Engagement Rings / Wedding Bands

i'm sort of on the prowl right now, but i'm not getting an engagement ring (i guess we've sort of been engaged for like a year now) so i'm just looking for a ring to wear. no diamonds or other rocks...i like simple silver or white gold bands. i might have a friend of mine custom make ours...i love her stuff and it's inexpensive, considering.

me too (on the prowl) and i like the band idea. a friend of mine has a diamond band with a plain platinum band- it seems nice. i do like the second one *jj* posted-- a big old cocktail ring rock!

The 2nd one *jj* posted reminds me of the Vera Wang one - I tried it on in real life and it was absolutely GORGEOUS !

I'm not married yet (a bit too young) but i'll tell you what my mom's rings look like... the first one my dad gave her she picked out and it's .5 carat diamond on a thin gold band (it was the 70s). Then on their 15th anniversary she got a 2 carat diamond in the same setting. Finally, for their 25th he gave her a 6 carat flawless ruby on a band with diamonds around it... I'm totally in love with the last one

You should go to www.bluenile.com where you can build your own ring. You can decide on the 4 c's also. I really love the tycoon cut diamond ring. It's just different. I love it. I'm a flashy girl and it starts at 20k. I love love love the idea of a yellow ring. That's what I WANT.

my engagement ring is estate (circa 1920s), and so the main stone is cut the old way (a little shallower and broader, extremely sparkly). primary stone is a 1.25 carat round-cut diamond in a flush, square setting, but set up a teeny bit from the band. on each side, there are two smaller diamonds, both set in stylized hearts sort of, and a deep blue sapphire set in a diamond-shape. openwork in between all of this, and a flowery engraved band. platinum.

wedding band is new and simple, just channel-set diamonds halfway around in platinum.

i picked it all out... would never leave that up to the husband! :D

Yes a woman should always pick her's out because she is the one who wears it

but isn´t it quite romantic when the husband to be has such a gorgeous taste that he picks something the girl really likes?
(like some of the girls here reported)

^ It is ideal for the hubby to be to pick it out... but he must have direction really... what if he picks something you dont really care for? I mean youre gonna wear it forever, ya know...

isn´t it possible to change the ring if you don´t like it? (i talk about the engagement-rock)
i don´t know, i´ve never been engaged actually :wink:

in my opinion the wedding bands must be chosen of both together

it is a romantic thing, yes, but if the guy doesn't have the best taste, or even know where to start... well... i'd rather pick it out. my husband and i went, i picked what i liked, he yayed and nayed. he hates to shop, so really, this was a very loving gesture from me to him as well :P

on the other hand, if your fiance has exquisite tastes similar to your own, or if you just want a solitaire... then i can understand it.

edited to add: regarding the bands, i don't agree unless they are going to match.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my case, Fiance and I once stopped by Robbins Bros, just to browse... I kinda showed him what I liked and what I didnt like... we exchanged ideas... and that was that.
When he chose the ring himself, he got it from a diff jeweler, tho he knew EXACTLY what I would like :blush: . And honestly, just picturing him proposing, I didnt even get a good look at the ring in the first place.... :heart: :cry: :D

my boyfriend wants to buy me a princess cut tiffany co. ring where as I want something flashy, large, yellow diamond, and pave...

i just got engaged in march... and i got a 2ct round in a tiffany setting... i love it!! totally perfect!! :smile: :smile:

yeah, is it possible to exchange an engagement ring if you get a, ahem, gross one?

^ I think it all depends on how open the dialog is with you and your fiance. I have heard of people upgrading rings often, or buying another one. I would tread on that subject lightly. You wouldn't want to upset your beloved.

I like to get a channel setting diamond band. I saw a Bvlgari one and it is so beautiful. The only thing that makes me hesitate is that there are Bvlgari letters on the sides of the ring so I wonder if it is a little tacky/commercial to use such a ring as an engagement ring. what do you think?
I will not get a traditional style ring cuz I know the ladies in our office keep talking/comparing their rings and I HATE that.

jovana said:
this is mine...my boyfriend and i are ordering it this weekend. Its a Stephen Kretchner Tension Setting in platinum. Unfortuntly we are broke college students who can only afford the 3,500$ setting. the real diamond will wait till our first anniversary.

ONLY $3500 :innocent: It's beautiful though.

I love the bands francesca posted.. they're very alternative, I love them I love them! The abacas one is unique.

thanks socalledprep...i loved the abacas one too! a friend of mine is a jewelry designer and i showed her that site for some inspiration...she does similar work with bands. i've always had a sort of "different" idea of an engagement/wedding ring (i really don't like diamonds or rocks in general for that matter..with a few exceptions) and those just really made me swoon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->