Hollister and Abercombie & Fitch

^^ Too bad they let Ruehl go, they had the best clothes of the bunch. And the stores were so pretty!

I know Hollister and A&F don't have the best rep around here, but they make a mean pair of jeans. They're tight in all the right places and all the ripped jeans I have from them are pretty amazing, IMO. And I don't think I've owned softer sweatpants and fleece jackets in my life.

Yesterday I went to Hollister and bought a pair of jean shorts on sale.. The weird thing I noticed was that they were in odd number sizes (1, 3, 5, 7, 9)... does this mean I bought shorts for junior girls? The store wasn't split off into different sections for girls/women and I didn't know they made junior sizes to begin with (although the sizing of their clothes in general is probably meant for pre-teens :yuk:). I've never bought a pair of pants/jeans from Hollister or A&F so I was a bit thrown off. Some of the shorts also had a waist size (ex. 26) written beside the single digit size on the label..Nonetheless, they still fit well, which was kind of a surprise heh.

I haven't been to Hollister in years, but whenever I got to Abercrombie Kids or sometimes A&F, their music is always on low and the employees are extremely helpful unlike other stories I've heard. :huh:

Well I like it A&F, it's almost politically incorrect to say it, but I like the store. I think men look fresh wearing their clothes and they make amazing pairs of jeans and shorts for women . It's not exactly a shop i would go to buy a look, i'm not a teenager and it's too preppy for my taste, but for specific things it's a great store.

^ I agree. Men do look fresh wearing Abercrombie. :wink: My best friend, who's a girl, is one who dresses head to toe in A&F and though I think that's unnecessary, it's a great store for basics. A little overpriced (granted, you can find the same cami for like $5 somewhere else), but they do have decent wear if you know how to mix them up with other things. The only thing I don't like is the cotton is really thin on the tank tops and tend to get tiny little holes in it which is pretty annoying since they're not too cheap. -_-

And Has anyone been to the Hollister in NYC yet? It just opened but I haven't gone. It's supposedly really huge. I don't think I've ever gotten anything from a Hollister and though I'm aware the look is similar to A&F, is the quality of material the same too? Is it better, or worse? :flower:

I think that A&F is good for basics as well as when you need something decent looking but don't have time to come up with an outfit. The prices aren't that great, but when they have clearances its completely affordable. Plus, they seem to always be a season ahead so its easy to stock up.

My brother says he has seen steamers with the store's fragrances in it to wand over clothing, and that's why they all smell the same.

I bought one shirt from Abercrombie once and the material was fantastic and soft, but it made me sweat more than usual. :blink: Fortunately I lost it in a friend's dorm during a drunken night, but it really slimmed me down (proabably because it was dark blue).

The clothing never were appealing to me. I rather shop at old navy or target for basics.

I agree that A&F has some very cute and flattering tops. Nearly all of my favorite tank tops are from there.

i really love their cable v neck sweaters. anyone know where i can get one in cream?

Not a big fan of the A&F brands, but their underwear store (Gilly hicks/concept 5) is fantastic! I love how the store is set out, and the products inside aren't bad, either.

Not sure how I feel about their marketing though :wink:

i really love their cable v neck sweaters. anyone know where i can get one in cream?

Probably either at Hollister or Abercrombie :P
They'll probably start coming out with their sweaters soon to get ready for back to school shopping and the fall/winter collection.

Not sure how I feel about their marketing though :wink:

:lol: This reminded me of my trip to NYC in early June.

In the door of the A&F, there was an African-American male model with his shirt OFF standing in the doorway. In my town, I can't imagine that happening. Maybe it was a publicity thing :huh:

^ I'm pretty sure they do that regularly at the flagship. Just cause, they're you know, provocative :innocent:I've heard the models outside the massive hollister store are similarly lacking in terms of clothes.

Apparently the new hollister is set up in a really odd way, like a maze of little rooms instead of just open space, so I guess I can see why it would be un-appealing. That and the dark, noisy, windowless, four-story box factor.

:lol: This reminded me of my trip to NYC in early June.

In the door of the A&F, there was an African-American male model with his shirt OFF standing in the doorway. In my town, I can't imagine that happening. Maybe it was a publicity thing :huh:

That is a daily thing, in every flagship store. You even get to take a poloroid pictures with the shirtless models!

lol. Its very.. Abercrombie.

Apparently the new hollister is set up in a really odd way, like a maze of little rooms instead of just open space, so I guess I can see why it would be un-appealing. That and the dark, noisy, windowless, four-story box factor.
Sounds a lot like Gilly hicks to me.

a&f has great prices during their sales/clearances. the store at the grove in LA has half-naked (shirtless) male store models in the entry. hahah. what a job...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->