Fashion Conspiracy Theories

No it was couture, still made by Yves, and which was never bought by Gucci Group or Kering later, because the haute couture company has always been separated from the RTW and held by Yves alone... not even Pierre had shares. But the archives, and many other rights and assets, were hold by this very same haute couture company.
Gucci Group bought YSL in a hurry and overlooked the due-diligence.
Yes, that I know well. Their RTW started as a separated entity with Didier Grumbach and so and so…
Madison Cox is the owner of the Foundation now I think.

But I’m talking about the pieces Bergé did after Yves retired. It was very small. I don’t know where they sold it, maybe Avenue Marceau. Or maybe they sold them when they opened the Fondation. It was blouses if I remember well…
I was at Tom’s last show but then we discovered later through Loic Prigent’s TV special at the time what happened at the Opening of the fondation. Azzedine was there and it was there that Yves said that he liked the campaigns from Tom but wasn’t a fan of the clothes.

Yes, that I know well. Their RTW started as a separated entity with Didier Grumbach and so and so…
Madison Cox is the owner of the Foundation now I think.

But I’m talking about the pieces Bergé did after Yves retired. It was very small. I don’t know where they sold it, maybe Avenue Marceau. Or maybe they sold them when they opened the Fondation. It was blouses if I remember well…
I was at Tom’s last show but then we discovered later through Loic Prigent’s TV special at the time what happened at the Opening of the fondation. Azzedine was there and it was there that Yves said that he liked the campaigns from Tom but wasn’t a fan of the clothes.
So probably some merch (T-shirts, blouses and scarves) sold at the av. Marceau bookshop, with "LOVE" designs, Moujiks designs and other drawings by Yves... there was indeed a confusion with Gucci goup/Kering and that's when their learnt they only bought RTW and beauty rights, but not the whole set of rights... including major design rights (like the Cassandre one).

I read about this in a book… forgot which one. It was phrased as a deliberate attempt against Tom.

No it was couture, still made by Yves, and which was never bought by Gucci Group or Kering later, because the haute couture company has always been separated from the RTW and held by Yves alone... not even Pierre had shares. But the archives, and many other rights and assets, were hold by this very same haute couture company.
Gucci Group bought YSL in a hurry and overlooked the due-diligence.
Reading this gives birth to another conspiracy theory. I think that Kering bought Valentino, because it has something their other brands don't: A full-scale Haute Couture division. Looking at Kering's brand portfolio:
• Saint Laurent doesn't have the rights to their Haute Couture division and the current owners aren't willing to sell
• Gucci Premiere is more of a red carpet operation than a Couture division
• Balenciaga has a Couture division, but it seems uncommitted and will be absorbed or shuttered after Demna's departure
• Giambattista Valli also has a respectable Couture division, but too small to

Buying Valentino allows them to compete with Arnault's Dior and Wertheimer's Chanel. It would also allow them to strengthen their reputation in the upper luxury sector, since outside of Saint Laurent and Bottega Veneta, Kering is very pop-culture/trend focused.

Just a reminder that YSL was on the path of relevance again thanks to Hedi Slimane and Alber Elbaz, two Yves's protégés, but Tom's arrogance deprieved YSL of two of the greatest and most influential talents of their generations...
That's plenty of legitimate reasons for Pierre and Yves to both hate Tom Ford. I think plenty of people on this forum would be rightly pissed

Hedi’s YSL Homme was the prototype of his superior and influential Dior Homme, so he really wasn’t deprived let alone robbed of anything. And he has proven with his SLP and Celine that he’s always been a strong menswear designer with some stylish women whom just happen to beings customers of also. But when he finally designed for women, he’s shown that he's a stronger stylists and merchandiser than a womenswear designer/CD. And Alber was never on the same level as Hedi and Tom frankly, as he was always a stronger dressmaker than he was a visionary designer— and that’s not a slight on him but the secret of his success: He knew what women wanted to wear without turning them into fashion fantasies/caricatures/victims. But the dream, the vision just wasn’t there. And he’s never made a bid in the menswear arena; the supremacy of Lanvin menswear was all Lucas.

Tom on the other hand— whether his sensibility and aesthetic is one's preference, was as equally strong in his menswear offering as he was in his women’s, not to mention his unrivalled masterclass in branding: His Gucci shows and campaigns are a worthy education alone. That’s a rare talent in designers: Even some of the most revered masters fell short when it comes to menswear. As a personal preference, the ones that excelled equally in menswear as womenswear will always come before the ones that fall short on one or the other-- that's just personal standards of course. And menswear is so much harder to stand out without veering towards the clownish side-- just take Anthony’s SL: He’s finally nailed his womenswear vision for his women [by heavily “borrowing” from everyone from Donna Karan/Norma Kamali/Alaia LOL]. …But then there’s his men’s…

(…Pierre sounds like such a nightmare if he for whatever reason, didn’t like you: Like some elderly version of Regina George writing in his Burn Book to destroy you anyway he can…)

That VS/Epstein documentary a bit ago was BS. I need we need to know more from people closer like Monica Mitro and models like Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima who were there at the height of it all.

Why Bella is working with independent Magazines and not with the big ones?

To be fair, she's been very vocal with her pro-Palestine/anti-Israel stances for years, certainly in 2021 she was involved in controversy because of it. In the meantime, she has scored numerous major covers - 2 American Vogue covers, specifically.

I don't think she's shot a major cover or campaign in over a year now. I'm not saying her political stances aren't impacting her work at all, they could be (though she's a billionaire's daughter, so it's not like she has to hustle) but I am saying she kind of stopped working a year ago, and Israel/Palestine didn't reemerge has a hot-button issue in Western Media until October. The "Poor Bella! Big Bad Jews control the media/fashion landscape and are punishing her for speaking her mind!" is an easy narrative but I'm not so sure the facts add up to that. Gigi has been vocal as well, and she keeps getting handed opportunities.

Seems like she was banned?? Her agency IMG did not post any of her last cover photoshoots from The Perfect Magazine

Seems like she was banned?? Her agency IMG did not post any of her last cover photoshoots from The Perfect Magazine

It's on the homepage of their website. It's not on their insta, but neither are several other recent covers featuring IMG models.

To be fair, she's been very vocal with her pro-Palestine/anti-Israel stances for years, certainly in 2021 she was involved in controversy because of it. In the meantime, she has scored numerous major covers - 2 American Vogue covers, specifically.

I don't think she's shot a major cover or campaign in over a year now. I'm not saying her political stances aren't impacting her work at all, they could be (though she's a billionaire's daughter, so it's not like she has to hustle) but I am saying she kind of stopped working a year ago, and Israel/Palestine didn't reemerge has a hot-button issue in Western Media until October. The "Poor Bella! Big Bad Jews control the media/fashion landscape and are punishing her for speaking her mind!" is an easy narrative but I'm not so sure the facts add up to that. Gigi has been vocal as well, and she keeps getting handed opportunities.

Correct. If I remember correctly, she was sick for quite some time and took time off to take care of her health and she is slowly getting back to work. I don't think it is any deeper than that. Especially, as its already been pointed out, Gigi continues to work steadily. However, again, either of them can afford to step away and not have it really affect much.

Reactions: KoV
If there’s ever a boycott, it won’t probably have an impact on their career as they are working with European brands mostly, in the HF circuit. And the controversy about their support for Palestine was mostly an American Issue.

If there’s ever a boycott, it won’t probably have an impact on their career as they are working with European brands mostly, in the HF circuit. And the controversy about their support for Palestine was mostly an American Issue.

And even if it was an issue for some in the media here, it didn’t stop Bella from scoring two American Vogue covers *post* controversy and fronting campaigns for American brands like Michael Kors. Her views have remained consistent and she’s been outspoken for years, so I don’t know why it would be different now. If anything, her activism is much less of an anomaly (at least in the States) now than it may have been initially.

This isn’t the first time her career has seemingly been put on pause. I suspect it’s health related and/or her mother is behind it somehow.

Conspiracy theories are ridiculous and I always say, it's not a conspiracy theory if it's happening in front of your very eyes. Having said that, gratuitous satanic imagery is so prevalent and in your face in the fashion industry(Lotta Volkova, Sam Smith) that one does in fact have to wonder if they are actual satanists and part of their belief system is to advertise their religion like a Mormon.

Sam Smith - in the fashion industry?? Thats really generous. I only vaguely know what the kids are into and satanism has always been a thing. It used to be goth and emo. Its just like how we went from pants for women being edgy to leggings being normal outerwear.

Anyway Pierre Berge made sure YSLs name would be protected for all-time. He cant be that bad.

Conspiracy theories are ridiculous and I always say, it's not a conspiracy theory if it's happening in front of your very eyes. Having said that, gratuitous satanic imagery is so prevalent and in your face in the fashion industry(Lotta Volkova, Sam Smith) that one does in fact have to wonder if they are actual satanists and part of their belief system is to advertise their religion like a Mormon.
Sam Smith - in the fashion industry?? Thats really generous. I only vaguely know what the kids are into and satanism has always been a thing. It used to be goth and emo. Its just like how we went from pants for women being edgy to leggings being normal outerwear.

Anyway Pierre Berge made sure YSLs name would be protected for all-time. He cant be that bad.
sounds pretty pathetic and loserish if you compare satanism to wearing leggings. Sounds very desperate too. Better go back to praying at your altar sweetie, you are going on ignore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->