Donna Karan S/S 2009 : SS09 Runway Models

maffam

Reaction score
from wwd:

In light of the economic crisis, fashion houses are doing different things to minimize any potential impact.

Donna Karan, for one, took a look at her spring runway photography and decided the images would lend themselves perfectly for her spring ads.

Rather than shoot an entire new campaign, the company has decided to take images from the runway and reinterpret them for a new layout.

“We wanted to get our message across in a creative way but with a consciousness,” Karan said.

The ads will break in February issues of fashion and lifestyle magazines.

wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks quite good, actually, although a bit boring

^my thoughts exactly. they photoshopped sunglasses onto constance, so they may play around with post-production in some of the other ads as well.

It does look good, much better than what RL did with runway shots...

^ Definitely much better than Ralph Lauren :lol:

^^I third that, they actually did something creative considering...

I thought RL did better, considering RL did it without compromising on their style, RL ads fit perfectly with their previous ads

At least for me I think when I saw RL as compared to DK, first though of RL isnt that they are cutting budgets for the campaign because of the recession :flower:

I don't like it, but great to see Constance there :unsure:

oh my...they really cut the budget for ad campaign. what a shame....
btw, who's the model?

Constance Jablonski :smile:

I actually like it, thanks for posting. Much better than RL imo

There is only one word for this.

Depressing.

I can't wait for post-recession fashion.

There is only one word for this.

Depressing.

I can't wait for post-recession fashion.

Amen! haha:lol:

i don't think there's anything special about the campaign. but isn't it weird to still earn millions of dollars and not being able to generate a budget for an ad campaign? come on. if you want to get your message, maybe you should stop producing cocktail dresses? these are not the right times for cocktails, i tell you.:ninja:

^ But cocktail dresses are essentially what matters, not a pretty ad campaign.

Considering the money DK must make annually from the main collection, accessories, the DKNY line, lingerie, home and whatever other licenses they have, you wouldn't think that Donna Karan (the company) would need to tighten their budgets. And considering that the company is owned by LVMH....it's an odd choice to scale back on advertising.

^^ I know......a little strange:unsure:

When I read they were gonna use runway shots I was quite disappointed, but I actually think this looks pretty good.....although I thought it was a killer show, so any shots would probably look good.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->