Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane (2000-2007)

Alura said:
Nope, menswear as well, and she's great at it. I must say I'm a big fan of Hedi's look he created for Dior Homme. The problem now is how to stay interesting within this concept, it must be hard to keep changing it. The silhouette he presented was refreshing, some sort of grunge luxury. I love his accessory line as well. so much better than the Dior female accessories.
Agree. I'm very excited to see how the A/W 2005 collection by Hedi will look like. Hope it will be a S/S 2005 but a little more edgy like Strip collection.

(OT- Sorry) I haven't the slightest idea of where to post this but according to LVMH.com the NYC boutique is in the market for a new manager.... :wink:

Acid said:
Faust!....pay attention :wink:
He's not around right now, but I'm sure he'll jump all over this topic once he comes back to TFS in a week or so.

AlexN said:
He's not around right now, but I'm sure he'll jump all over this topic once he comes back to TFS in a week or so.
Excuse me but who is Faust?

basilmus said:
Excuse me but who is Faust?
A valuable member of TFS with great knowledge of, and love for, Hedi's and especially Ann Dem's work.

BrothaG said:
I really really really need that eye shirt :heart:
omg i know.. i wouldnt wear much of the fall collection, but the eye shirt is so fudging gorgeous

Nader said:
omg i know.. i wouldnt wear much of the fall collection, but the eye shirt is so fudging gorgeous
Believe this eye shirt is a little overrated. The fall collection is a little too "nice" and soft in my opinion but it has some cool pieces. S/S 2005 is much more me. A little darker and more street grunge.

AlexN said:
A valuable member of TFS with great knowledge of, and love for, Hedi's and especially Ann Dem's work.
Will look forward to eventually meet Faust then. I don't know that much of Ann D.

Eye shirt is overrated. Its not even meant to be a collection piece. Items such as that are mostly designed by the product manager instead of hedi, its probably HIS best work though.. haha
The black/silver one was ok, but not for that pricetag.

i really like the eye t-shirt...i'm sure it's far too overpriced tthough...

i like hedi's slim suits and skinny ties...not really new...but very refreshing...
reminds me of the types of things worn in the 60's and then again in the 80's...
i guess what they say about fashion cycling every 20 years is true...so here we are again...skinny lapels and skinny pants and skinny ties...

i also ADORED the long kilts from last season...so HOT!!!...but of course...no one will wear them...boo!!...
i have to say...i like th edior homme look...but for the most part...it's not very original and you can get that look at a thrift store...so i feel it's a bit ridiculous...

except for the suits of course... B)

raijin said:
Eye shirt is overrated. Its not even meant to be a collection piece. Items such as that are mostly designed by the product manager instead of hedi, its probably HIS best work though.. haha
The black/silver one was ok, but not for that pricetag.
How much does Hedi himself design when a collection is designed?

softgrey said:
i really like the eye t-shirt...i'm sure it's far too overpriced tthough...

i like hedi's slim suits and skinny ties...not really new...but very refreshing...
reminds me of the types of things worn in the 60's and then again in the 80's...
i guess what they say about fashion cycling every 20 years is true...so here we are again...skinny lapels and skinny pants and skinny ties...

i also ADORED the long kilts from last season...so HOT!!!...but of course...no one will wear them...boo!!...
i have to say...i like th edior homme look...but for the most part...it's not very original and you can get that look at a thrift store...so i feel it's a bit ridiculous...

except for the suits of course... B)
Are you a girl wearing Hedi's stuff?

no... i'm just a girl...
but i'm a stylist...so i shop for boys too...

softgrey said:
no... i'm just a girl...
but i'm a stylist...so i shop for boys too...
Where and for which magazines do you work as a stylist?

Those Kilts were not bad, I might wear one once or twice- but I wouldn't pay that price for it. It takes a very particuilar type of person to pull that look off.
Basilmus, you can trust that Softgrey has excellent taste.

Im a complete stickler for quality.
In terms of clothing, I will always buy the best in terms of design and quality without compromise, and if I can't afford it then I save until I can.
This is one of the reasons why im reluctant to buy a new pair of shoes unless its from
prematia,c diem,berlutti, etc.

To answer your question, in recent collections the product manager handles more and more work. The late release sneakers and accesories on eluxury.com should be his doing. Of course the D tee and other items. Anything with a bee on it as well.

raijin said:
Those Kilts were not bad, I might wear one once or twice- but I wouldn't pay that price for it. It takes a very particuilar type of person to pull that look off.
Basilmus, you can trust that Softgrey has excellent taste.

Im a complete stickler for quality.
In terms of clothing, I will always buy the best in terms of design and quality without compromise, and if I can't afford it then I save until I can.
This is one of the reasons why im reluctant to buy a new pair of shoes unless its from
prematia,c diem,berlutti, etc.

To answer your question, in recent collections the product manager handles more and more work. The late release sneakers and accesories on eluxury.com should be his doing. Of course the D tee and other items. Anything with a bee on it as well.
Rajin are you living nearby a DH store? How much are the kilts?

basilmus said:
Where and for which magazines do you work as a stylist?
i'm freelance...it varies...
i'd rather not discuss personal info online... :wink: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->