Designers Switching Houses & Moving to New Brands

I saw Pierpaolo daughter wore Versace to the met. Maybe that’s his next move?

Fashion needs to go to...nowhere ? I don't expect Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Dior, Gucci etc becoming as big as Apple, Google, Alibaba, Microsoft,...

Fashion corporations can never reach the market capitalization of technology corporations and many other sectors. Nor should they ever be.
And what do technology companies have to do with my previous message? Sorry, I don’t get it 🤔

In regards to Ackermann, I always had the impression he loved fame and recognition. If no important brand asked him to work for them when he was actually a thing, who on Earth would want him in 2025? Nobody. Also, he’s pretty much a one trick pony…

PPP… as inoffensive as he was at Valentino, I think there’s no need for more him either.

1. Givenchy, as much as it is dying, still hold prestige and definitely needs someone who understands couture. I really believe Sarah Burton has all the right skills to do the job. Obviously it would be interesting to see her own vision at Givenchy.

2. Kim Jones need to go. The Dior menswear section really becomes ghost town. Boring, uneventful and utterly pointless. I would rather spend money on maison or women’s bags.

3. I still think KJ at Fendi was such a bad move. The studio and Silvia did much better job between KJ appointment. The Fendi accessories are still selling (at least from every time I visit their boutiques) but no one is buying womenswear. Ladies sometimes come grab menswear for hubbies. It is so sad because Fendi use to be quirkily elegant.

A waste of his talent. But nice money and easy work tho. Maybe that’s just more important.

I think it’s just temporary partnership based on his previous movements - he is focused on climate change and sustainability etc. I don’t think they go fashion shows etc.
You're probably right ... though I do think there is room for competition in front of Moncler, and I would love to see a competition to Moncler, but that would need a multi-years commitment from AH and large financial investments from Canada Goose backers.

Lanvin recently wiped all trace of Sialelli's tenure from their social media (they only have the rebrand campaign, interim collections and a highlight on the Future collab) so a new creative director might be coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->