Urban Stylin

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ
Reaction score
Just saw this though it has been out for quite a while now
brownsista.com

Erykah Badu: Face of New Tom Ford Fragrance
February 19, 2008 at 7:14 pm
Tags: Erykah Badu, Fragrance, Tom Ford

Singer Erykah Badu has a lot on her plate these days. The “Honey” diva is not only prepping for the release of her new album this month, but is also set to hit the road on a summer tour as well. Now comes word from Vogue Magazine that the sista has also been handpicked by Tom Ford to be the face of his new, and as yet un-named, fragrance. And though some may think Erykah is selling out for hooking up with corporate fashion bigwigs- I think her diversifying herself and her portfolio is a good thing. If ever a face was meant to be seen in print ads, it is Erykah’s. She has a great sense of style and fashion and that is probably why Tom chose her when he could have so obviously used any celebrity or model he wanted.

So what type of ad will Erykah do for Tom Ford? Only time will tell, but I bet it will be just as controversial as the last Tom Ford ad was-> NSFW

i think it's perfect. she shocks the white middle class as much as Ford's other campaigns do.

besides that, i just think she's gorgeousness in person.

^ I agree.

She's beautiful, so why not?

I hope it's something really dark, with warm lighting to show off her bone structure. Very minimal and sensual.

And I hope to death that Terry Richardson wont be shooting it.

^ I agree.

She's beautiful, so why not?

I hope it's something really dark, with warm lighting to show off her bone structure. Very minimal and sensual.

And I hope to death that Terry Richardson wont be shooting it.

there might be a good chance for that... remember that M&M shot the campaign with Roitfield? i hope he sticks with M&M.

am hoping its something more sleek and polished not candid like, she has a really modelesque face and body check out these pics from a recent ed
pics mediatakeout.com

Attachments

• 1202220374erykahgiant1.jpg
    1202220374erykahgiant1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 1202220374erykahgiant.jpg
    1202220374erykahgiant.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 1202220375erykahgiant2.jpg
    1202220375erykahgiant2.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 9
Ohmigosh this is genius! :buzz: Erykah has an amazing face
I also hope Terry isn't shooting and that Mert and Marcus handle it instead. This has the potential to be epic.

I'm so excited about it!!!!I'm a big erykah fan for years!!!!never thought i'd see her in something so big and commercial!!!:woot:

wow haven't heard of Erikah for a long long long time....
that is great....!!!

knowing Tom Ford, i doubt these ads will be tasteful.

Ah, but if Erykah has a say herself, what will she bring to the mix? It's an unexpected pairing, and I have hopes for something interesting, a twist on the Tom Ford formula.

and all of her video is so stylish. i guess maybe she perfect for tom ford perfume.

062008_06.jpg

The black-and-white ad, shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, features singer Erykah Badu and will break in September in U.S. fashion, beauty and lifestyle magazines. "I wanted to continue with that stylized, glossy image [which the designer started with his Black Orchid fragrance ads in 2006]," said Ford. "And not too many people are doing black-and-white ads right now, which was also a consideration."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->