How Has tFS Changed Your Style?

i used to want to give all my worldly possessions to louis vuitton ,now i'm cured .thank you Tfs!:P

I don't believe tfs has changed my style but merely enhanced it, with new ideas towards certain looks and introducing me to new designers who I might not have noticed or really paid a good amount of attention to.

I've become more accepting...

of other styles. I'm very classic,high end and I've come to appreciate risk takers :flower: I've discovered brands I'd never given a second look. Like Balenciaga....

Spring Summer 2005
Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquière
I'd totally wear this. Very sexy without going too far! (this model even resembles like me)

i think i am painfully aware of trends now...
which makes my style less instinctual...
which i don't really like so much...

that is part of the reason i never read magazines...
i don't like to be influenced by outside sources...
but now i am always in the trendspotting threads and i feel the need to purchase 'trends' for the new season...

like shorts and platforms for spring...
which is so very unlike me....
:ermm:...

i find myself fighting against these urges...
but it means that i keep buying things...bringing them home...
and then going 'what was i thinking'...:huh:...
then bringing them back....

which is REALLY not like me...
something is goiong to have to change here...
i think i am going to have to do some more customisations or something...
i'm not sure...

:unsure:...

i dont think my style has changed, i think ive just become more aware of other peoples styles

softgrey said:
i don't like to be influenced by outside sources...
but now i am always in the trendspotting threads and i feel the need to purchase 'trends' for the new season...

That's how I feel when I purchase a piece. Are people going to think that I'm dressing like insert celebrity name here or is this piece too commonplace nowadays?

I, too, hate that feeling. But, then again, I can't help but feel that way.

breathe0xygen said:
tFS...
It has given me many inspirations and lessons. Well, to sum it up in one sentence I would say that I have learned that personality shines through fashion. And I think thats beautiful. As many people have said in previous posts, I feel that tFS has actually developed/grew my thinking toward fashion and style. To be honest, I dressed like any teenage girl out there, with the mere concept of "what's in magazines must be whats cool, so I should go get it." Its terribly pathetic to think about it now, since I had no sense in clothing, and about what really suited me. Yes, I was just another sheep following the whole crowd.
But one day I landed on tFS and everything turned around. It has given me so much courage. I never used to wear orange, or bright colors, or even metallic shades. I was hesitant, "What if I wore something wrong, or out of style... what if?". I have learned at tFS that such worries shouldn't really exist. I wear what I think looks best on me, what I think is great and lovely. So now, I wear what I want to... and I am more than happy.
Since I don't even have my own decent job, I can't afford much designer clothing. It doesn't matter though, just looking at the pictures, reading peoples thoughts, talking to the kind people on tFS from all over the world, people that have their own mind and opinion is much more than I can ask for. This experience is much more valuable than anything out there. tFS is Priceless, as the Mastercard commercial would say.

dear Lord, thats the longest comment I have written in my entire life. :lol:

I agree completely! TFS has given me the courage to not be afraid to express myself and I am so grateful for that! Fashion is truly my passion and its amazing being connected with others who feel the same from all around the world!

I dont necessarily think TFS has changed my style per se, but it does give me more inspiration & has opened my eyes to more ideas; a lot of people that I associate with go for the whole t-shirt & jeans look and, so I dont really feed off them when I get dressed..Perhaps that would be different if I wouldve pursued that art-school dream :wink:

But for me, more importantly, Ive LEARNED a lot more of the clothes I buy, and other designers & clothing stores I may not have necessarily been exposed to in my everyday life here in Boston (A & If in NYC and NDC & those mythical Marsell shoes come to mind here)..For example, thru TFS, Ive leared WHY clothes from Dries VanNoten are priced very reasonably, and that Marc Jacobs does NOT design, nor does he care to design, his own menswear line, so if Im gonna blow $200+ on a garment, guess who Im more likely going to give it to?

So for me, TFS has served more as a learning tool more than anything else..which leads to smarter purchases in the end..

tFS has given me the necessary tools to create my style.. although I still haven't fully developed it yet...

tFS has also opened up for a whole new world in fashion, for me.. a world beyond the commercialized and mainstream designers/labels...

uhm, in a very good way:woot: . i come from a family where everyone looks good.women always wear a piece of jewelry, their signature perfume and a dab of lipstick and blush, etc etc....old fashioned rules like....but i grew up on the south side of Chicago, where that god awful ghetto thug/ghetto fabulous/just plain ghetto look runs rampid, and i supressed this because of fear of not fitting in. but when i found tFS, i saw that people of all ages and walks of life can appreciate good fashion and dress accordingly-so ive let my inner fashion goddes run free! thanx to all of you guys!:flower:

For me it's been an education!
On the other hand, I have realized how small and globalized the world has become. Same fashion trends and same top makes all over the world, as if we were all shopping in the same huge supermarket. Teenagers especially, they look the same the world all over (as far as my experience goes, of course).
:(

Baizilla said:
tFS has given me the necessary tools to create my style.. although I still haven't fully developed it yet...

tFS has also opened up for a whole new world in fashion, for me.. a world beyond the commercialized and mainstream designers/labels...
i second that

tfs has developed my personal style, i've become more individual and i'm not afraid to try new things. i used to dress up like everyone else because i was so insecure about myself. now i've developed to be more me and express myself through fashion.

tfs has also showed me that thrift stores are the best place in the whole world.
tfs with it's members is my inspiration :heart:

it's currently my favorite forum.
the people are so friendly and inspiring.

Like others said tfs has given me the courage to wear different things! I don't really care what others are wearing so much and it doesn't effect what I wear as much. It has also helped me realize how much quality and versatility matters. Before I would buy semi trendy cheap clothing and than wouldn't wear it a couple months later, but now I make sure all my purchases are of good quality and I will wear them.

Of course, it also has caused me to be jealous of some of you.:lol:

^ :lol:

I haven't been here long (two months?) but I was lurking for a year before signing up :ninja: and you guys know so much! It always amazes me when someone correctly identifies not only the designer, but also the season of the pieces people ask about in threads :flower:

On a personal level, I think I've been exposed to so many more new things. And that's the best thing about tFS for me- being able to talk to so many people from all around the world who have great unique styles (and personalities!) that never cease to be inspiring :heart:

I have always put great effort on my personal style. I still think of ways to improve it and looking back I have realised that sometimes I was ahead of various runway trends. But at that time I knew little about runway shows and the various designers I know and love now. TFS has helped me understand how clothing is structered and it also helped me to be even more experimental with my style :flower:

well, the word "changed" might not be very accurate for my experience, "shape" would be better.Tfs hasn't changed my style a lot, but told me what "Style" it is and then developed my taste on clothing.

Before coming to tfs I don't have a clear idea about style. I knew how to look nice & pretty, but it did nothing to express myself. I was unaware of what kind of outfit suits my age, mood and preference. tfs gave me a chance to see tons of great outfits by celebs, models and the ppl on this forum, etc. I learned so much from them and gain many inspirations. as I browsed "wt are you wearing today" thread,I saw many creative and fabulous outfits. i can't help indulging myself in tfs to appreciate these great threads. at first I was a bit lost in these great looks and don't know which one suits me. i just thought "wow, this is cute, that is lovely" it took me quite a long time to get to know what I like best and what is most suitable for me among all these fantastic styles.

almost every way possible, along with fashion magazines....seriously.

Growing up (I still am...I am only 16 after all) I was a tomboy, chasing my brother and his friends around the playground, refusing to be my mothers doll when she dragged me through stores trying to get me into dresses. Yet I've always had a girly side. If it weren't for internet sites/magazines I probably would've followed the herd in my town running to Abercrombie and the Gap for outifts...instead I now actually think about how to put outfits together, how to be creative/interesting/different.

I've been out of school though...sick, so been wearing pajamas for practically the past 6 months, and was sick for a yr before that but well enough for school...so was always in jeans/sweatshirts. Now I'm better...can't wait to "debut" my new look at art courses this summer with a new group of kids I don't know, and next school year (unless I go to academy, then it'll be a uniform)..people won't know that it's me, my style has changed so much. (my views on it, etc...so I can't wait to actually put it into play)

Thank you tfs......you made me cool B) :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willxxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->