Hippie and/or Bohemian Chic

I wanted an eyelet skirt for a while, but I finally settled for a white prarie skirt... (I was sick of looking for the perfect one, haha..) but now the look is supposedly tired. I don't care though, I love the look.. as long as it's not overdone.

oh don't get me wrong, i dress very hippie! but i get my looks through truer ways, lately i love everything that is native american inspired.

Hmmmmm... I know what you mean. But I don't really consider that boho. It's more like a "whatever" style.....

Woops, I wasn't talking about your style sssanguine, I was talking about the Gap "bohos". :P

Boho

Anyone else want to vomit if they see another another layered tank, flowy tiered skirt, wooden necklace and flat sandal clad Sienna Miller copycat?
Not meaning to sound rude to anyone who is truly Boho at start, but this trend is becoming far too generic.
Oui? Non? Do tell me what you all think.
-G.

^ You know sometimes I don't see whats wrong with following a few trends such as Boho. I mean so what if a lot of people are wearing it, do we always have to different?!? I don't like full out copy everything, but throwing in a tiered skirt once in a while isn't killing anybody.

Stargirl52 said:
Anyone else want to vomit if they see another another layered tank, flowy tiered skirt, wooden necklace and flat sandal clad Sienna Miller copycat?

Agreed. Every so called fashionista has that tiered skirt.......

Kimkhuu said:
Agreed. Every so called fashionista has that tiered skirt.......

So? As long as it looks good and nice and is pulled of nicely, no?

Well of course. :flower:

But the point is not worrying about everyone having it, it's more that we've seen it so much that it's become boring.

That is true and that's the thing with trends...that's why I dislike most of them :P Not this one though...well, lets say not yet haha

Stargirl52 said:

Ewww I so agree! Can't see it anymore...

It is getting boring for me. When a trend is overly done it is just plain annoying because half the people anymore aren't doing it to be fashionable; they are doing it to be a wallflower and fit in.

I know, I love the boho style, and it's definitely how I dress. But I like to stand out and now everyone is starting to wear gypsy skirts and flat sandals... It's depressing when you want to be original, but the bohemian look is even in an Old Navy commercial :doh:

^ ^ ha ha ha funny that mention that Lakota, I just bought a gypsy skirt at Old Navy... I returned it because it wasnt my style...

^lol, what a coincidence :D . I didn't mean to insult Old Navy or anything, though :flower: , I shop there too :wink:

i dont consider people who buy their tiered skirts at forever 21, paired with wood beads from Claires, with flat sandals from Old Navy... boho. they're just following the trend. they're being TRENDY.

true boho is more about the lifestyle i think... living a luxurious, simple life. with it being reflected in your clothing choices.

Stargirl52 said:
Not meaning to sound rude to anyone who is truly Boho at start, but this trend is becoming far too generic.
Oui? Non? Do tell me what you all think.
-G.

AMEN!!!

I so agree i find it totally lack of imagination is like people wants to be godamn clones!!:angry:

I dont get it!!:doh:

Please make this madness stop, its been taken to far!!

i think that trying to be boho defeats the hole point of boho. Its irony ? an oxymoron ? Hyercrtical ?? omg whats the word im looking for lol brain dead :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uche2crazyyy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->