Fur and Feather Jackets / Vests

I'm not personally a huge fan of dyed furs but I remember seeing Joan Rivers in the most gorgeous dyed chinchilla jacket a few years ago. It was red. If I find a pic I will post to prove it!

Picked up this vintage Pierre Cardin mink jacket while thrifting
IMG_1782copy.jpg

that was an amazing find! very, VERY, gorgeous.. it looks so soft, and you wear it amazingly well!

I love the pockets and the texture

Jessie77 - that mink is extemely nice, love the style, the way it fits you is perfect and the texture does look very good. Congratulations on your find.

Ps - has anyone noticed how much Neimans, Saks, Macy's and Nordstrom are reducing their furs for this sale? Neimans and Saks especially have taken like 75% off some furs! I bought a couple from them for myself and my sister. I got them from Neimans in Boston and paid for a sheared mink with chinchilla collar $3200 (reduced from $10,500) and a gorgeous mink jacket for my sister paying $1600 reduced from $6000.

Seriously if I were still in the states I would be rushing down to the fur salons, I really can't think of a time when furs were cheaper than now. At the end of Jan / start of Feb the prices are the best you'll find and with the 'credit crunch' even more has been taken off.

Ps - that red chinchilla I mentioned Joan Rivers wearing is here

nyet298_people_joan_rivers.sff.jpg

Not sure who designs (anyone know??) it and the pic is from yahoo.movies site

http://us.ent3.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/ent/ap/20080617/nyet298_people_joan_rivers.sff.jpg

Persoanlly I am not a huge fan of feather I must amdit. It can look very nice but I worry about how to care for the things!

I adore that ^, and I love your coat jessie77us-Great find!

jessie, that mink coat looks awesome on you + loving your shoes.

Jessie... Just another thumbs up for that mink coat... I love it!!!! .... I want it...And can't believe you picked it up in a thrift store... how much for??? I bet a steal!!!! They prob didn't even know what they where selling... I got my sable like that in a charity shop... was worth £1000's and I paid £120!

As for feathers not my thing at all... love soft leather handbags and have a nice bomber style jacket but not really into leather too much... preffer wool, tweed and cashmere for jackets etc... oh and fur!!!

WSG

I'm really craving motorcycle vests right now, like the Rick Owens leather vests. They are just so beautiful and very transitional. I just think with skinny jeans or slouchy jeans, and a contrasting or same colored shirt underneath - awesome. Michelle Obama in that beautiful green RO shirt and vest really got me thinking....

Michelle in RO? Wow, I must have missed that. Any pics?

i love fur vests but i'm still trying to find the perfect one. i think sienna miller in alfie looks amazing wearing fur vests and leather jackets.
set04.jpg

normal_004.jpg

normal_004.jpg

sienne-miller.org

Last edited by a moderator:
Mrs.O - keeping it real.
michelle-obama-eiffel-tower-01.jpg

buzznet

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads