David Sims - Photographer

David Sims shot Visionaire #40: David Sims Roses. I would like to look at a copy without spending $175. The Jil Sander, Balenciaga and Dior Homme campaigns that he shot are/were my favorites for each season. Does he have any books of his photography? I looked on amazon and I couldn't find anything except Visionaire #40.

I don't know if this link has been posted before, but it breaks down ad campaigns by brand and photographer. They offer very large scans of the campaigns...

http://jozworld.com/

His Jil Sander work is my favourite of his work, something about them are soft, yet strong at the same time....

SS04 with Elise Crombez

jil-sander_elise-ss2004_004.jpg

jil-sander_elise-ss2004_003.jpg

Now without the filtered sunlight

FW2004

Gemma Ward and Lily Donaldson

jil-sander_fw2004_006.jpg

jil-sander_fw2004_005.jpg

jil-sander_fw2004_gemma-ward_001.jpg

jil-sander_fw2004_gemma-ward_002.jpg

jozworld (above post as well)

David Sims for harper's bazaar in 1993

from herfamedgoodlooks.com

french vogue march 2005
gdn1_.jpg

gdn2.jpg

gdn3.jpg

gdn5.jpg

gdn6.jpg

gdn7.jpg

gdn8.jpg

gdn9.jpg

gdn10.jpg

gdn11.jpg

I :heart: Doutzen's picture
from bijoue lj community

thanks for the pictures peppi... really beautiful :heart:

www.style.com

David Sims has to be close to my favourite contemporary photographer. A softness, a delicateness and also a real joy in movement:heart:

One of the best photos of Kate ever, was featured in W September 2003.

www.style.com

David Sims works exquisitely with Raquel Zimmermann, it's an extremely symbiotic relationship.
Below is a W feature from March 2006, entitled "La Sauvage"

www.style.com

Some more from "La Sauvage" below.

The first one, is my fave out of the whole editorial. An incredible shape is captured.

He took a couple of pics of Meg White for the September 2005 issue of French Vogue. Does anyone happen to have these?

*Curious White Stripes fan

www.style.com

I managed to snatch a couple of snippets of his work from W using one of his favourite muses, Zimmerman.
She looks so cool in these shots. Hopefully I'll be able to find more from the editorial

hello..is there anyway to enlarge the french vogue thumbnails on the attached images? i can't seem to click on them..or maybe you can direct me to the pages..thanks!

1karina1... could you please post the original sources of the pics you posted?

The links you provided are to the models' respective threads which is the same as crediting tFS threads, which does not fit the designated guidelines... furthermore they do not link to the page where the images were originally posted so it was not possible for me to find the original source myself...

please provide the original source so that the pics will not be deleted.. thanks :flower:

I dont like his work for Vogue, it has little to do with what he's capable of.

Coco Rocha for Balenciaga fall winter 2006

source- balenciaga.com
ohh those boots

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->