Gucci Eyewear F/W 13.14 : James Franco by Mert & Marcus

Mat Cyruss

Mag Master
Reaction score

BTS

wwd.com

OMNI-FRANCO: Further strengthening his ties with Gucci, James Franco will front the Italian brand’s eyewear campaign for fall, donning the new Black Bamboo sunglasses and photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott. The campaign will make its debut globally next month. Produced by Safilo Group, the Seventies-inspired aviators are a sophisticated evolution of the classic Bamboo version launched for spring 2013.

The natural bamboo cane is one of Gucci’s most distinctive signature motifs since 1947, employed on several products, from handbags and ready-to-wear to jewelry. The Black Bamboo sunglasses will be available at Gucci boutiques and selected opticians starting October 2013. Franco is also the face of the new Gucci Made to Measure fragrance for men, produced and distributed by P&G Prestige.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's a beautiful shot but i find his beard to be the darling of this shot.

to me, it's more like a shot for a life and style campaign rather than eyewear campaign

^You nailed it, congacon! But that's what Gucci might be going for. The lifestyle; outdoors, palm trees, convertible = luxury...everything that goes with the brand.

Gucci Eyewear F/W 13.14

The iPad edition of UK Vogue October 2013
extracted by vogue28

I don't know who she is but she is not karmen pedaru.

It's definitely not Karmen. Gucci eyewear usually hires random faces.

I don't think its CBN, Karmen, or Julia... but I can't pinpoint who it is.

For me she looks like Erika Labanauskaite

this girl just doesn't scream Gucci. it's a lackluster.

dreadful ad looks like someones instagram or facebook profile pic

The Gucci eyewear ads never scream Gucci to me. Very simple I've always found them to be.

yep i never understand why even bother to shot an individual ad for this lackluster line...:blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->