F/W 2023.24 & Cruise 2024 Open Discussion Thread

Wasn't there a big drama among woke industry people about destination shows being not good for the environment and then MGC planted trees and now it's back to normal lol

Wasn't there a big drama among woke industry people about destination shows being not good for the environment and then MGC planted trees and now it's back to normal lol
No but there was a controversy because MGC planted real baobabs (an endangered species) in the middle of Paris for a show background (Couture Fall/Winter 2017).

There was a whole drama about shows as a whole up to the point that Dries Van Noten proposed a sh*tty alternative schedule that almost every small/mid-sized brand signed, but was never executed in the end. LVMH did shows sans spectateurs, YSL produced what I call "The Canguilhem Tetralogy", Coperni did a drive-in runway show and everyone else did sh*tty art films, with Dries' being the most torturous. Come September 2021, everyone starts gradually shifting back to tried and trusted format of models walking in single file across location X, Y and Z.

No but there was a controversy because MGC planted real baobabs (an endangered species) in the middle of Paris for a show background (Couture Fall/Winter 2017).
Wasn't it Spring 2020 Ready-to-wear? Honestly, it doesn't make any difference since all of her work is so homogeneous...

First preview of Chanel:

Christian Dior will showcase Cruise 2024 in Mexico:

Saint Laurent is heading to Berlin to showcase their Spring Summer 2024 Menswear collection.

Looks like Balenciaga is getting a few budget cuts:

Berlin was trendy like 2 decades ago…
The ghost of Hedi all over that!
Really I would rather associate Hedi with rock, London and LA, I never saw him as an Ostgut-Berghain type of guy. Even if his photography owes a lot to Tillmans, but yeah I agree most of the Zeitgest of Berlin was before and after 1989.

The Dior show:

I don't know why they're holding the show in the morning (around 7-10am in Mexico). That's the crack of dawn in most of Europe and afternoon working hours in East Asia. Shifting the show to midday would've been much better.

A preview of Christian Dior:

Someone stop the madness. These people dont even speak french.

YSL in Berlin makes sense bc the YSL girl would be up in Berghain working it to the robot music.

Berlin sound interesting if their don't choose techno club, but the most intriguing would be some romantic castel. Alternatively, Cologne due to art collectors and rich people.

Berlin sound interesting if their don't choose techno club, but the most intriguing would be some romantic castel. Alternatively, Cologne due to art collectors and rich people.
the techno sound is not even techno. Its like psychedelic

YSL in Berlin makes sense bc the YSL girl would be up in Berghain working it to the robot music.
The YSL women I have in my memories (and pictures albums) were ordering haute couture for every opera premières or charity balls, then last supper at the Sept (occasionaly Maxim's) then late night dance in the basement of the Sept (in the darkroom too) and a bit later at the Palace. Eventually finishing the night with a breakfast at the Halles. They would have hated to be called "girls" for sure :grinningwsmilingeyes:
EDIT; if Vacarello can make a Berlin version for the YSL boys, I would largely prefer a Weimar ambiance: Kit-Kat Club, the Topp, Hauss Vaterland etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->