Helena Christensen - Photographer

Honestly I don't really care about technics... what for the most excites me is atmosphere and inspiration ... to me photography is an inspiration and less of all photoshop and other super technics...

I always thought that "lighting" was the foundation skill for photography and has been for decades - I too don't care much for modern computer manipulation, but I do expect photographers to have some acquaintance with how to set up and direct their own lighting, even if they later progress to having an assistant do that for them.

I suppose that's how it goes these days - it puts me in mind of artists like Damian Hirst who employ assistants to paint the canvases, but he takes the credit for the conception of the piece, for the idea, because the art lies in the inspiration and the end product, not the execution.

Last edited by a moderator:
tigerrouge;3202972 I suppose that's how it goes these days - it puts me in mind of artists like Damian Hirst who employ assistants to paint the canvases said:
It does not necessarily mean that Helena only executes but asks someone to help her to fix her inspiration in a material way...

I like simplicity which brings so much space and idea and does not conquers my mind in a very forced way. Like Cretan culture simple and light… This is what I like in Helena’s photography…. lights interchange so naturally and interestingly… darkness and lightness… even her models especially those who are not professionals are giving so much of character usually hidden somewhere down in our spirits or very intimate places…

Her photography brings mood and I like it… and I swear I am saying that not because I am her fan or whatever… this is just how I feel about it… and she is Artist with very strong eyesight.

I think that having "the eye" is the single most important thing in photography and it really can't be taught. It is an innate talent.

I've seen a lot of shooters that have a great education in photography behind them ... use all the latest and best equipment and they still don't take a good picture. And I've seen photographers work on a shoe string ... no lighting at all, just a reflector or two and get gorgeous results.

But, even the most talented shooters eventually learn about lighting and how to get the effect they want. So I'm really surprised that she said that.

Vogue Espana May 2007-Millones de Rosas
Model: Heather Marks

*Scanned by ***Bianca***

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought that "lighting" was the foundation skill for photography and has been for decades - I too don't care much for modern computer manipulation, but I do expect photographers to have some acquaintance with how to set up and direct their own lighting, even if they later progress to having an assistant do that for them.

I suppose that's how it goes these days - it puts me in mind of artists like Damian Hirst who employ assistants to paint the canvases, but he takes the credit for the conception of the piece, for the idea, because the art lies in the inspiration and the end product, not the execution.

Sounds like the way science works...and sounds like Rembrandt too for that matter :wink:

Anouck Lepere by Helena Christensen
DANSK No. 4​

[danskmagazine.dk] - original post belongs to Mettchen vbmenu_register("postmenu_1194320", true);​

Heather Marks by Helen Christensen
Vogue May Espana 2007

from Heather Marks thread [fashionsopt.com] posted by JJSY4Ever scanned by Bianca​

Sophie Dahl by Helena Christensen

Url: same​

Mignus
I think these are just wonderful

url: same

Some extraorinarily sexy man;-) photographed by Helena​

url. same​

^^ Sophie, Michaela and Heather... and the little boy all look fantastic! Optimism shines through in Helena's work. :wub:

I love the un-ID'd post--#131 too. Does anyone know the model?

Trish Goff

Robbie Williams

Erin O'conor

url: same​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"