few seconds from layer to layer to set until desired color. Then you can use a regular shoe polish in black, the ones that come in a bottle with a ready to use sponge on the top, with thin coats over and over until it looks nice. these have some glossy shine since they are made for leather otherwise your shoes would end up looking opaque.
Just never ever submerge them into water or similar:doh:

let us know how it worked out.:flower:

I'm starting college this summer and I want an awesome bag to take around campus. I found this old backpack of my brothers, and I decided I'm going to stud it! Right now it's just like this:

I'm going to go to the craft store this week...any suggestions on what type of studs? Should I do gold or silver? or both?! Pyramid or round or flat or what?! And, should I glue them on or should I actually use all the prongs and kill my fingers? I'd love some advice from a studding expert, as I see many of you are! :blink:

I already did something like this. i did it for my sister like a million years ago. i did a pretty simple butterfly just an outline but didnt use pliers or anything like that and messed up my fingers:cry: since it was a long time ago some studs are missing but you can pretty much see the butterfly.
View attachment 442579

it gave life to a pretty much boring cord backpack. i used golden round top studs because i wanted them to look feminine and gold was best suited for the color of the backpack but that depends on how you want you backpack to look.

I am shredding a t right now but I am going to try and do the whole thing and then reattach the threads to make something rodarte-ish I am still leaving some of the vertical threads intact to hold it together.

hey, me again. so, i went shopping for studs today and can't find them ANYWHERE! if any of you have bought studs before, where did you get them? what online sites sell them in bulk for a good price? i want to start my backpack, it's killing me that i can't find any stupid studs! :angry: HELP PLEASE!

I am shredding a t right now but I am going to try and do the whole thing and then reattach the threads to make something rodarte-ish I am still leaving some of the vertical threads intact to hold it together.

That is a really neat idea. It wold look great if it was done with dyed fabric to give it even more of that Rodarte-ish feel.

i have just spent the past 2hours reading over this entire thread. i must say you are all exceptionally talented and creative. i'm going to ask the most basic question, i found a really great loose thick knitted chunky sweater that i want to 'rodartify'. how would i do this?

thanks so much!

fashionfille, i just bought a BUNCH of studs off ebay. they are super cheap and great

YAY i just ordered 500 studs from spikesandstuds.com!!!!!! hahaha, i went a little crazy. i can't wait to receive them and start studding the world!!!

made from an oversized coat i bought from a street vendor...

I absolutely love your customisations fashfashoff!
You've totally inspired me to do some myself - When I've tried in the past all experimentation has gone out of my head - I'm going to try again definately.
Charity shops here I come :woot::shock:

hi everyone... i'm new here but i wanted to share my recent customization ... i took a pair of faux suede Forever 21 boots and added additional fringe (the fringe on them was like so cheap and thin, it was terrible) and obviously a ton of studs (I got inspiration for the pattern from a Matthew Williamson belt).

bootsmain.jpg

IMG_4864.jpg

The funniest thing about this project is that i wore them once and then sold them on Ebay. I think i just wanted to see if i could make them!

I did a post on customizations of this awesome Isabel Marant boots on my blog, i don't think i'm supposed to link it here but you can see the address in my signature.

i highly advise customizing faux suede boots and shoes though- they are usually really thin fabric so you can easily punch the studs through. plus you dont wreck an expensive pair of shoes!!

hi everyone... i'm new here but i wanted to share my recent customization ... i took a pair of faux suede Forever 21 boots and added additional fringe (the fringe on them was like so cheap and thin, it was terrible) and obviously a ton of studs (I got inspiration for the pattern from a Matthew Williamson belt).

The funniest thing about this project is that i wore them once and then sold them on Ebay. I think i just wanted to see if i could make them!

I did a post on customizations of this awesome Isabel Marant boots on my blog, i don't think i'm supposed to link it here but you can see the address in my signature.

i highly advise customizing faux suede boots and shoes though- they are usually really thin fabric so you can easily punch the studs through. plus you dont wreck an expensive pair of shoes!!

WOW they look gorgeous! i'm so jealous of whoever bought those. i think i've just decided to stud a pair of black slouchy faux- suede boots. the only question i have- is there a way to stifften them up a bit? i can post images if needed. p.s. i love love love love love your blog, holierthannow!

thanks!!! and thanks for lovin' my blog ; ) i should be working on it right now but I'm posting here ... !!

To stiffen up the boots I HIGHLY suggest iron on backing... you can buy it at any fabric store. It's called innerfacing or interfacing... just tell them you are looking for an iron-on stiffening fabric. It's very thin... You won't be able to use it on the whole leg, just as much as you can turn inside out.

Put the iron on low and see how low you can use to get it to adhere, keep increasing the heat... don't start too hot! good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessy1982
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->