Hari Nef

I agree. Appearance wise, she isn't that special. I haven't checked out her acting skills yet so maybe she's good at that. She's also funny on social media so that can explain her popularity.

Why her expression is basically the same empty one? If the transgender aspect was not present, she would be a nobody in this industry... I know a girl from college who looks like her clone, but with a more delicate body. Body-wise I don't see anything special, and her face is even more mundane than Kendall's: not pretty, but not exotic or unusual. Not even androgynous, I know most people love her for being trans, but sorry, I don't see the model.
Absolutely. There's nothing special here. At all. It's ridiculous to pretend that this is a model. Call her an It-Girl? Fine. A model? No.

I'm really tired of seeing so much casual transmisogyny on this site. I am glad that Hari is helping to change standards of what beauty and high fashion should be in the industry and what it means to be a woman. She is stunning and beautiful.

I'm really tired of seeing so much casual transmisogyny on this site. I am glad that Hari is helping to change standards of what beauty and high fashion should be in the industry and what it means to be a woman. She is stunning and beautiful.

People here can have negative opinions about models, you know? Model threads are not only opened to kiss their feet, as long as opinions don't become insults (and so far there isn't a single one here), people can comment about a trans model not being "model material", not aesthetically interesting or talented as a model, if that's what they think, and that doesn't make them transmisogynic.

PS: Please send me a link of all the transmisogyny examples you have seen here (since you say they have been so much), 'cause I've been following trans models since I joined here and I've never seen someone being rude on them for being trans.

People here can have negative opinions about models, you know? Model threads are not only opened to kiss their feet, as long as opinions don't become insults (and so far there isn't a single one here), people can comment about a trans model not being "model material", not aesthetically interesting or talented as a model, if that's what they think, and that doesn't make them transmisogynic.

PS: Please send me a link of all the transmisogyny examples you have seen here (since you say they have been so much), 'cause I've been following trans models since I joined here and I've never seen someone being rude on them for being trans.
Thank you for being a voice of reason.

This is such typical behavior of this "snowflake" generation. If you aren't 100% on board with someone - a someone who is in a minority group - you are automatically phobic of that person. Not true. Absolutely not true. So tired of the constant slandering for disagreeing or seeing things differently.

I have no issue with anyone living their life however they so please. However, I do not like in any way, trans or not, being given jobs or opportunities they simply aren't qualified to fill. Hari is simply not a model - not tall enough, not the right body type or size, and simply not beautiful or interesting enough. Sure - you can argue that these are subjective opinions, and I wouldn't argue that these are my own individual thoughts, but frankly, I really don't see model here at all. It has nothing to do with her being trans. Someone like Andreja Pejic, for example, looks like a model. Period. Modeling is not a merit based industry. You either look the part or not. That's it.

Like I said in my previous post - It-Girl? Fine. Model? No.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for being a voice of reason.

This is such typical behavior of this "snowflake" generation. If you aren't 100% on board with someone - a someone who is in a minority group - you are automatically phobic of that person. Not true. Absolutely not true. So tired of the constant slandering for disagreeing or seeing things differently.

I have no issue with anyone living their life however they so please. However, I do not like in any way, trans or not, being given jobs or opportunities they simply aren't qualified to fill. Hari is simply not a model - not tall enough, not the right body type or size, and simply not beautiful or interesting enough. Sure - you can argue that these are subjective opinions, and I wouldn't argue that these are my own individual thoughts, but frankly, I really don't see model here at all. It has nothing to do with her being trans. Someone like Andreja Pejic, for example, looks like a model. Period. Modeling is not a merit based industry. You either look the part or not. That's it.

Like I said in my previous post - It-Girl? Fine. Model? No.

The fashion industry as a whole is actually very transmisogyny which is unfortunate.

You're actually wrong with your first statement. I'm not going to argue with you about it. You don't get to be the one to speak for a minority group.

The fashion industry as a whole is actually very transmisogyny which is unfortunate.

You're actually wrong with your first statement. I'm not going to argue with you about it. You don't get to be the one to speak for a minority group.
You don't get to tell me what I can and cannot speak about. You have no concept of who I am and of where I am coming from and of what my intentions are. First of all, I was never "speaking for a minority group." I don't think I ever said anything to indicate I was voicing my opinion on behalf of the trans community, did I? No. I did not. This insane policing of thoughts, opinions, words and actions coming from so called "tolerant liberals" and "Social Justice Warriors" is so suffocating and insufferable.

Additionally, I'm curious if you work in the fashion industry? If you don't, I'd suggest refraining from slandering the whole industry as being transmisogynists (made up word, BTW). These blanket generalizations you all claim to be so horrified by when someone uses them on a minority, are then handed out with no regard when you're accusing people of being racist, misogynists, transphobes, etc. etc. etc. THOSE generalizations are fine, apparently. Curious.

Hari is someone who puts herself out in the public eye. She is therefor open to criticism. That's how life works. To pretend otherwise is unbelievably naive. Furthermore, to act as though someone is infallible or above criticism or critique simply because they are a "minority" does no one any good, least of all the person in question - who then gets to skate by on little other merits aside from their "identity." That is NOT a free pass.

^ Snowflake generation? SJWs? Honey, cut the Trumpian BS. Those "snowflakes" and "SJWs" are part of the reason why gay men (and transgenders) have many more rights nowadays than a decade ago. That being said, I don't like her one bit as a fashion model either. I'm all for androgyny but she's way too masculine-looking for my taste; but perhaps that's the reason for her success, not all transsexual girls get to look like Andreja Pejic, so maybe Hari is for transsexual models what Kate Moss was for regular models in the 90's (I know that's a bit of a stretch but you get the analogy).

Elle UK Sept 2016 - cover
Photography - Bjarne Jonasson
Styling - Joanne Blades
Videographer - Cooper Naitove

elleuk

Icon Of Change! Hari Nef's ELLE UK September Cover
​'In an ideal world, I wouldn't have to change my body. I wouldn't have to do all this stuff. I wouldn't have to be pretty, or "feminine" and people would respect that'

BY LENA DE CASPARIS - JUL 27, 2016

Model, actress, and trans activist Hari Nef, 23, is one of ELLE's five cover stars of the September 2016 issue (on sale next week).

In her first ever UK cover, and most honest interview yet, Hari talks about her childhood, dating men, and why her gender is not the most interesting thing about her.

Having become increasingly successful this year Hari walked for Gucci at Milan Fashion Week, had a role on TV show Transparent, is the new face of cult label Mansur Gavriel, and is signed with one of the fashion industry's biggest agencies, IMG Models (the first trans model to do so). She's also graduated from Columbia University where she studied drama, and is trying to make her way as an actress in New York.

On her body: 'If my body can fall into the background for just a second, maybe people will start listening to what I have to say.'

On aiming for neutrality: 'In an ideal world, I wouldn't have to change my body. I wouldn't have to do all this stuff. I wouldn't have to be pretty, or "feminine" and people would respect that'

On dating straight men: 'At first gay men were all I ever knew how to be attracted to. Now I'm seeing straight men regularly for the first time in my life…I prefer men who are queer. Not gay men, but queer men – guys with an open mind. Bisexual men, because they're able to understand the different elements of the body without judging that I don't conform to a certain ideal.'

On Caitlyn Jenner:
'The question I have for Caitlyn is what does being a woman mean to you? I don't feel that my politics are separable from my femininity, so dear Caitlyn, from where do you source your femininity? As a woman, who is your community of women? Are the women from low income houses who are disenfranchised by Republican politics – are those women your women? Are the women who have ovaries and wombs and who can't get access to essential reproductive healthcare – are those women your women? Are the immigrant women who would get deported under a Republican administration – are those your women?'

On her catwalk moment for Gucci: 'Alessandro [Michele, Gucci's Creative Director] put me in a look that I felt very safe in [a giant red cape] and I felt protected, cocooned, and powerful. It deleted my body in a way that I like with clothes.'

Elle Mexico Jan 2017

wijily.com/tumblr/hashtag/hari%20nef

Hugo Boss

imgmodels

Candy Magazine

models

she had this to say about the Candy shots - it's something I'd never thought about, despite having numerous friends in the community, but it's true and pretty profound
FROM HER INSTAGRAM - "tbh the only people whose unsolicited opinions i care about are trans people and the girls have responded to this editorial in the most beautiful way which i think might be worth sharing or addressing or highlighting �� images of trans femmes being loved rarely exist outside of p*rn*gr*phy �� we tend to be hyper-sexualized and objectified within the cisgender gaze �� either that or we're dehumanized as scum or (just as bad) untouchable goddesses �� neoliberal circles have begun a slow and clumsy journey toward understanding trans folks and maybe respecting us �� loving us remains a question to be answered (even if it's a no-brainer)"

Elle Brasil Feb 2017 - cover

elle.abril.com.br

Love

shot by Kendall Jenner

Last edited by a moderator:
Hari's look great in the latest editorial. Very high fashion

Hari Nef, wearing Gucci, attends the 'Django' premiere during the 67th Berlinale International Film Festival Berlin at Berlinale Palace on February 9, 2017 in Berlin, Germany.
Tzhf9qa.jpg

zimbio

She resembles Juliette Binoche to me! So lovely in that Gucci dress

MILAN, ITALY - FEBRUARY 22: Hari Nef attends the Gucci event during Milan Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2017/18 on February 22, 2017 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Venturelli/Getty Images for Gucci)
eRDmTpA.jpg

Hari Nef attends the 2017 CFDA Fashion Awards at Hammerstein Ballroom on June 5, 2017 in New York City.
W5GWt91.jpg

zimbio

Marie Claire US September 2017

Photographer: Dan Estabrook
Hair: Peter Butler

fashiongonerogue

NEW YORK, NY - SEPTEMBER 08: Hari Nef attends the 2017 Harper ICONS party at The Plaza Hotel on September 8, 2017 in New York City.
KZwYMj3.jpg

getty​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->