Givenchy S/S 2014 : Asia, Erykah, Maria, Riley & Dominik by Mert and Marcus

Meh...The images are ok so far..not the best, but not the worst either. I need to see more.

So no Mariacarla this season? Is that really the whole cast?

I don't know...this campaign feels like such a gimmick.

I don't understand why they couldn't add a white model and still gotten their point across?

So are they saying that because this collection is African & Japanese inspired that it is only targeted to woman of color?

I really don't get it.

Chill... Gimmicky would be what Philip Plein did and this is not even in the same vein. Riccardo clearly handpicks the girls for his campaign and the process is a lot more organic than most who just want to throw in moc's just so they don't get the heat. Sorry that Joan isn't in this so you could enjoy the casting even more.

I love Erykah & she's so striking so beautiful!
Her poise, her mouth, her features, she's so different, she's the perfect choice to front the campaign of Givenchy's SS14 collection! LOVE HER!!! :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does everyone seems so uncomfortable with this? I don't understand. Riccardo is giving girls like Riley and Maria who he knows have unlimited potential, it's exactly what he did for Joan and many other girls. It may not be the most exciting concept but I think it's fresh to see new faces instead of Mariaclara (whom I love) and Joan.

so when its only white models being used are we suppose to think its targeted to only white women?
I do most of the time, yes!

Having an all black or non-white cast on the runways and in print is just as bad as having an all white cast.

Calvin Klein and Prada were only casting whites for a reason.

I don't see how having a campaign with ONLY women of color is diverse.

Either you want diversity or not.

That is why the call Diversity needs to continue.

You and I both know certain fashion brands only cast White models in Print and Runways because they only want to appeal to that target audience. White!

The images are very nice. The studio shot is quite boring, but the one with the Mercedes is fantastic.

I would have preferred a mixed cast, but that Riley girl is spectacular.

Would love to see more soon.

Erykah Badu's inclusion in this campaign is one of THE fashion moments of the year. That shot of her is so powerful.

Sorry that Joan isn't in this so you could enjoy the casting even more.
Lol!:rofl:
Ok...:lol: I'm actually glad Joan is not part of this campaign.:wink:
And I hope she doesn't pop up.

Eta:I gave my opinion about the campaign. It had nothing to do with Joan. Leave Joan out of it.

^ You clearly missed my point if that was the only thing you quoted. So, nope.

Looking forward to seeing more images of Erykah and can't wait to see Maria's as well.

Erykah look good but the campaing look so boring in the similar style of the last 2 campaing, the collection is so good to shoting but the campaing did no justice, vote fot the change of photographers in Givenchy

That girl in that golden thing should be leading this.

Erykah brings good memories, like that year when the ipod came out, other than that, these pompous and stiff seasonal shots presenting the ensemble of the year in black and white "timelessness" and mystery with detailing that pretends to be gaudí and not gaudy, just.. next.

Erykah Badu in a Givenchy campaign is such a statement. She is gorgeous. But I'm sad to say that in that particular picture, she looks very far from her best. Unfortunate..

Erykah has always photographed like a model remember her in the Tom Ford ad, cant wait to see more

Erykah is one of my favorite artists but she looks like an alien here. Just not flattering imo. Kudos to Givenchy for including a woman of color for the advertisement though!

Yeah Tisci needs to lose M&M. Their campaigns for the house are getting stale.

Having said that seeing Erykah in this campaign blows my mind (haven't really processed the image)...and I'm bloody, bloody thrilled Maria Borges is finally getting her time to shine :heart:.

So even if the images end up being "trite", the girls will no doubt pull through and bring beauty to the proceedings...well, I hope.

Diversity in an exclusive luxury market is always shocking. Givenchy to me is the only ones doing it right. I don't see a gimmick here, the collection was about a culture clash and this casting was the best to convey that message.

The casting is amazing! Maria is one of my favorites this season, I've always loved Ms Badu.

Can't wait to see more images.

OMG at Erykah Badu!! :clap:
and major congrats to Maria!
The shot featuring that gorge gold dress has to be my favorite between the two.

Maria is the only one that I can understand, the rest of the cast were :blink:
I'd rather see Imaan, Joan or Ming :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"