Glamour France February / March 2019:
Bambi Northwood-Blyth By Amar Daved

COVER STORY
"WELCOME TO MIAMI" (Part 2 of 3)

Photographer: Amar Daved
Stylist: Nora Bordjah
Hair & Make-up: Heather Blaine

Model: Bambi Northwood-Blyth

Credit: Scans By sanja at Bellazon (bellazon.com)

Glamour France February / March 2019:
Bambi Northwood-Blyth By Amar Daved

COVER STORY
"WELCOME TO MIAMI" (Part 3 of 3)

Photographer: Amar Daved
Stylist: Nora Bordjah
Hair & Make-up: Heather Blaine

Model: Bambi Northwood-Blyth

Credit: Scans By sanja at Bellazon (bellazon.com)

I got a copy of the new UK Glamour today - the solo Sophie Turner shot. All three print covers were posted recently in the Cover Rumour thread - Maisie Williams and Sophie solo covers, plus one shared shot.

I'm sure someone will post them in here shortly - but when you see the covers, that's what the entire issue looks like inside - a mess. The contents are quite colourful, but not in any arranged way. The page design is scrapbook-chaotic, which means the impact of anything gets lost amid the twenty different things on the page.

And while there's a selection of adverts, there's no multiple page campaigns from L'Oreal, despite the focus of the issue being on beauty. And the ad page opposite the start of the contents that they can charge a lot of money for? It's a generic in-house ad for UK Vogue. They didn't manage to sell that page.

Anyhow, it costs £2, it's 194 pgs, and the paper stock is the same as before - thick like recycled paper, with cardboard-like covers. I kinda like the texture - not everything has to be high-gloss. The masthead is reflective foil.

There are more actresses and personalities in this issue than there are models - features with Eleanor Tomlinson, Ellie Bamber, Maisie and Sophie, Hailey Bieber and Charli Howard. Something I thought was a fashion editorial was just a short promo for Next, and another two (separate) sections are just beauty shots lifted from the shows.

LOST IN PARADISE (12 pgs) seems to be the only fashion edit, shot by Emre Given, styled by Alexandra Fullerton, with models Khadijha and Malaika Firth. It's set in a jungle.

For £2, I didn't mind buying it, but there isn't a single page that I'd keep from it. It feels like it could be used by kids for craft purposes.

UK Glamour February 2019

Yass Queens

Photographer: Aitken Jolly
Stylist: Michelle Duguid
Hair: Raphael Salley
Makeup: Naoko Scintu
Cast: Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner

UK Glamour Digital Magazine

UK Glamour February 2019

Beyond the Blue

Photographer: Ruo Bing Li
Stylist: Alexandra Fullerton
Hair: Mark Francome Painter
Cast: Charli Howard

UK Glamour February 2019

Portrait Mode

Photographer: David Oldham
Stylist: Michelle Duguid
Hair: Federico Ghezzi
Makeup: Neil Young
Manicure: Cherrie Snow
Cast: Ellie Bamber

UK Glamour February 2019

Lost in Paradise

Photographer: Emre Guven
Stylist: Alexandra Fullerton
Hair: Mark Francome Painter
Cast: Malaika Firth, Khadija Red Thunder

Sad to see that these international editions are still alive while the US edition is now on digital. Sad.

Seems like no one followed the new logo no

US Glamour June 2019 : Mindy Kaling by Nadya Wasylko

Even for the Digital Edition they can't pick a decent cover shot. Shut it down

Zombie Glamour and why have nine squares when she’s only six things?!

Petition to Move This Thread and All Subsequent US Glamour Issues in the Glamour Worldwide Thread

Reason: The thread is always empty. Also, why does a barren thread like this get a thread of its own while there are TONS of Glamour Editions producing quality content and yet they all end up in a general thread? I mean a digital edition gets a thread while the others never get the attention it deserves.

Petition to Move This Thread and All Subsequent US Glamour Issues in the Glamour Worldwide Thread

Reason: The thread is always empty. Also, why does a barren thread like this get a thread of its own while there are TONS of Glamour Editions producing quality content and yet they all end up in a general thread? I mean a digital edition gets a thread while the others never get the attention it deserves.
Signed

Heard loud and clear, an excellent suggestion which should've been done at least two issues ago.

As I stated in last month's Glamour thread, Samantha Barry has single-handedly ran this once great magazine into the ground. And this should be proof to all current fashion publications that digital isn't always the best way forward. #KeepPrintAlive #LongLivePrint

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->