Dolce & Gabbana F/W 2007.08 Milan

SS 2006 was my favourite but this season is pretty good. (yah, it's growing on me) The only thing I didn't like was the make-up...they made all the girls look so old....

the clothes... better than last season, but definately not their best (or even close)...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's exactly the same as last season : metallic's, dominatrix-themed, flowers, corsets, plastic etc etc.

Even the hair was identical from far away. The set was also very similar. It's a shame they just refreshed last season by putting masks on the girls. As if that would give us the illusion of a 'new' collection !!!

It's been said before...this is just a better version of SS 07. I wish they would have gone in a TOTALLY different direction.

I mean, unlike, say, Frida at Gucci, no matter what theme D&G take on, they will never lose the D&G look. So WHY do a continuation from last season. The more I look at it, the more it just seems like an extra 70 looks to add on to last Spring's collection. However, I'll give it that the eveningwear looks different....the eveningwear reminded me a lot of FW 06 with hints of SS 07.

I don't hate the show...there are many things that I like, but...the show as a whole was a let down.

Pretty disappointing. I was hoping for something different!...not SS 07 all over again. I would have loved for them to take on another time period, like they did with Napoleon (my favorite Dolce & Gabbana show)....I think it'd be really sexy to see D&G take on Queen Elizabeth I or Cleopatra.

Ooohhh....I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Dolce & Gabbana do Elizabeth I! I can see it now...sexy coctail dresses done in slashed leather!

to me it was a poor attempt at high fashion. they seemed so out of their element trying to do things that alexander mcqueen or nicolas ghesquière at balenciaga on even alaïa have done but all the tacky crystals make it look very very cheap.

I dunno, but this hardly seems like a rehash of last season. Yes, both were heavy on metallics and corsets, but other then that I think the mood is completely different.

This is really a return to "vintage" Dolce, the masks, riding crops, corsetted belts on pencil skirts are all straight out of their mid-nineties vocabulary. I liked the sort of restrained mood of the first section, all of the blouses with p*ssy-bows paired with metal belts and pleated pencil skirts, it was almost Secretary-esque in a way, just more obviously dark.

Some of the things just didn't work in any way, a prime example being those two embroidered tulle messes that popped up during the eveningwear. There were other such slip ups, but overall I liked it. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff, chiced-up, hardcore fetish queens.

i have to say that i love this... its soo dolce, and i really don't find it offensively knocking-off S/S. i think they continued on certain elements but its all done to an entirely different effect. that sequined "nude" top on raquel is one of my favorite designer items ever. i will say though that i am not sold on the tulle over the leopard coat, nor that enormous white poof dress from #148.

It's pretty incredible. I never thought I would praise a Dolce show like that. The only misstep I see are the shoes. Pointy toes are played out and cheap looking.

WOW!

this is really great stuff from dolce & gabbana, i'm loving it!
way better than s/s 2007 and really strong, their best collection in many seasons imo.

im really impressed!

I think the clothes have actually a lot more work, the embroideries seems impossible to do...but this is rtw, it's not couture...
They might be thinking that they've done a great collection, but most of the girls looked so uncomfortable that it made me sad...I hope next season they will come different
and also why is like 70 outfits!!!??? it's too damn loooooooooooonnnnnnnng!!!!!!!!
and the make up and the hair looks poor, maybe because they have so many girls to do, that they decide to keep it simple....i think it's a good theory

metal-on-metal said:
The only misstep I see are the shoes. Pointy toes are played out and cheap looking.

Street_a_Licious said:
Oh come ON! Pointy toed stilleto pumps? That's so... yesteryears.

Pointy stilettos are classic and sexy- tehy go with everythign and never go out of style

metal-on-metal said:
The only misstep I see are the shoes. Pointy toes are played out and cheap looking.

LOL, funny, I was just thinking how great those shoes are.

They might have been around for a while and might be "played out", but I think all styles come and go but they're still the best. They're hot, sexy, classic and go with anything.

I don't think that first look Gisele walked down with was very flattering on her. She looked rough.

I enjoyed seeing the detail shots, but not really anything new or interesting here.

I hate the shoes. Lots of the clothes are beautiful but not much thats wearable.

pmegha said:
They must have had Beyonce in mind when they were designing their garments because she is the only one who would wear so much metallic...

haha True, Beyonce is so tacky I hate her ghetto taste, always mixing the leopard with golden and metallic, so over the top..!!

I HATE this collection, the shoes are so ugly, pointed shoes are OUT, ankle boots are IT this season, check Gucci it was amazinggggggggggg!!

Meh. It's better than the spring, but there's just way too much bling. Everything sparkles or shines. Moderation, people! With that said though, there are a few pieces I do really like, and they've managed to make me tolerate animal prints by layering that tulle over it. (I'm also kind of ashamed to admit that I like the red metallics--it looks like they shine both gold and pink.)

Not a fan of the shoes, either. I really dread the day pointy toes come back 'in'. They're so severe and uncomfortable, especially with the heel heights it looks like a lot of these boast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->