Dior Baudrier...for Guys?

I do think it's kind of hard to decide if whether you can pull it off or not since I don't know you at all. Though, if you really, really like it, I think you should just go for it. Don't care about what other people think :wink: :flower:

well, i still think that the baudrier one is still a little femme for a guy since the shape is so feminine since it's curvy like that, but it is a rather large bag so i don't know... i think some guys could pull it off, like alejandro and maybe you too bri but you never really know until you go into the boutique and try one on for yourself and see how it looks on you! :heart: :flower: the messenger one is a sure thing though :smile:

Originally posted by nuiko@May 31st, 2004 - 7:41 am
well, i still think that the baudrier one is still a little femme for a guy since the shape is so feminine since it's curvy like that, but it is a rather large bag so i don't know... i think some guys could pull it off, like alejandro and maybe you too bri but you never really know until you go into the boutique and try one on for yourself and see how it looks on you! :heart: :flower: the messenger one is a sure thing though :smile:
Well said !

I'd wear it, Im most serious. I don't think I would look camp or femme wearing it, but I wouldn't wear it like a handbag though :ermm:

Actually it didn't look too purse-y on me. I asked the salesgirl if it's unisex or for girls only, and she said that men atually have bought the bag. :shock: I thought it looked very unisex...but then again I'm weird so I guess it didn't do much justice :blush: Who cares how people think, as long as they don't beat me up for wearing this bag :P If I can't find anything better then I think I'll just get the Baudrier. Which color is better tan, black, or dark brown? Thanks a lot! One more thing, will this bag ever look dated ? I don't really want to get something that might be out of fashion years later.

I have a carmel leather one and I'm a guy. I do not dress overly-feminin either. To me it doesn't even look like most woman could pull it off as feminine. A lot of peolpe on this forum are very conservative when it comes to men pulling off "women's" items, which seems a little out of place, so don't worry about what they think. If you like something, and can pull it off (which I am SURE you can), then that is all that matters. I have seen a few other men in New York with the bag, and it looks just as fine on them. Of course I have Marc Jacobs Stella bags, so I might not be the one to ask. Anyway, style is about creating your own identity, if this suits who you are, go for it.

PS. I have the denim messenger in other colors and just for a point of view, when I wear that more people think its a women's bag than when I wear the Baudrier. The denim one looks more like a "purse" to me because it zips, doesnt flap, and is covered in logo.

Oh I'm such a Dior addict...BTW is the older Baudrier smaller than the white one? It seemed so on the website.

Originally posted by pointup@May 31st, 2004 - 9:23 pm
i like the baudrier... i say go for it..
:blush:

i will probably get one one day, when i can afford such things!
it's not exactly cheap ;D

Originally posted by brian+May 31st, 2004 - 10:26 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brian @ May 31st, 2004 - 10:26 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pointup@May 31st, 2004 - 9:23 pm

it's not exactly cheap ;D [/b][/quote]
who cares about eating? having shelter? pish posh... :lol:

Originally posted by pointup+May 31st, 2004 - 9:28 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pointup @ May 31st, 2004 - 9:28 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by brian@May 31st, 2004 - 10:26 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-pointup
@May 31st, 2004 - 9:23 pm

it's not exactly cheap ;D
who cares about eating? having shelter? pish posh... :lol: [/b][/quote]
HAHA, exactly! :woot:

It depends what you wear it with and how you look, really. Though since your not sure, and so am I, better go with a safer choice.

The Baudrier would be great for a guy.. it's large enough to not look femme. Besides, if you like it.. what does it matter?

Go for it!
I don't think its girly .. you can definitively pull it with a nice jacket or coat ...
I'm a guy ...and i want it!

I'm sorry but there's no way a bag of that shape, construction, and details can ever pass for a man's bag. :rolleyes:

Even if you don't mind getting stared at with utter disbelief by passer-bys, it's simply not practical for a young student's needs. Go for a low key, beautifully made, practical messenger bag in a neutral shade - virtually every major label makes them, and you have more choices than you can possibly digest.

Originally posted by Orochian@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 3:00 am
I'm sorry but there's no way a bag of that shape, construction, and details can ever pass for a man's bag. :rolleyes:

Haha but that's exactly why I want this bag...for it's shape, construction, and detail :P

Brian & Foxy-Pooh - I say you can carry this bag off, without looking campy or feminine. Its very big and will fit across the body, i think you should go for the black colour, since its more masculine. If you really love the bag, dont let anyone put you off from buying it. I also think if you dress smart and hip it will work, i can also imagine if it worn with a suit(on a slim, young guy) it will work as well. I say try it, then you will know if its you or not. :wink:

Thanks guys! I'm heading uptown next Friday. If I can't find anything better, then I'll def. get the Baudrier. I've been lusting after this bag for over 4 years, now that it's on sale, I don't want to miss it again. I just hope the style won't become dated. I really want to keep this bag for at least 10 years :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigsadrn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->