Fahrenheit 9/11

CaptainJackSparrow

El Capitán
Reaction score
My experience watching this film was...

I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E!!

last night was probably one of the best cinema experiences of my life...the reaction from the audience alone was unlike any other...honeslty..
I haven't seen a movie that has touched me, provoked me, and left me wanting to make a difference in a long while.

has anyone seen it yet? what did you think?

for those that haven't, PLEASE don't miss the opportunity to catch it at the movies!

i saw it last night as well. how i got in will remain undisclosed, but i agree. i loved this movie! it makes so much sense. also i really enjoyed seeing how the audience reacted too. i've never seen an audience actually clap and stand up and cheer for parts of a movie. i loved it!

I've read so many bad things about this movie and how it distorts facts and takes things out of context, I feel like I won't get anything out of it. Plus, he grates on my last nerve. I don't need him to tell me the facts- I will stick to newspapers, magazines like Newsweek, and cable news.

i've heard so many good things...everyone i know who saw it is raving about this film...i'm going to try and see it this week... everyone's talking about going to see this film...

:P

...i've heard that people were cheering at the screen...i can't wait to see it ...!!!

My parents are hardcore conservative republicans, but I really have never agreed with thier politics. I want to see this movie very badly, but I'm going on vacation so I'll have to wait until I get back. I'll just tell my parents I'm seeing The Notebook or something, they hate Micheal Moore. :P

I felt that Fahrenheit 9/11 was much better than the other two Michael Moore documentaries (though I would probably call them politically motivated films before I call them documentaries) I have seen, Bowling for Columbine and Roger and ME.

In Fahrenheit, his evidence was much more cohesive and the effect of it much more powerful. Obviously the film is one-sided because it is meant to be more persuasive than informative, so one can't exactly take the film as a the ultimate word on information surrounding the events of September 11th and the reasons for the War on Iraq. The ease with which Moore and his film are able to guide the viewer to a state of strong discontent with our government and society is what it should be praised for.

Admittedly, I was already on the side of the view that Moore is pushing in the film and therefore probably reacted more easily. But I was also strongly for gun control and corporate social responsibility before viewing Bowling for Columbine and Roger and Me and they had little effect on me.

Regardless of what you think about the issue at hand or Michael Moore himself, I reccommend seeing the movie. It is simply too hard to explain what you will feel while watching it that you need to find out for yourself.

i've read his latest book but i havent seen any of his documentaries,
i'm looking forward to the film as soon as it becomes available here
and captain's 'review' totally persuaded me.

just the fact that it risked not getting distribution makes it interesting to see.

Originally posted by nycgirl84@Jun 26th, 2004 - 8:38 pm
I've read so many bad things about this movie and how it distorts facts and takes things out of context, I feel like I won't get anything out of it. Plus, he grates on my last nerve. I don't need him to tell me the facts- I will stick to newspapers, magazines like Newsweek, and cable news.
His point is often that these forms of media are total bullsh*t. It's all lies and distorted facts.

I find some people are brainwashed by the media. They think that if it is on CNN then its true. They couldn't be further from the truth. There are many whistle blowers from FoxNews, CNN, NBC, and CBS who have made it public that stations alter news to please the people that are giving them money and tax cuts.

If you all like this documentry, go see the Corporation. :flower:

Since it won the Palm D'Or (and the winners of this award, unlike the Oscars, are often great films), my favorite critic gave it a 4/4 rating and Capt. Jack loved it, I really want to see it. Also, Bowling for Columbine.

All i have to say is this movie is AWESOME! everyone MUST see it... even if you are republican and support bush. It was very informative and persuasive.. adn powerful. I recommend this movie to everyone!

Honestly, I already hate Bush and everything he stands for so I don't see a point in seeing it. I don't really like Moore very much, but I agree with him on how he feels about G.W.

Originally posted by Spike413@Jun 27th, 2004 - 4:31 am
Honestly, I already hate Bush and everything he stands for so I don't see a point in seeing it. I don't really like Moore very much, but I agree with him on how he feels about G.W.
this is what i think the point of seeing it would be,...

the fact that a film like this...(which is politically motivated and risked not even getting released)... could bring in some serious $$$...means that studio heads might be more willing to invest in films of this nature in the future...which means more of them will get made and this promotes freedom of speech...

if you can go to a movie...be entertained ...and support freedom of speech...then...imo...that's a beautiful thing...your $10 can make a big difference,...remember...unity is powerful... and money talks...

even if you don't agree with michael moore's politics... i still think it's a good idea to support films of this nature... :flower: :P

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 27th, 2004 - 9:25 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 27th, 2004 - 9:25 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spike413@Jun 27th, 2004 - 4:31 am

the fact that a film like this...(which is politically motivated and risked not even getting released)... could bring in some serious $$$...means that studio heads might be more willing to invest in films of this nature in the future...which means more of them will get made and this promotes freedom of speech...

if you can go to a movie...be entertained ...and support freedom of speech...then...imo...that's a beautiful thing...your $10 can make a big difference,...remember...unity is powerful... and money talks...

even if you don't agree with michael moore's politics... i still think it's a good idea to support films of this nature... :flower: :P [/b][/quote]
good point..........as usual :innocent:

shucks...spike... :blush: :flower:

that was a very nice compliment...thank you... :heart: :flower:

Originally posted by CelineChic+Jun 27th, 2004 - 2:29 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CelineChic @ Jun 27th, 2004 - 2:29 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nycgirl84@Jun 26th, 2004 - 8:38 pm
His point is often that these forms of media are total bullsh*t. It's all lies and distorted facts.

I find some people are brainwashed by the media. They think that if it is on CNN then its true. They couldn't be further from the truth. There are many whistle blowers from FoxNews, CNN, NBC, and CBS who have made it public that stations alter news to please the people that are giving them money and tax cuts.

If you all like this documentry, go see the Corporation. :flower: [/b][/quote]
And what about the BBC or even the CBC in Canada? I still think there are much better ways to get the facts other than watching Michael Moore films. They're entertaining, but I think people are making the mistake of assuming that everything presented in the film is a fact. It's important to keep an open mind and realize that his work is heavily biased to the left just like certain news stations are biased towards the right. And despite the trucker-like appearance, Michael Moore has accumulated quite a bit of wealth from his work.

Originally posted by Spike413+Jun 28th, 2004 - 4:00 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spike413 @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 4:00 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 27th, 2004 - 9:25 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Spike413
@Jun 27th, 2004 - 4:31 am

even if you don't agree with michael moore's politics... i still think it's a good idea to support films of this nature... :flower: :P
good point..........as usual :innocent: [/b][/quote]
i so agree, great point softie :flower:

Originally posted by banana@Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:40 am
It's important to keep an open mind and realize that his work is heavily biased to the left just like certain news stations are biased towards the right. And despite the trucker-like appearance, Michael Moore has accumulated quite a bit of wealth from his work.
since it's his only source of income...i certainly hope he's making a decent living at it so that he can continue to do it...why would anyone begrudge someone an income?...

and how can you compare the income michael moore is making to the wealth of the oil families profiled...i haven't even seen the film but i'm educated enough to know that oil money is on a level that i cannot even begin to comprehend...we're talking about billions...(BILLIONS AND BILLIONS) ...of dollars....

you really can't compare... :shock:

i agree that it's important to keep an open mind...and since we have so much of the media skewed to the right...it's good to hear from the left...

i've also heard that the corporation is quite a good film...

:flower:

Originally posted by Lena+Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:53 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:53 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Spike413@Jun 28th, 2004 - 4:00 am
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 27th, 2004 - 9:25 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Spike413
@Jun 27th, 2004 - 4:31 am

good point..........as usual :innocent:
i so agree, great point softie :flower: [/b][/quote]
lena... :flower: ...

it's sold out everywhere... :clap:
i think i'll wait till the initial wave dies down and then go... :wink:

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 28th, 2004 - 10:49 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 10:49 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-banana@Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:40 am
It's important to keep an open mind and realize that his work is heavily biased to the left just like certain news stations are biased towards the right. And despite the trucker-like appearance, Michael Moore has accumulated quite a bit of wealth from his work.
since it's his only source of income...i certainly hope he's making a decent living at it so that he can continue to do it...why would anyone begrudge someone an income?...

and how can you compare the income michael moore is making to the wealth of the oil families profiled...i haven't even seen the film but i'm educated enough to know that oil money is on a level that i cannot even begin to comprehend...we're talking about billions...(BILLIONS AND BILLIONS) ...of dollars....

you really can't compare... :shock:

i agree that it's important to keep an open mind...and since we have so much of the media skewed to the right...it's good to hear from the left...

i've also heard that the corporation is quite a good film...

:flower: [/b][/quote]
The corporation was OK. A lot of stuff in the film was just general knowledge that anyone who watched the CBC (or BBC) would know.

I really don't see the point in blaming everything on oil companies if you're living the lifestyle that the oil companies are there to support. From what I've read Michael Moore lives a pretty lucrative lifestyle and so do a lot of his supporters. I'd have a lot more respect for him if he didn't capatalize off of an already existing left-wing population by preaching to the converted with his spiffy MTV style film editing. He doesn't offer any solutions to problems other than to b*tch about the world and purchase more of his media. He reminds me of a left-wing Dr. Phil.

In general I agree with a lot of his views but I think he gets more credit than he deserves. If you want to see a good anti-war documentary the Fog of War is an excellent pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->